• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you think about Brexit?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
So the general consensus here seems to be they left because people who weren't white wanted in? Shocking...

Frazz

General gamer
So the general consensus here seems to be they left because people who weren't white wanted in? Shocking...
I'd say more probably left because they believed the lies that the NHS would get more money and they don't know about the UK's relationship with the EU and how that works.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
There is a strong correlation between region and the voting process. If you look, those who wanted to stay were largely, and understandably, those financially benefitting the most. When you look further North, you see people getting poorer and more and more disenfranchised with what they are being promised compared with what life is actually like for them.

True enough, there was not enough factual information coming through and both sides treated it like an election rather than the serious issue it is. I spent a long time looking at the pros and cons of both sides. Immigration only bothers me when it destabilises the economy further. As in, cash in hand work which invariably winds up being sent back home rather than spent in the country it has been earned. As it stands there are no caps for this.

Asylum seekers are an entirely different kettle of fish and I believe we so have a moral obligation to help anyone fleeing from what is usually a mess the west has kindly made anyway. This to me is a by the by issue, not a Brexit issue.

One thing that I hope does happen is that the expats living it up on the Costa del Whatever stop receiving English benefits. Retirees who emigrate to spain can still currently claim full pensions, cold weather payments and other government money from England. This is crazy. If you emigrate you should relinquish your social security rights for those of the chosen destination.

One more thing - can we please stop presuming that all Leavers are racist? That doesn't help discussion, is insulting and downright ignorant. Ta.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Angel

I swear, you have provided more information on the matter than I have seen in any of the articles. I believe both sides have strong arguments, from what little I've seen; good reasons for wanting to leave, and good reasons for wanting to stay. It's like you said--it all depends on which region we're talking about here, and the individual needs of the people.

Truthfully, stay or leave, I don't think it matters; either decision would have been met with repercussions of one nature or another. I maintain my view that things will likely be very shaky for your guys for a bit, but perhaps this really was for the best?

Hard for me to say, though. I don't live there, so there's a lot I'm not seeing. ^^;

(In any case, I think you've presented your argument concisely. Wish they had seen fit to provide that much information for both sides before putting it to a vote).

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
There is a strong correlation between region and the voting process. If you look, those who wanted to stay were largely, and understandably, those financially benefitting the most. When you look further North, you see people getting poorer and more and more disenfranchised with what they are being promised compared with what life is actually like for them.

True enough, there was not enough factual information coming through and both sides treated it like an election rather than the serious issue it is. I spent a long time looking at the pros and cons of both sides. Immigration only bothers me when it destabilises the economy further. As in, cash in hand work which invariably winds up being sent back home rather than spent in the country it has been earned. As it stands there are no caps for this.

Asylum seekers are an entirely different kettle of fish and I believe we so have a moral obligation to help anyone fleeing from what is usually a mess the west has kindly made anyway. This to me is a by the by issue, not a Brexit issue.

One thing that I hope does happen is that the expats living it up on the Costa del Whatever stop receiving English benefits. Retirees who emigrate to spain can still currently claim full pensions, cold weather payments and other government money from England. This is crazy. If you emigrate you should relinquish your social security rights for those of the chosen destination.

One more thing - can we please stop presuming that all Leavers are racist? That doesn't help discussion, is insulting and downright ignorant. Ta.
I don't think that anyone here is saying that all leavers are racist, there is an element of that though but like I said it could just be that they're scared of Muslims or brown people which with what's happening in the world with terrorist attacks, it can be understood why one would be scared. I just think you should be honest about your reason, if it's either about race, bigotry or if you're scared because of terrorist attacks just be honest and say it. But scapegoating immigrants because you're uneducated and can't find a job or are payed s*** because you didn't bother getting a decent education is bulls***. I saw that the poorly educated overwhelmingly voted to leave because they thought it would be better for the economy, how's that economy working out for you now? It's not like you've been warned about what would happen with Brexit for all this time now or anything, right? With all those warnings, I find it hard to swallow when people say it was all about the economy when they knew what was going to happen. Oh well, you get what you vote for and what you deserve for voting that way. I just feel bad for the people that listened to all the warnings and voted to remain, sucks for you guys. The people who voted to leave though, you made your bed now lie in it. By the way, type in to Google "people regretting Brexit vote" if you want a really good laugh. How dumb can some people be?

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The economy is a mess regardless. As it stands, things are most definitely going to be more shaky whilst the EU and Britain work out the leaving deal. There is more to leaving the EU than the economy although listening to the campaigners on either side, one would be forgiven for thinking that it was the only issue there.

What irks me is the emphasis placed on immigrants - generally speaking the UK has not been overwhelmed by people coming in from other countries looking for work. And even of it had, it is not their fault we have no viable systems in place to manage the financial side of things. People pay cash in hand to avoid tax - that lies firmly on their shoulders, not the immigrant they are paying. The government has yet to find a way of ensuring wages are paid legally, fairly and with a view to boosting our economy rather than someone else's.

Of course we get what we vote for. That's pretty much how its supposed to work, isn't it? And yes, there will be scaremongering for months to come along with"experts" and political commentators putting their two pence in. But this would happen whether we stayed or left. The vote has been made and rather than flinging I told you so's around, the people of the UK need to knuckle down and get to grips with planning the future rather than harping on about the what ifs.

Already there are a number of petitions to parliament taking off on places like change.org and 38 degrees by the public to ensure certain changes are considered by the government. I think we all know that there is no chance of the NHS suddenly being given millions of pounds - that was an insanely unrealistic figure from the outset. But there is going to be a financial shift and the British people are now more armed to make demands without foreign powers getting involved.

There was never going to be a perfect outcome. Two things are required now: patience and perseverance. Nobody can predict what will happen because we haven't done this before.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
The economy is a mess regardless. As it stands, things are most definitely going to be more shaky whilst the EU and Britain work out the leaving deal. There is more to leaving the EU than the economy although listening to the campaigners on either side, one would be forgiven for thinking that it was the only issue there.

What irks me is the emphasis placed on immigrants - generally speaking the UK has not been overwhelmed by people coming in from other countries looking for work. And even of it had, it is not their fault we have no viable systems in place to manage the financial side of things. People pay cash in hand to avoid tax - that lies firmly on their shoulders, not the immigrant they are paying. The government has yet to find a way of ensuring wages are paid legally, fairly and with a view to boosting our economy rather than someone else's.

Of course we get what we vote for. That's pretty much how its supposed to work, isn't it? And yes, there will be scaremongering for months to come along with"experts" and political commentators putting their two pence in. But this would happen whether we stayed or left. The vote has been made and rather than flinging I told you so's around, the people of the UK need to knuckle down and get to grips with planning the future rather than harping on about the what ifs.

Already there are a number of petitions to parliament taking off on places like change.org and 38 degrees by the public to ensure certain changes are considered by the government. I think we all know that there is no chance of the NHS suddenly being given millions of pounds - that was an insanely unrealistic figure from the outset. But there is going to be a financial shift and the British people are now more armed to make demands without foreign powers getting involved.

There was never going to be a perfect outcome. Two things are required now: patience and perseverance. Nobody can predict what will happen because we haven't done this before.
You're right, there's nothing you guys can do now but try and dig out of the hole that didn't really need to be there. Good luck. Also, it wasn't just people saying something in passing, so now they're saying "I told you so". There were full on WARNINGS everywhere you looked in the financial sector among all the experts and also on every business channel on television, at least there was here in the US. So for some to say that they didn't see this coming is nonsense, it was as dire a warning as I've ever seen. Oh well, it's done anyway. Good luck.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Made me laugh when I saw someone saying that they didn't think their vote would count and another silly person saying that they voted leave, thinking that it wouldn't mean we would leave the EU.

There are now over 1 million signatures to call for another referendum. The way this whole debacle has been handled is a joke but it is not impossible to recover from. It's all about careful planning and calm decision making now.

And thank goodness they banned Farage from being part of the negotiations. I don't think the man even knows how to change a lightbulb, let alone be responsible for any dealings with other humans.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Made me laugh when I saw someone saying that they didn't think their vote would count and another silly person saying that they voted leave, thinking that it wouldn't mean we would leave the EU.

There are now over 1 million signatures to call for another referendum. The way this whole debacle has been handled is a joke but it is not impossible to recover from. It's all about careful planning and calm decision making now.

And thank goodness they banned Farage from being part of the negotiations. I don't think the man even knows how to change a lightbulb, let alone be responsible for any dealings with other humans.
It's unbelievable, this morning on MSNBC there was an American reporter they sent over asking every Brit she came across if they regret their vote and you wouldn't believe how many are saying yes. Three different people said that they voted for leave because they thought there was no chance of it actually happening, what the f***? I don't understand the logic in that at all, you thought for certain what you actually wanted to happen would happen anyway so you voted the other way? WHAT THE F***???????? Just vote for what you want, the world isn't a game. What the f*** is wrong with these people?

I just had a thought, how many Americans do you think I can trick in to believing that Brexit is the name of one of Sarah Palin's kids?
It's so funny, what you just said reminded me of something I saw last night. They were asking people in Texas what they think Brexit is and none of them knew, at least from the people that were asked. I died laughing when one of them said in the most southern accent I've ever heard, " yeah that's that there laxative in the supermarket ain't it?". Oh my God, we're all doomed by the morons that surround us. Oh yeah, he was wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat. This country is one President away from an Ameriexit, can you guess the President?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Hard to say at this point, as someone who is pretty nationalist myself, I can't exactly say I blame the leavers. One thing about cultural mixing that I think no one is willing to admit is that it takes a while.. with a lot of the mixing of culture in the EU, they pretty much ... sprung it... for the lack of a better word. As a result.. people would be bound to feel less like it was cultural mixing, and more like one had to go and one had to stay.
No s***, she actually looks Presidential compared to Trump. How f***ed up is that?
I'm just gonna say it... I wouldn't mind trump as president (Would prefer someone a bit more libertarian though) ... considering a lot of the more controversial stuff he's said was pretty much just to get the camera on him... not to mention... Hilary just... bugs me with how much corruption she tries to cover up by calling her critics sexist

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Didn't read all of the thread but as someone far far away from both UK and the Brexit debate and concerns it brings, I'd say "Well done Britain!"

UK is a country I admire in many ways and I'm somewhat interested in it's political affairs. I know this may sound rough EU has been a sinking ship for a few decades now. The poor money management of not just Greece; but most of the Balkan countries pushed EU's economy to a halt. I would even go as far as to say that Germany, France and UK are babysitting the whole Union, giving them their teat when they ask for milk. The irony is the fact that EU is allowing this behavior and has been doing it since early 80's.

Not just that; but free immigration and the refugee crisis is also a huge issue. I'm not trying to be racist since I'm not even in a white dominated country myself and I don't know the situation on other countries; but in UK, there are many people unemployed from every demographic and the numbers just keep increasing. Not only that, but welfare policies for both refugees and immigrated people choke UK's somewhat damaged economy to further decline.

Add Brussels' tendency to force laws for UK and abolition on Sterlin to this equation and you have a country in a highly restricted situation.

Now I'm not saying it's the morally right thing to do, but UK has certainly a right to exit EU and I'm glad they voted this way. There isn't anything significant(aside from free travel and research funding) that UK losts from this deal and leaving allows UK to keep it's sovereignty both economically and nationally. UK also can stay in EFTA and do it's business with EU like it was yesterday without being a member so there are no economical losts.

And also with Cameron out of the way, I guess British people can take a deep breath of clean air. Now if they only fix their voting system...

The whole affair doesn't affect my life nor my country but while I appreciate UK's decision, I feel sad about the situation. You see, I admire UK. It was a country I wanted to spend a portion of my life, maybe some years. I wanted to study there, work there if possible and now while not necessarily impossible, it's gonna be a lot harder now.

So a huge "Yay!" for you guys but I'm gonna grieve, for my dreams got more distant now.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Hard to say at this point, as someone who is pretty nationalist myself, I can't exactly say I blame the leavers. One thing about cultural mixing that I think no one is willing to admit is that it takes a while.. with a lot of the mixing of culture in the EU, they pretty much ... sprung it... for the lack of a better word. As a result.. people would be bound to feel less like it was cultural mixing, and more like one had to go and one had to stay.

I'm just gonna say it... I wouldn't mind trump as president (Would prefer someone a bit more libertarian though) ... considering a lot of the more controversial stuff he's said was pretty much just to get the camera on him... not to mention... Hilary just... bugs me with how much corruption she tries to cover up by calling her critics sexist
Wow...Trump as President...wow...I'm done.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Voting for Trump because you don't like the way your government is run is like filling your gas tank with diarrhea because your car is sputtering.
Yeah...I have no words for that. Maybe they just want the US economy to be in ruin under Trump now that Britain is on it's way to financial ruin probably under the British Trump. Luckily, the majority of Americans aren't that stupid.
CLv-5wTWIAE83Dj_750x410.jpg

Last edited:

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
I'm just gonna say it... I wouldn't mind trump as president
Do you still want Trump as President?
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ing-black-woman-trump-rally-article-1.2550304

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mass-casualty-stabbings-nazi-rally-sacramento-california/

The piece of s*** Nazi in the story from today was the piece of s*** pushing the black girl at that Trump rally. KKK and Nazi and white power groups support Trump. I wonder why. F*** Trump and his racist supporters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom