• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

We wont have Madden's PS3 problems, says 2K

Dark Drakan

Admin
After all the bad press and comments about the PS3 version of Madden 08's stuttering and framerate problems 2k have said that their NBA 2K8 wont have the same issues. 2K Sports PR Manager had this to say:

Anthony Chau said:
Our [PS3 version] does run at 60fps, in response to Madden 08's less smooth framerate on PS3. I can safely say that NBA 2K will run at 60fps on PS3 and Xbox 360.

USA Today made the most prominent complaints on the issues with Madden 08:

USA Today said:
Action stutters far too often, particularly on injuries, penalties and turnovers. There's also a half-second delay between pressing the hike button and receiving the ball in your hands. Even close-ups between play look dull when lined up against the 360's sleeker cut scenes.

EA's official press release 'excuse' was:

EA said:
Many publishers have been developing titles for the Xbox 360 for over 3 1/2 years while everyone who publishes now for the PlayStation 3 with the exception of Sony has been developing for the PlayStation 3 for only a little over one full year.

2k Games seem to agree:

2k Games said:
It's pretty tough on PS3 but I think it's because most developers have had the Xbox 360 longer in terms of development than the PS3.

Read Whole Article Here:

We wont have Madden's PS3 problems, says 2K - CVG.com

Dark Drakan

Admin
KoRn_Dowwg666;49915 said:
I am sure this framerate problem won't affect the PS2 console, right?

As far as im aware they have different branches of the companies working on the PS2 one than the PS3 and Xbox 360 one. So i highly doubt the PS2 will have a problem.

Top Bottom