• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What does people think about Street Fighter X Tekken?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
OMG OMG OMG!!!! FINALLY!!!
4296472cf94ed8035d3b941136e709eb.jpg
Totally FAKE PICTURE!​
>_<
...dang it.
I would love to see a new Zone of Enders title.
I agree with DreadnoughtDT & alot of gamers are wondering this, Why doesn't Capcom stop vomiting Streetfighter & continue series that gamers want, haven't seen in awhile & are dying for there return.
DarkStalkers/Vampire Savior
Mega Man Legends 3
Rival Schools
Power Stone
Plasma Sword
Spawn: In the Demon's Hand
There's a TON of Capcom titles many would love to see & Capcom spams Streetfighter & then wonders why the u.s. is possibly losing interest.

I read somewhere that HD isn't always a great idea for games. A developers said the HD version has removed the game’s trademark fog filter.
hehe the o'l fog filter. I do miss that. Thats what made most of the games so eerie =S imo it was the best effect they had back in the day. And the hd games look great but it doesn't look as ground breaking as it did on the ps2. HD collections are for long time fans and collectors, and a good way to promote up and coming titles for sequels. And if new comers to the series are interested, they can buy an HD collection of all the previous games at a decent price. Definitely not for the masses.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
More Street Fighter? *sigh* Why can't Capcom further their other series, like Mega Man? They pulled a gigantic cocktease by cancelling Mega Man Legends 3 when "criteria weren't met" along with a suspiciously specific denial that Keiji Inafune getting canned had nothing to do with it. And then when Inafune offered to finish the game, Capcom flat-out refused. So, um, what the f*ck? That's just as stupid as Konami bogging Hideo Kojima down with a bunch of other projects so he can't get to Zone of the Enders 3.
hehe...cock...what wtf? KONAMI!! I THOUGHT U GUYS WERE BETTER THAN THIS!!!

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
But instead they made PS3 that's not backwards compatible, forcing everybody who bought a ps2 to either upgrade or get left behind. The gaming world is very much a business, and the only ones to blame is ourselves for wanting more and more. As for me, I'm content where I'm at with games. I research a little, find like 5 of the best game all year and buy them. I will be getting ZoE HD whenever it comes out. With all the anime and crazy mechanical battles. It should of been released on the new hardware.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
4296472cf94ed8035d3b941136e709eb.jpg
Totally FAKE PICTURE!​
I would love to see a new Zone of Enders title.
I agree with DreadnoughtDT & alot of gamers are wondering this, Why doesn't Capcom stop vomiting Streetfighter & continue series that gamers want, haven't seen in awhile & are dying for there return.
DarkStalkers/Vampire Savior
Mega Man Legends 3
Rival Schools
Power Stone
Plasma Sword
Spawn: In the Demon's Hand
There's a TON of Capcom titles many would love to see & Capcom spams Streetfighter & then wonders why the u.s. is possibly losing interest.

I read somewhere that HD isn't always a great idea for games. A developers said the HD version has removed the game’s trademark fog filter.

OH WHAT THE FU-... That picture makes me want ZoE3 even more! Even my friend, who doesn't play it, was ****ed that it wasn't real. When are we going to get all the games they promised us, huh?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Yea it's a business it sucks there are gamers that still like PS2 titles that aren't PSN available or in the plans to be re-released as HD versions.
I know, right
I wouldn't mind Soul Calibur 2 in HD.
got a little off topic here

I heard from a friend that the Tekken fighters have extremely cheap over heads, some that bounce your opponent off the ground and into combos. I guess thats like the newer Tekken.

ZeroLove

Capcom has come under fire in recent weeks for the situation regarding Street Fighter X Tekken‘s DLC. Fans were outraged to learn that additional fighters for the crossover were being held back as premium DLC but already present on the game’s disc, just locked out until people bought them.
But, after having had complaints lodged at the Better Business Bureau, Capcom has stepped in to defend itself.
A statement recently issued by the publisher read: “At Capcom, we value our customers and make every effort to resolve customer complaints. We are sorry to hear that [censored] was so disappointed with the Street Fighter x Tekken game (”SFxT”), and would like to respond to his complaints.
:melons: CLICK THE LINK 4 MORE :melons:

Your link goes to a place where you have to have a user before you can read it.

ZeroLove

Yea i know, it's a mature site....tee-hee.​
While Capcom is sorry that some of its fans are not happy about the chosen method of delivery for the DLC, we believe that this method will provide more flexible and efficient gameplay throughout the game’s lifecycle.”
The company had previously reasoned that the DLC being included on-disc meant that people who hadn’t bought the extra characters could still face them in online matches.
“There is effectively no distinction between the DLC being ”locked” behind the disc and available for unlocking at a later date, or being available through a full download at a later date, other than delivery mechanism.”
This past week the publisher also announced its DLC plans for Asura’s Wrath, which asks players to pay for the ‘true conclusion’ to the game. I had a little something to say about that.

I actually found the whole article someplace else:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...content-sound-patch-possibly-coming-april-10/

I think it makes sense. Game companies don't make up DLC on the fly after the game has been released, they have planned it beforehand and to take up minimum space on people's console systems, they put the already done content onto the disc, ready for unlocking through a download. I'm not against that. What matters is the price they put on said download.

Crimson_Countess

countess of chaos
i got streetfighter x tekken and to be honest? its way better then i thouht it'd be. i got scared when they said 2D. lol! it works though.

ZeroLove

I finally got my hands on SFxT and I freaking love it! I love the gameplay elements and how it is build up, how easy it is to pull off a simple combo but hard to master with big advanced combos, there are so many cool characters in it and the Tekken characters got some of their coolest moves handpicked for their special moves. The story in it is as it can be expected for a clash fighter, but it's an acceptable excuse, imo.

This is a good day. I got a new game I wanted and there's been some awesome news about the new Devil May Cry. And to think that only a few days ago I was so down and depressed about the crappy HD collection.

Top Bottom