• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What does people think about Street Fighter X Tekken?

ZeroLove

I don't have the money to buy it yet which bothers the heck out of me, but I have heard both good things and bad things about the game. I'm curious to hear what you guys think of it.

And I stumbled upon this one:

They're such jokers. XD

I heard that all the downloadable content that will be coming soon is already on the disc and that is 1/3 of the roster being kept hidden on there. That kinda sucks, imo. My favourite male Tekken character, Lars, is supposedly one of them, teaming up with Alisa. I'm at least glad to hear that Lars will make an appearance as a playable character, it just sucks I have to pay to unlock him when he is already on the disc.

Anyways, I've been enjoying some uploaded videos on youtube of people playing the game and it looks good. Can't wait to have a go at it myself. I've seen the endings too, because I don't care about spoilers and all, and they kinda disappoint me, but I didn't really expect much about the storyplot of the game. Clash fighters rarely have any good storyplot, if any at all, so I don't care that much about it.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Honestly... I don't like it. That's probably down to the Street Fighter bit.
To get an ending, you have to fight as a certain team, or else there really isn't one.
The only chance i'm going to get to play as the extra charaters is if i get a PS vita.
Capcom did the same with dlc characters on Marvel V Capcom 3. The coding for them was already on this disc (the games were hacked.)

I'm trying to write a review about this game, and I've just got no idea what to write.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I'll buy it, because I like the characters, but I get the feeling I'm not gonna be to bothered about it. I agree with being burned out on Streetfighter stuff. I might wait until it comes down in price. ^_^

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
I am not really interested with this game, mainly because it's visual style and of it's genre. I only like very few fighting games, such as Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
looks like toe tapping and juggling.
I wanted it to be in 3d like Tekken with street fighter characters in it. But i guess this way is easier

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
bea97f59bece7c7a9b92878baea91686.jpg
In a recent interview with GamesMaster Magazine, Yoshinori Ono touched a little on Tekken x Street Fighter and its current development progress. According to Ono, the counterpart to Capcom’s recently released Street Fighter x Tekken is way behind schedule, going as far to say Namco Bandai’s team have yet to create a single design document.

:melons: CLICK THE LINK 4 MORE :melons:
damn, 6 years for part 2? good thing its a joke (hopefully only a joke)

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
In a recent interview with GamesMaster Magazine, Yoshinori Ono touched a little on Tekken x Street Fighter and its current development progress. According to Ono, the counterpart to Capcom’s recently released Street Fighter x Tekken is way behind schedule, going as far to say Namco Bandai’s team have yet to create a single design document.
Well i guess thats cool, but still a very long way away from release. There will be at least 4 or 5 new street fighter games that will come out before this one. Maybe even a Tekken 7.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
More Street Fighter? *sigh* Why can't Capcom further their other series, like Mega Man? They pulled a gigantic cocktease by cancelling Mega Man Legends 3 when "criteria weren't met" along with a suspiciously specific denial that Keiji Inafune getting canned had nothing to do with it. And then when Inafune offered to finish the game, Capcom flat-out refused. So, um, what the f*ck? That's just as stupid as Konami bogging Hideo Kojima down with a bunch of other projects so he can't get to Zone of the Enders 3.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
More Street Fighter? *sigh* Why can't Capcom further their other series, like Mega Man? They pulled a gigantic cocktease by cancelling Mega Man Legends 3 when "criteria weren't met" along with a suspiciously specific denial that Keiji Inafune getting canned had nothing to do with it. And then when Inafune offered to finish the game, Capcom flat-out refused. So, um, what the f*ck? That's just as stupid as Konami bogging Hideo Kojima down with a bunch of other projects so he can't get to Zone of the Enders 3.
mmmmmmmmm:w00t:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
The last that I heard was Namco have only got a set number of people (less than ten) working on Tekken x Street Fighter and a small team working on Tekken Tag 2.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
The likelihood of 3 coming out will be gauged on the HD collection's sales, so let's you and I buy like, 30 copies each. XD
HA!
If they are really depending on the HD sales, their going to be short becasue HD collections usually don't sell to well anyways.
But if you buy 30, can't you just give me one =)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
HA!
If they are really depending on the HD sales, their going to be short becasue HD collections usually don't sell to well anyways.
But if you buy 30, can't you just give me one =)

If I could get away with it, I'd buy two and send the second to you.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
If I could get away with it, I'd buy two and send the second to you.
WOOHOO
I haven't actually beat the 1st one. I got it when it first came out (not knowing that it just came out) and i kinda got tired of playing VG and never beat it. The second one was by far the most craziest game i've seen and very beautiful once every weapon is unlocked, plus it was my first cell shaded game to play, and the snow looked great. 1 of my favorite games on the ps2.
I think ZoE 2 HD will look much better than DMC HD. The levels are huge and i think it will look like Shadows, plus all the weapons have a very stellar feel to them and i cannot wait to see it in high def

Top Bottom