• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What did Tameem do to make everyone hate him?

IncarnatedDemon

Depicting Dante's sex life is not the same as sexualization.

Like...at all. Sexualization would be like the majority of Bayonetta's content. Sexualization is meant to arouse (pun intended) a specific reaction in viewers for the purpose of provocative sexuality.

Dante takes home some ladies for a night of promiscuous fun, which shows his hedonistic nature. Bayonetta does...so many things with a heavy sexual overtone that pretty much just incites amorousness. And...absurdity. So much absurdity >_<

Look, if Dane was supposed to be sexualized to make people like him, wouldn't all his sexual exploits been depicted in a very different light? Wouldn't the game have had more advertisement of his character based around his sex life? If I was going to sexualize a character and want them to be seen as such, that is exactly what I would have done. "Sex sells," as they say, but sex is certainly not what DmC was selling...
roflbot.jpg

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
You are going off the invalid logic of excusing valid criticism because a similar act was committed by someone who was similar.

That's the thing though...Tameem's response was of the same tune to the comment that sparked his response - "It's too easy to stay in the air! Fix this sh!t." They criticized something that was working just as it was supposed to, and someone was unduly criticizing a feature because it didn't work like a previous feature they knew about.

You're arguing about something that isn't even correct :/

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

...Yeahp...that's exactly what I was talking about.

Oh wait, no it wasn't.

What is this image supposed to prove? You just took a comical scene out of context and said it was sexualization. He answers a door naked because he's hungover, and then he freefalls into his clothes! The fact that both characters make no mention of is nudity is rather telling to how not about sex the whole scene is...

This is what constitutes sexualization to you people? Damn, you live some sheltered lives, or you're really bad trolls...

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
I... never said it wasn't?

Something like this.

I don't think (really now) that Rayl was saying what he said in a mean spirit. Even though people do somehow use that "squirrel" thing to criticize the game. SOMEHOW.
But the thing is, like Dante's dialogue with Poison, that was not supposed to be taken seriously. Unlike what some people say, the game does allow itself a lot of silliness at some moments

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Something like this.

I don't think (really now) that Rayl was saying what he said in a mean spirit. Even though people do somehow use that "squirrel" thing to criticize the game. SOMEHOW.
But the thing is, like Dante's dialogue with Poison, that was not supposed to be taken seriously. Unlike what some people say, the game does allow itself a lot of silliness at some moments

You know, just like... The old series did.
OMG

NostalgicRobotX

That's the thing though...Tameem's response was of the same tune to the comment that sparked his response - "It's too easy to stay in the air! Fix this sh!t." They criticized something that was working just as it was supposed to, and someone was unduly criticizing a feature because it didn't work like a previous feature they knew about.

You're arguing about something that isn't even correct :/
You have misunderstood me, partly due to my failure to expand upon all points. I am arguing about the relation to Kamiya, and I think it's a largely irrelevant comparison. Tameem's comment, was still inappropriate from a PR standpoint, and I stand by this viewpoint. I was unable to find a definitive source in the first place regarding the twitter comment, I think he might have shut down his twitter or changed the URL, either way, I was not able to validate it myself, which I why I retrained that it was purely in the context of the quote, and could be entirely misrepresentation of the actual truth, apparently this is the case if you are to be believed. If you are able to find a source on the actual statement I would kindly take it, as I can't seem to find his twitter at all.

Do not misrepresent my intentions, I hold no negative or positive feelings for Tameem, I was merely pointing out that perhaps the criticism involved with him was not entirely unjustified. I do feel that Tameem could have handled his statements much better, and in future projects he should possibly outsource it to someone else entirely.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Something like this.

Yeah...some of the silliest complaints ever. "OMG! Kat gathers squirrel semen! GWOSS! HOW IS THIS OKAY?!"

How is it okay...? It's...a joke...about the oddball constituents in witchcraft.

And I always love the immediate jump to "KAT JACKS OFF SQUIRRELS!" Nah man...she buys that sh!t wholesale, by the box-load.

Just goes to show how some people like to view the game to be angry at it - The game is supposed to be super-serious and "shakespearean" whenever it's about a lighthearted scene, and when a scene is serious, it's not supposed to be about the story at all, it's about the gameplay not being like DMC! But then when the gameplay is like DMC's, then it's not a carbon copy of the old games and then I say go play the old games and leave me alone.

Frantix

The comparison is most undoubtedly irrelevant. You are making tu quoque and setting unrealistic and unrelated goalposts for Tameem as well as Kamiya. You are going off the invalid logic of excusing valid criticism because a similar act was committed by someone who was similar; I would also heavily argue against their relation in the first place, Kamiya hasn't had any relation to the DMC franchise since 2001, he is from a different country, has a different fan-base, and is in a different position in management. Do not send loaded questions to me and expect any form of realistic response. I also get the impression that you believe Kamiya hasn't received any negative feedback for his statements, and needless to say, you are beyond wrong.

1. You already set the goalposts yourself when you said that Antoniades should've acted to hire standard. So don't try to throw this back at me. I was merely making parallels between the two. I'm not saying either of them are same, or that they should be compared accurately, but there are comparisons to be made.

2. He didn't excuse valid criticism, he was just commenting on how silly it made you look if you kept doing. Honestly, you can do stupid stuff in every game. It's just another case of some guy looking for stuff to criticize, and he shot him down. That's all there is to it.

3. You're wrong on this one, friend. Kamiya, to this day, is constantly getting asked about DMC and DmC on his twitter account. It's gotten to the point where he was telling people who wanted validation for their hatred of the game to **** off. He's constantly getting harassed by DMC fans too. He was the series creator, and people are looking to him for validation. This was the only real time he talked about DmC. Also I do think, and know, that he's gotten negative feedback for his twitter remarks. Inaba from PG (his boss) yelled at him after a spat he had with a western fan, and he had to tone back his responses. I'm just assumed by how many of these same fans who antagonize Antoniades love Kamiya for treating his own fans negatively. I asked one guy why that was, and all he could say was that he "earned the right to do so".

And here's a thread for you to look through. It's a collection Kamiya's greatest hits.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409960

You bring up PR from Antoniades, I bring PR from Kamiya. They made the same type of games, and they both have the attention of a particular fan base. It's a valid comparison to make. I can tell we aren't gonna agree on this one, so maybe we should just let this go.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
You have misunderstood me, partly due to my failure to expand upon all points. I am arguing about the relation to Kamiya, and I think it's a largely irrelevant comparison. Tameem's comment, was still inappropriate from a PR standpoint, and I stand by this viewpoint. I was unable to find a definitive source in the first place regarding the twitter comment, I think he might have shut down his twitter or changed the URL, either way, I was not able to validate it myself, which I why I retrained that it was purely in the context of the quote, and could be entirely misrepresentation of the actual truth, apparently this is the case if you are to be believed. If you are able to find a source on the actual statement I would kindly take it, as I can't seem to find his twitter at all.

Do not misrepresent my intentions, I hold no negative or positive feelings for Tameem, I was merely pointing out that perhaps the criticism involved with him was not entirely unjustified. I do feel that Tameem could have handled his statements much better, and in future projects he should possibly outsource it to someone else entirely.

Yeah, I used to link to his twitter all the time. I read it for updates, and use info from it for a knowledge primer I made about DmC before it had released. All I have is my word now, unfortunately, which I know means zilch on the in'ersniff, but I vividly remember that exchange, because at the time many detractors liked to use it as evidence that he didn't care and was abusive to the fans, even though his tweet was a response to someone being quite asinine, criticizing a feature that worked as it should because it didn't work the way they wanted it to, and called it something broken that should be fixed.

In the end, Tameem may have said a view things that worked against him, but at the same time there were many who simply distorted his words to take offense and make the PR seem worse.

Plus, after seeing the sh!t that guy went through, I can understand why he sometimes acted the way he did. Having worked in customer service for nearly a decade, I subscribe to the belief of not being respectful of a person just because they're a potential customer - if they act like a little sh!t, they're going to get the same in return after a while. The customer is certainly not always right.

And with much of the criticism that Tameem had an uncaring attitude toward in the months after the game's original announcement, it's difficult to care when people were criticizing him for things they knew nothing about. The rumors that ran rampant were many, and the people who foolishly believed them were even more. People criticized over things they lacked context for. It's like the idea of people criticizing DmC for having Vergil be a protagonist, crying that "He's supposed to be a villain!" when they most certainly didn't have all the information. In the end, look who turned into an antagonist :p

Tameem has gotten way too much vitriol aimed directly at him, how can anyone say the things he did weren't at least vaguely justified. People were attacking him for doing his job! And it's not like he was like...a cigarette marketer, or a dude who worked at a slaughter house, he makes video games.

AlchemistFromEden

Yeah, I used to link to his twitter all the time. I read it for updates, and use info from it for a knowledge primer I made about DmC before it had released. All I have is my word now, unfortunately, which I know means zilch on the in'ersniff, but I vividly remember that exchange, because at the time many detractors liked to use it as evidence that he didn't care and was abusive to the fans, even though his tweet was a response to someone being quite asinine, criticizing a feature that worked as it should because it didn't work the way they wanted it to, and called it something broken that should be fixed.

In the end, Tameem may have said a view things that worked against him, but at the same time there were many who simply distorted his words to take offense and make the PR seem worse.

Plus, after seeing the sh!t that guy went through, I can understand why he sometimes acted the way he did. Having worked in customer service for nearly a decade, I subscribe to the belief of not being respectful of a person just because they're a potential customer - if they act like a little sh!t, they're going to get the same in return after a while. The customer is certainly not always right.

And with much of the criticism that Tameem had an uncaring attitude toward in the months after the game's original announcement, it's difficult to care when people were criticizing him for things they knew nothing about. The rumors that ran rampant were many, and the people who foolishly believed them were even more. People criticized over things they lacked context for. It's like the idea of people criticizing DmC for having Vergil be a protagonist, crying that "He's supposed to be a villain!" when they most certainly didn't have all the information. In the end, look who turned into an antagonist :p

Tameem has gotten way too much vitriol aimed directly at him, how can anyone say the things he did weren't at least vaguely justified. People were attacking him for doing his job! And it's not like he was like...a cigarette marketer, or a dude who worked at a slaughter house, he makes video games.
remember when video games were able to ENTERTAIN people, this era of entitlement needs to end really quickly, seriously, we live in a world where people call clicking on a link to go watch a video too much busy work, it really gives the generation a bad name, when developers put jokes in their game, like the ben franklin sex speech in AC3 or the white wig scene in DmC we need less entitled idiots who react like this
angry_gamer21.jpg

and more reactions like this which are intended in the first place
OH_YOU.jpg

NostalgicRobotX

1. You already set the goalposts yourself when you said that Antoniades should've acted to hire standard. So don't try to throw this back at me. I was merely making parallels between the two. I'm not saying either of them are same, or that they should be compared accurately, but there are comparisons to be made.
I set no goalposts, and I have made no exceptions, Tameem should have acted to a higher standard if his intention was not to be criticized for what he commented on. It comes down to me simply addressing common complains for at least an accurate representation from the people that apparently "hate" Tameem, this was directed at the OP entirely, not to argue about what is and isn't taboo. People were offended by his comments and actions, and that's what it comes down to, no goalposts have been set. I will not argue that Kamiya is better or worse than Tameem because it's not fair to either of them or relevant.

2. He didn't excuse valid criticism, he was just commenting on how silly it made you look if you kept doing. Honestly, you can do stupid stuff in every game. It's just another case of some guy looking for stuff to criticize, and he shot him down. That's all there is to it.
Out of context on two fronts, this was me criticizing you for setting goalposts for PR. The best accurate comparison is "This guys isn't bad, because this guy is just as bad if not worse." Once again, I would be glad to talk about how Kamiya is a terrible PR, and although not hated as much as Tameem, makes simple mistakes that are just as stupid.

The statement was most likely out of context, but we have no way of confirming or denying the statements validity, unless you personally have a reliable source, all I can find is images at the moment and they could easily be made with a simple html injection. From a personal standpoint, he has every right to defend himself, but he also represented a product and set himself up originally for calling out either fans or criticism. (I honestly can not tell, from one angle it looked like he said he doesn't care about anything, but from the other hand it can easily have been appeal to people who shout unfair criticism)

3. You're wrong on this one, friend. Kamiya, to this day, is constantly getting asked about DMC and DmC on his twitter account. It's gotten to the point where he was telling people who wanted validation for their hatred of the game to **** off. He's constantly getting harassed by DMC fans too. He was the series creator, and people are looking to him for validation. This was the only real time he talked about DmC. Also I do think, and know, that he's gotten negative feedback for his twitter remarks. Inaba from PG (his boss) yelled at him after a spat he had with a western fan, and he had to tone back his responses. I'm just assumed by how many of these same fans who antagonize Antoniades love Kamiya for treating his own fans negatively. I asked one guy why that was, and all he could say was that he "earned the right to do so".

And here's a thread for you to look through. It's a collection Kamiya's greatest hits.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409960

You bring up PR from Antoniades, I bring PR from Kamiya. They made the same type of games, and they both have the attention of a particular fan base. It's a valid comparison to make. I can tell we aren't gonna agree on this one, so maybe we should just let this go.

Just because Kamiya gets asked about DMC and DmC on twitter, does not mean he has any influence or direct relation to the series, they are external relationships created by a third party. I also am perfectly aware that Kamiya has been a prick to his fanbase, no link necessary, I also fail to understand what you hope to accomplish with it in the first place. There would be no reason to change my viewpoint on Tameem if my viewpoint on Kamiya changed, I do not scale and set my goalposts, you shouldn't either.

I have an open mind, and am easily influenced with something that makes sense, no need to just let it go, as long as both parties are willing to a change of thought than productive debate can't bring any harm.

Top Bottom