• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Well, now we have 5 playable characters

berto

I Saw the Devil
UUummmmmm......

This doesn't seem like it needs a whole thread. It could go in to one of the other two large threads already going....

I'll leave it if it picks up traffic but it's kind of a passing comment more than a whole topic.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
UUummmmmm......

This doesn't seem like it needs a whole thread. It could go in to one of the other two large threads already going....

I'll leave it if it picks up traffic but it's kind of a passing comment more than a whole topic.

I can see what you mean. But if I recall correctly, back when we had DmC DE announced we pretty much had two or three threads that told us about it. Except most just stuck to the same thread which grew the most and became the main thread eventually. I'm going to say that we'd see this a lot. So yeah, these types of threads may seem like they don't really need to belong what with all the others already. But it's just a case of whether it gains enough activity or generates much of a point to ultimately need to separate itself apart.

Goldsickle

I thought it was weird how Trish and Lady are not only featured prominently in promotional images but they had intricate character designs, like they were really important to the story.

I was surprised when I played the game and found out that they're just support characters who appeared in a few cutscenes.

I hope their inclusion in DMC4 SE isn't just choosing different characters in existing stages but they have their own storyline.

I can imagine Lady's Kalina Ann functioning similar to Nero's Snatch, using the Grapple maneuver.
Maybe Lady is used to play in Nero's stages (using Grapple to propel herself along Grim Grips), while Trish is used to play in Dante's stages.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Maybe Lady is used to play in Nero's stages (using Grapple to propel herself along Grim Grips), while Trish is used to play in Dante's stages.

It's not a maybe, it's what is gonna happen. Have a look at the temporary change log, somewhere in the ocean of links this forum has seen since yesterday xD

Viper

Premium
I thought it was weird how Trish and Lady are not only featured prominently in promotional images but they had intricate character designs, like they were really important to the story.

I was surprised when I played the game and found out that they're just support characters who appeared in a few cutscenes.

I hope their inclusion in DMC4 SE isn't just choosing different characters in existing stages but they have their own storyline.

I can imagine Lady's Kalina Ann functioning similar to Nero's Snatch, using the Grapple maneuver.
So you don't have to dive into that ocean of everything, here the link to article with a nice list of everything we know so far. You'll see they had similar opinion regarding Lady on Nero's levels.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama...clude-five-playable-characters-other-features

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
so is it possible to have PVP or COOP on bloody palace.
thoughts?

I don't think PvP would happen just because it would need really good matchmaking. Experienced players would probably just play Dante and against new players they would only use Royal Guard which would be really frustrating for the newbie player and could quickly make him despise the game. It could be fixed but the characters would need a ton of changing for the PvP mode. Maybe in a future sequel?

Co-op though would be really nice to see and it wouldn't need any balance changing except for the amount and types of enemies in Bloody Palace. It has been implemented in Bayonetta 2 (Tag Climax) and was really fun to play especially with the exclusive bossfights for the mode. Being able to bet Red Orbs or Proud Souls like in Bayonetta would be amazing. It kept you really engaged when you knew that for winning you would get a great reward and it also increased the difficulty depending on how many halos you bet.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Both of them were quite important and quite active in DMC4, but we only could see that on DMC4 novel.

Top Bottom