• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

We did Nero/Nelo Angelo's honor come from?

IncarnatedDemon

If you ignore novel and take Dante's word: then Vergil was honorable.

That is...Original Vergil.

DMC 3 vergil = a version of Vergil by a different person/crew
This Vergil wasnt honorable.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Class and honor are two different things.

You seem to fixate on how he treated Dante, but forget all the other things he did.

-He tryed out his new devil arms on a dead demon courpse just because he felt like it.
I can't argue there it was pretty cruel
-He went against his code to use guns. (Though it wasn't a code, it was just his pompous beliefs of not using guns)
Recently I've been rethinking about how I see Vergil imo I think if Vergil had the choice he wouldn't use guns because he would rather fight someone head on then at a distance but he knows how to use a gun
-He was selfish and only wanted power even if that meant killing off humans.
He seemed pretty neutral when it came to humans he was willing to put up with Arkham for who knows how long and was pretty tolerant to Lady when she was trying to kill him, when the demons came out of the teminigru yeah he wasn't really concerned for the humans safety but neither was Dante
-He butchered a bunch of thugs in an alleyway in the DMC3 manga.
Yeah, It was pretty much overkill and again I can't argue with that but he did decide not to kill Enzo when he was drunk
-He isn't very chilvery since he straight up calls Alice in the manga a whore.
But she was...he was more blunt on that note and Alice was pretty annoying as a character and served really no purpose in the manga

There are many words to discribe Vergil. Honorable is definitely not one of them.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Okay people we gotta understand that Vergil never killed an innocent.. and never relied on dirty tricks

Vergil's not honorable.

1. Stab unarmed or downed opponents.
He did that to stop dante temporarily there was no other way
2. Beat on corpses.
If someone insulted my father and called me a piece of $h!t then i'd do the same
3. Try to kill their brother once, much less 3 times.
Vergil never tried to "Kill" dante until the very end
4.incite apocoli
What ?

ZeroLove

Okay people we gotta understand that Vergil never killed an innocent.. and never relied on dirty tricks

He did that to stop dante temporarily there was no other way
If someone insulted my father and called me a piece of $h!t then i'd do the same
Vergil never tried to "Kill" dante until the very end What ?

Bad excuses which neither are acceptable. Vergil is simply not honourable.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Apocoli is the plural of apocalypse.

And Guilty with a good excuse is still guilty. To me Vergil is like (voice gets filled with hate) Griffith.

Both claim to be something theuy're not, but their actionsd contradict them.

Also, **** Griffith. (I literrally can't metion that bishonen bastard without saying that.)

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Apocoli is the plural of apocalypse.
And Guilty with a good excuse is still guilty. .
Well he was after all the Antagonist of DMC3 and he didn't give 2 craps about anyone else but himself but he did have some pride in himself its just that his actions are messed up to a certain degree

Top Bottom