• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What DmC should be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Demons = the same?
Just because they are demons the scenarios will be same due to what?

Someone who's inventive would be a person able to go further with one idea without tearing it out over someone who just skips between several basic ideas.

Yeah, Dante care. In lore, he cares. He's a "Demon Hunter". He kills demons and humans who oftenly tries to get the power of demons or trying to realease demons. It's all demons, everything. You don't change what makes DMC what it is. You delve deeper into it.

"Why should Dante fight mythological creatures? Maybe he should be in the vietnam war, using only guns for once. They should change the whole "fictional" nature and make a mature and realistic game instead. No more demons, no more swords or strange weapons but instead a fight against the vietnamese in a real historical event with only guns. That sounds like something that would make the series alot better imo."
Yes, a radical example, but I make it radical only for you to see what I mean.

Sorry, I was unclear. I just meant to have demons as antagonists that have different motivations than the ones we've seen before. Like having a race of demons that were civilized and not inherently evil, not hating humans because we are different or weak but because we are destroying our environment and need to be stopped before we send our world to a early grave. That is different and more interesting than seeing Dante stop cannon fodder for some old dude who wants to be a god.

I'm not saying ignore demons, I'm just confused on why Dante can't fight both.

You could have demons masquerade as mythological Gods just to fool us and have Dante fight them or have Him fight a japanese demon. Last time I checked they still count as demons just based on Japanese view of demon.

I get what you mean but that doesn't relate to mine since I'm not asking you to change anything big I'm just asking you to open a wider net to con sider enemies as much.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Dante is a Devil Hunter, Devil May Cry is a series about hunting demons . a game about killing something other than demons wouldn't be Devil May Cry.

you do not have to completely ignore everything the series is about to come up with a new story (the past three games have been basically the same because Capcom does not know what to do with the story not because it is somehow difficult to write more than two stories about demons)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dante is a Devil Hunter, Devil May Cry is a series about hunting demons . a game about killing something other than demons wouldn't be Devil May Cry.

you do not have to completely ignore everything the series is about to come up with a new story (the past three games have been basically the same because Capcom does not know what to do with the story not because it is somehow difficult to write more than two stories about demons)

Sanctus was not a demon before his ascension, yet Dante killed him.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ Sanctus was a demon-worshipper who was trying to release demons into the world...

I get your point. But if Dante fights all things demonic, it could mean that he sometimes would have to fight non-demonic things that are affiliated with demons. Say a demon makes a bunch of robots, naturally Dante would have to fight the robots to get to the demon. That's just an example, though.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
as long as the game stays supernatural and there is nothing sci-fi in there (ie: robots, aliens, etc.) then i'm ok....witches, demon-worshippers, spirits of vengeance what have you, i'm ok with...but it has to remain in that realm of though...and nothing too far-fetched...ninjas who are also warlocks trying to summon demons so that they can take over the world with three-headed unicorns while enjoying a nice lemonade.....u get the point

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well, it depends on how scifi you want to go .

I would like them to avoid becoming like mainstream marvel or dc where mythological gods are mingling with aliens . For me, you can't have both coexist, it's either one or the other.

I think for the series it should be mainly supernatural with some sci-fi leanings. He should not be fighting aliens or jumping to other planets. Keep it mostly earth based, fighting demons or other creatures. I'm cool with him going to other dimensions because he did that already in the second light novel. You can use scientific terms to quantify supernatural beings like saying a ghost is a telepathic discharge of the brain upon death. IM ok with robots as long as demons don't make em and they are somewhat low tech at first.

This Thread will be about what you think the New DmC should be about.

Personally and i know most of you will hate me for saying this but perhaps the Next Devil may cry should not about Dante, we have all had many great adventures with the red half devil half human hunter but Devil may cry is a big world, you cant tell me Dante is the only bad ass Demon hunter out there and Nero doesnt count, he was practically the same as dante.

Why cant the new character be a powerful Magician, or a fallen angel searching for redemption, game developers are so afraid of taking any major strides these days because theyre so afraid of loosing money.

If they are so intent on making a prequel they should go all the way back to sparda and his rebellion against the demon World, That would be EPIC!!!.
One game with Sparda would be awesome, but I don't agree with the idea of another game with another demon hunter.
Increasing number of plotholes is not the thing Capcom (NT) needs right now.
If they stick with the reboot for a while they could actually come up with a good continuation of a canon and eventually fill in those plotholes.

Kammosjuttu

One game with Sparda would be awesome, but I don't agree with the idea of another game with another demon hunter.
Increasing number of plotholes is not the thing Capcom (NT) needs right now.
If they stick with the reboot for a while they could actually come up with a good continuation of a canon and eventually fill in those plotholes.

I can agree to this.

One game would be interesting to see about Sparda, but more than that would be forced and unnecessary. It would be great if they picked up such a timeline, that the players would also see the sons of Sparda when they are young. The only sad thing would probably be it that when you reach the end of the game, the family breaks down when Eva dies and Sparda and the sons disappear each on their own ways and everything is oh-so-horrible. But it could be filled with hope, too. A bit like Final Fantasy Crisis Core; the character you play as dies, but there is still something in it.
As for it that if players would be introduced to another devil hunter to play as, I'd say a strict "no". I wouldn't like that...

If they kept going with the reboot for a while, it could be very rewarding, and that is an idea that I fancy. Which means, that if the DmC will be as good as I wish it to be, then I wouldn't mind getting a sequel to it.

SonOfVergil

I think that there will be a sequel for it. Mainly because Ninja Theory knows that fans will get upset without Vergil or any of the other main characters having some kind of appearance, and I doubt that they will all fit into one game.

SonOfVergil

But if it stays the way it is right now, it would be no fun. They aren't done with the game, so there would be tons of bugs and glitches.

Asmodaius

DmC is what it is... I don't think anyone here is qualified to decide what it should be. It's not up to us, the fans, to decide what it should be like - it's the developers' choice. We, as fans, can then take it for what it is and either accept it or not.

Some companies cater to their fans, yet they will still leave many fans unhappy. Why? Because there is no way to satisfy everyone for that one simple reason that we are all different from one another and want different things from a game.

This game, DmC, is obviously NOT a game that caters to the fans, but a project of Capcom's to see what they can do with a beloved game series. What they wish to achieve with this, I don't know. But I do know, and I bet Capcom knew this as well, is that it was a huge risk to take. An unnecessary risk, some (many) would argue, but none the less they did so. And it is theirs to do so.

If people didn't take any risks and just stuck with what they know and feel safe about, then there would be no changes made in the world and we wouldn't discover new things. We would, for the lack of a better word, be stuck in a rut. Some people like that, some people prefer to have everything stay the same... But obviously, Capcom don't. So they decided to do something drastic this time.

When the game has come out and everything is revealed about it, then you can ask this question again, and people would be better equipped to answer it, to express their own personal opinion about this very topic. But as we stand now, I don't think anyone here is qualified to decide what it should be.

SonOfVergil

I really don't care what it should be. I'll take it as it is, mainly because it is a Devil May Cry game and it is made by Capcom and Ninja Theory. I was only being a smartass, lol. I'm more interested in what it could be and what I wish it to be.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
It should be easy to play and difficult to master. It should be fun to play. It should be beautiful in a grotesque kind of way. It should have stylish combat, which makes you feel like its Dante. It should have a good story. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom