• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

we are being accused

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
As I recall, we did actually have a fairly significant breach/malware issue a while back, though whether or not that coincides with the date of that article I'm not 100% sure.
If it is, then bugger me time flies quickly.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I sent them an email some time ago to remove us from that and they sent me an email saying they had checked the site for malware since and we were clean but then wanted to charge us for the scan and the removal from their site. So I sent them a message back telling them where they could shove it basically, they have no right to still have an article on us 'pumping malware' as the issue was resolved over a year ago but they are not getting any cash for it thats for damn sure.

Id actually forgotten about that link afterwards, might be time to contact them again and not be so nice this time.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I sent them an email some time ago to remove us from that and they sent me an email saying they had checked the site for malware since and we were clean but then wanted to charge us for the scan and the removal from their site. So I sent them a message back telling them where they could shove it basically, they have no right to still have an article on us 'pumping malware' as the issue was resolved over a year ago but they are not getting any cash for it thats for damn sure.

Id actually forgotten about that link afterwards, might be time to contact them again and not be so nice this time.

What a hilariously inept con.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
So basically even if sites are clean they only let people who pay them not be accused of malware

Dark Drakan

Admin
So basically even if sites are clean they only let people who pay them not be accused of malware

Thats pretty much the impression they gave me from their response yeah. They wanted to charge us for them doing a scan to check that we are clean and then remove us from their site.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Well I see it like this - if Steve's not bothered, we may as well not be bothered. Sites like that mean nothing, really, it's when you get a message in place of your actual boards that you need to worry - like we did a while back.

Google still loves us, and new people are signing up fairly frequently, so it's all good :D

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well I see it like this - if Steve's not bothered, we may as well not be bothered. Sites like that mean nothing, really, it's when you get a message in place of your actual boards that you need to worry - like we did a while back.

Google still loves us, and new people are signing up fairly frequently, so it's all good :D

Thats the way I see it really but its still a slur on our name and if it puts anyone off registering here then I thought id contact them regardless.

Top Bottom