• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapons Plotholes

Status
Not open for further replies.

KojiDude

Why is it that in every DMC game, the weapons from the previous one disapear for no reason?

Why does Dante use Rebellion in DMC3 and DMC2, but in 1 he uses the far weaker and DT-less Force Edge?

If the FE fuses with the Perfect Amulet (hence why you lose it in your inventory) to become Sparda, why can you still use ForceEdge? And how does Dante place both Sparda and the Amulet with Trish?

How can Dante&Vergil DT with Yamato and Rebellion? Were they demons too at one time? If not, why can't they DT with Force Edge?

Not really a plothole, but why does Vendetta's description say it resembles Death's Scythe, when it looks absolutley nothing like a scythe?

What happens to Yamato when Vergil becomes Nelo?

UltDeadpool

Merc with a Mouth
You bring up some good points. And honestly, I don't know if I could even try to answer any of them.

But then there's still more problems with Force Edge. I could ask why it didn't become the Sparda sword when Arkham combines the amulets with it, but people could say because he doesn't have Sparda's blood.
But then that raises the question on how Arkham was able to use any of Sparda's power. Trish had the complete Sparda sword and wasn't able to use it's power.
And to top it all off, how was Arkham able to DT into Sparda's form?

KojiDude

Good point. We should E-mail a link to all the plothole threads we have here to Capcom or something, lol. They might make a public announcement that they have no idea what they're doing

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Nice questions. I expect that unless we ask Capcom directly, everything on this thread is going to be speculative. The easiest one to answer would be why the amulet disappears from your inventory, he gives it to Trish whilst she's apparantly dead but why can you still use the force edge? I haven't a clue, My bet is it's just a throw in. Also you can equip either the force edge or Sparda when you've got both so they just thought to take out the sword of most power and range, if you see where I'm coming from. It's true that the vendetta looks nothing like a death scythe. Must mean about the engraving or something. I don't know.:wacko:

Dark Elf

Dagger user
I think that Dante can switch between Force Edge and Sparda like he can be either a demon or a human.

Ether101

Seeker of Pi
KojiDude;15247 said:
Why is it that in every DMC game, the weapons from the previous one disapear for no reason?
This is not a plothole, just because he(Dante) has them doesn't mein he has to use them.

KojiDude;15247 said:
Why does Dante use Rebellion in DMC3 and DMC2, but in 1 he uses the far weaker and DT-less Force Edge?
Because he whants to. DT is some thing Dante does not the Devil Arms.

KojiDude;15247 said:
If the FE fuses with the Perfect Amulet (hence why you lose it in your inventory) to become Sparda, why can you still use ForceEdge? And how does Dante place both Sparda and the Amulet with Trish?
Well in all likeliness the "Perfect Amulet" whint in did what it had to and came back out. You see the amulet was never part of the Sparda.

KojiDude;15247 said:
How can Dante&Vergil DT with Yamato and Rebellion? Were they demons too at one time? If not, why can't they DT with Force Edge?
Yamato & Rebellion are to Vergil & Dante as Force Edge is to Sparda(the person not the sword). Think of them like they are zanpakutou, if that helps. The whole no DT with FE is a game play element nothing more.

KojiDude;15247 said:
Not really a plothole, but why does Vendetta's description say it resembles Death's Scythe, when it looks absolutley nothing like a scythe?
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah don't know(doesn't whant to play the game right now:p).

KojiDude;15247 said:
What happens to Yamato when Vergil becomes Nelo?
Well in Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening: Special Edition when Corrupt Vergil transformes into Nelo it it becomes that big sword what's it's name. Pi :ninja: :pirate:

KojiDude

Actually the Devil Trigger is soemthing that Dante can only do because of the Devil Arm. FE isn't really a Devil Arm because it was never a demon, niether were Rebellion and Yamato (aperently), yet they can still give D&V acess to DT.

Edge

Carver of Demons
I always thought that Dante and Vergil could use Devil Trigger simply because they were half-demons. >_>

But I agree about the Devil Arm thing. Force Edge isn't a devil arm - it was merely a sword. And I think the explanation for why Arkham could transform into Sparda's form was because the amulets that Dante and Vergil had were, possibly, a part of Sparda's power. Note that in DMC2, the amulet (I don't remember what it was actually called, or if it was called anything) was required for DT, and the DT form there looks vaguely similar to the Sparda DT. Sort of a mix between Dante's Rebellion DT and Sparda's demon form, if you look.

I'm done rambling now.

well one thing i kno for a fact is that the devil trigger is not caused by the devil arm. the devil arm gives the devil trigger an attribute. if you read the comic dante can go into dt whenever he gets angry(in the comic). as for the weapons...dante does have a collection of weapons on his wall....maybe he selects which one he wants to use. idk but thats how i see it

hamshanks

Apprentice of Doom
DT is something that both parties contribute to. if i had, say, cerberus, i wouldnt be able to DT, and if dante (in 1 and 3) had a regular sword, he wouldnt be able to DT (going by the games not the comic). however, in 2, dante found his own form of DT, every weapon is the same DT. so yes he can go into DT because he is a half-demon, and yes he can go into DT because of the devil arm, but only this combination will allow someone to DT.

Arkham killed his wife and became demonish (because he was so evil), this is why he was able to DT with sparda, he was demonish, and he was using a devil arm

and the other plotholes, well i dont feel like typing anymore cuz im really lazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom