• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What does NT think when they look at us completing the game?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Darksiders had a little combo depth, and Darksiders II still had a lot of enemies that died pretty quick. And yes, it's constructive criticism, but Vigil also agreed with the idea of fleshing out combat a bit more than the puzzle-solving and dungeon-crawling.

However, you're missing the point I'm talking about. Constructive criticism is fine and dandy, but it doesn't always mean that it's right, especially when it contradicts the intended design philosophy. Then, a bigger problem arises when people get insanely bitchy about their constructive criticism not being implemented for change. As an example, people literally bitched about how easy it was to stay in the air in DmC during combos, and demanded a change be made, and NT did nothing to rectify it since the whole point of DmC's combat was to exemplify aerial combat as more than just a trick. People got upset because their criticism didn't see the change they wanted.

To the point - the consumer does not always know better, and in DmC's case, the vitriolic behavior and unwillingness to just accept things the way they were going to be shows appallingly that a lot of consumers are selfish because they want something their way, regardless of how much it contradicts the design of what is being offered to them. If they don't like it, don't f#cking buy it, and get something else - that's the only power you have as a consumer.

It baffles the mind how a large number of people criticized the game before release, and yet had no intention of actually becoming a consumer of it. Any normal person would go "I dun like this" and just move on. But no, not here, everyone somehow kept expecting DmC to be DMC5, when they f#cking told everyone outright that it wasn't DMC5, and was going to be different than it. Instead of going "I don't like this, I'll wait for DMC5," people fruitlessly demanded this become DMC5, and then got upset over it not being what they should never have expected it to be. People latched on to retarded rumors that fueled more stupidity, instead of keeping a level head :/

"I don't like That! I want This!"
"This isn't That. It's not supposed to be This. We'll make This some other time, but right now we're focusing on That."
"Uuuuwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah~"
"Go cry somewhere else. I don't care."

As an example, people literally bitched about how easy it was to stay in the air in DmC during combos, and demanded a change be made, and NT did nothing to rectify it since the whole point of DmC's combat was to exemplify aerial combat as more than just a trick. People got upset because their criticism didn't see the change they wanted.

"

I absolutely love the amazing wide shots and epic scope of the aerial combat; I hope whoever makes the sequel doesn't lose that unique visual element.

I guess to me the fun of doing combos comes less from difficult to master control mechanics and more from visual creativity. I approach this game like a mini sandbox action movie, where I'm the director.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The Darksiders games are probably my second-favorite series ever. I'm still mad that Yahtzee gave them bad reviews. :mad:

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Hm... I personally believe that there could have been somethings either patched in to the game, or in fact should have been on the original game disk. DmC is a great game and I respect their design choices all the way, but there could have been more work to perfect the game.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Edited:

Well, I remember a while back on the forum a few techie guys looked through the code and said that they "didn't find anything missing" because code itself was left "intact" and not manipulated.

But, that's all up for speculation at this point.

D

Deleted member 25469

From a PC gamer's standpoint:

Every previous Devil May Cry title had Turbo Mode. Lack of Turbo Mode is inexcusable.
Every previous Devil May Cry title had hard lock-on. Lack of lock-on is inexcusable.
Every previous Devil May Cry title had all characters playable in BP. Lack of Vergil BP is inexcusable.

Remember the only Devil May Cry games on PC are DMC3:SE and DMC4.

If they intended to make "the perfect Devil May Cry taking the best things from previous games", they broke their own rules and fell significantly short of their goal.

BTW, I know my turbo mode mod turns itself off sometimes and also speeds up the cutscenes: Considering cutscenes have TRIGGERS, for the developers to turn the mod off pre-cutscene and turn it back on post-cutscene would have been absolutely trivial. This could have been developed fully functionally in two weeks including testing, and one month including bureaucracy. And this could have been done by a SINGLE programmer.

That said, this game isn't the first unfinished Devil May Cry. DMC4, if more fun to play IMO, was much more unfinished. Backtracking and enemies absolutely NOT designed for Dante... These are problems you can't fix in a few weeks.

Top Bottom