• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

We did Nero/Nelo Angelo's honor come from?

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4

I was watching one of my vids and Dante said "A man with guts and honor"

If you look at the DMC1 Novel or DMC3, where was the honor?

I don't consider him having "honor" in DMC3 and he was crazy in the DMC1 novel.

berto

I Saw the Devil
He stands in front of Dante, draws his sword, and makes his intentions know, like a warrior does before another, and not like savage creatures Dante has been fighting thus far who have no intentions of fighting fair or face to face even, just killing.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
He didn't play dirty or use tricks they fought one on one with Nelo giving him a fair chance unlike everyone else one Mallet Island

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
You're right! Just as the title of this thread says;

WE did Nero/Nelo Angelo have honor?:troll:

But like the others said, he didn't stab Dante in the back, or use tricks while fighting Dante. Nelo was straight up and (as an abridged series of DMC3 said for Vergil) He "stabbed Dante in the back to his face".

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Like everyone's been saying, Nelo does have a fighter's honour by facing his opponent fairly and with intent, but like you say

I don't consider him having "honor" in DMC3 and he was crazy in the DMC1 novel.
In DMC3, I think it's more the fans who say he has honour in that game. There's nothing honourable about stabbing Arkham like he did, or how he did the same to Dante at the top of the tower. I think the only thing he did in DMC3 was tell Dante to get out of hell while he still could. I guess that was showing some honour.

DragonMaster2010

Hurrr typos are so funneh XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Well, he could have easily ambushed him or something, so I'd say it's pretty honorable to give Dante fair stakes at a fight.

I'm just glad that Nelo was honorable enough to at least wait till you looked his way.

Also, I have to admit, though I've seen a lot of DMC4 combo vids, and all of them look the same to me but something about your sigs look different and pretty badass. Cool.^_^

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Vergil isn't really up to the code of chivalry or bushido. That dude isn't honorable. He just has a big hard on for swords and carries a katana. That doesn't mean a damn thing.

As for the boss in DMC 1 it's that whole warrior thing you've seen before. He draws the sword and is like "you and me bro, face to face let's go. But let me bail out so you can fight me later once you start really kicking my a$$". So honorable, Nelo Angelo was basically like "Time out man!" *poof*

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Only time Vergil was ever a Douche was in the 1st novel and maybe the manga for 3 not sure on the latter but in the games Vergil has never done anything to Dante to hinder his advancements at all he's even helped him (like when he and Dante were fighting and Dante gets stabbed going unconscious, Vergil leaves Rebellion with Dante by means of stabbing him again yeah but Vergil knew that wouldn't kill Dante and he could have easily taken it with him but he didn't) Vergil had class unlike most of the other demons in both the Teminigru and Mallet Island. He always fought evenly and fairly with Dante, he never used cheap shots or dirty tricks. He had honor if he didn't I don't think Dante would have made the comment about it to Nelo.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I didn't really think Vergil was honorable, at least DMC3 Vergil. He practically stabs his brother when he's down, and then attempts to murder Arkham by stabbing him in the gut when he refused to kill his daughter.

The only time Vergil could've had honor was when he was a Nelo Angelo, but even then he was a puppet, he had no real freewill because Mundus was controlling him. Just because a person carries a sword and has an air about them wouldn't make them honorable, at least not entirely. Sephiroth is a good example since he's had his fair share of gut stabbing and isn't honourable for the way he killed Aerith.

But I figured the term for honor and Vergil came from Dante saying "A man with guts and honor" but that seemed being said about of sarcasm or insult, like every other pre-boss fight Dante's ever been in when he mocked his enemies.

DragonMaster2010

Only time Vergil was ever a Douche was in the 1st novel and maybe the manga for 3 not sure on the latter but in the games Vergil has never done anything to Dante to hinder his advancements at all he's even helped him (like when he and Dante were fighting and Dante gets stabbed going unconscious, Vergil leaves Rebellion with Dante by means of stabbing him again yeah but Vergil knew that wouldn't kill Dante and he could have easily taken it with him but he didn't) Vergil had class unlike most of the other demons in both the Teminigru and Mallet Island. He always fought evenly and fairly with Dante, he never used cheap shots or dirty tricks. He had honor if he didn't I don't think Dante would have made the comment about it to Nelo.

Class and honor are two different things.

You seem to fixate on how he treated Dante, but forget all the other things he did.

-He tryed out his new devil arms on a dead demon courpse just because he felt like it.
-He went against his code to use guns. (Though it wasn't a code, it was just his pompous beliefs of not using guns)
-He was selfish and only wanted power even if that ment killing off humans.
-He butchered a bunch of thugs in an alleyway in the DMC3 manga.
-He isn't very chilvery since he straight up calls Alice in the manga a whore.

There are many words to discribe Vergil. Honorable is definitely not one of them.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Class and honor are two different things.

You seem to fixate on how he treated Dante, but forget all the other things he did.

-He tryed out his new devil arms on a dead demon courpse just because he felt like it.
-He went against his code to use guns. (Though it wasn't a code, it was just his pompous beliefs of not using guns)
-He was selfish and only wanted power even if that ment killing off humans.
-He butchered a bunch of thugs in an alleyway in the DMC3 manga.
-He isn't very chilvery since he straight up calls Alice in the manga a whore.

There are many words to discribe Vergil. Honorable is definitely not one of them.
Dante's far more honorable than Vergil, at least he fights to protect people.

Top Bottom