• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What I would change about Bloody Palace

Bude8

I fail to see the logic here!
I know there's been many BP threads but I'm interested.
  • To allow customisation of difficulties - eg, Human BP, SOS BP, DMD BP, Hell & Hell BP instead of having a gradually increasing difficulty
  • Random mob spawns (like in DMC3, IIRC each floor spawned different things each time)
  • 3 portals and 10001 floors, 1 portal takes you up 1, 1 portal takes you up 10 and the final takes you up 100 (basically DMC3 BP)
I feel it would get too boring and repetitive otherwise, and you will soon be able to memorise each mob wave -.-
This is what I would change about BP, what would you change?

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
More "gimmick" floors. Having one just every 15th floor of each phase doesn't feel enough for me.

Or have the option to turn on and off the gimmicks.

Oh yes, harder enemies overall too. And get rid of all those dumb "Lesser Stygian only" waves.

Finally, have it harder with the time. I swear I didn't even remember there was a timer until I noticed it around the 50th wave.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
More "gimmick" floors. Having one just every 15th floor of each phase doesn't feel enough for me.

Oh yes, harder enemies overall too. And get rid of all those dumb "Lesser Stygian only" waves.

Finally, have it harder with the time. I swear I didn't even remember there was a timer until I noticed it around the 50th wave.

and NO color coded enemies. AT ALL.

EvilX-81

Hell yes. I was a little disappointed that there were only like a handful of these floors throughout the entire 101 floors. Almost makes it pointless that they're in there.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Well, I'd like for an option to choose what arena you want to play in. I'd like for it to be more crazy, as in spawning a crazy amount of random enemies. That would be extremely fun!

Jerry Wirerammer

I would love some sort of editor, were you could choose your backgrounds, mobs, difficulty etc. Basically build your own challenges, post them online for others to try etc or just use it as and advanced practice arena.

I think "Dantes Inferno" may have something like this?

DankestDarkness

Wondering sprit from hell
I know there's been many BP threads but I'm interested.
  • To allow customisation of difficulties - eg, Human BP, SOS BP, DMD BP, Hell & Hell BP instead of having a gradually increasing difficulty
  • Random mob spawns (like in DMC3, IIRC each floor spawned different things each time)
  • 3 portals and 10001 floors, 1 portal takes you up 1, 1 portal takes you up 10 and the final takes you up 100 (basically DMC3 BP)
I feel it would get too boring and repetitive otherwise, and you will soon be able to memorise each mob wave -.-
This is what I would change about BP, what would you change?
What I would change is random spawns and I don't know I guess make it harder not so easy it takes me no less then five tries to beat this a disgrace to bloody palace name

zarion

Throw in Imprisoner and Wisp for extra rapey fun.
Tyrrants and Witches ain't got jack on the Imprisoner.

Roxas

I'd put Vergil, more floors(I died at 92 anyways...) and modified boss battles. Seriously, the movie-like boss battles keep ****ing me off, except for the Hunter and Killingface/Lilith.
And I'd love me some rewards for playing it too. Like... Bloody Palace costume/weapons.

Sunaka Marién

I'd just want it to be like in DMC3.
That stupid timer just drives me mad! I died more often because of that thing then, well, getting actually killed :/
They could have at least made it optional... or maybe they could really, like, give you different modes to choose from.
One that is just like in DMC3.
One "Time Attack" thingy.
And maybe one with only bosses, and at some point you'd have to fight them in pairs.
And random enemy waves pretty please <3

DarkSlayer54

The only thing I'd like to see improved for DmC, is the JC'ing. I only recently started playing around with it... and I went back to DMC3 to see how it was. I have to say, I love that it's become about timing rather than positioning. The only enemy I enjoyed jc'ing on were the bloody demons Vergil fights in the opening cutscene. They were super easy to cancel on, and it was really satisfying bringing them into the air and cancel vergil's first Yamato slash.
In DmC, something feels off about the JC'ing. Cancelling rebellion/arbiters 'Circle' attack just looks ugly, and I don't really like doing that... but Osiris's first areal slash looks nice to cancel on, actually both angel weapons look nice to cancel with... but even with those, it just doesn't feel as satisfying as Vergil's Yamato. Maybe it's just the speed of DMC3's slashes that made it more satisfying...

One thing I would hate to see, is JC'ing to go back to how it was in DMC3... It's just too difficult to cancel on almost all the enemies. There's a reason I never bothered with it until I started to get bored with DmC. I'd like to see more air attacks, because with DmC the main two things I ever cancel is Calibur and the first slash to Osiris. I sometimes cancel Rebellion's first slash, but it doesn't look as nice. I mainly like to go Osiris- Slash, cancel, Slash, cancel, Slash, Slash, pause, Rebelllion- Slash. Or... I just spam Calibur.

Other than that... I want to see a toggle-able lock-on, more attacks, customization to devil trigger, and more perks. There's a huge list of things they could have done with perks... since HoH has no unlocks, they could have added perks upon completion to make the game harder (Remove enemy weaknesses/stuns for example).
I could imagine the perk menu being like Goldeneye's (3:08),
More perks could be amazing to have. I'd love to tweak Dante to my personal preference, such as racking up devil trigger as quickly as previous DMC's, and using it up as slowly as them too. I would have also loved to disable the DT fog, and disable the ability for it to launch enemies into the air. Heck, I would have loved a 'Super Guns' cheat too, to really boost up the damage that guns deal.

EDIT: I meant to post this in another thread... just in case your wondering why its so off topic. :/

Top Bottom