• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Was Eva Really A Normal Human?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Even if Eva was a witch she simply be a human mortal witch. Plus Eva has 2 be human because Dante says his great power comes from using his human emotions 2 unleash his demon powers.

ZeroLove

Bayonetta is 'just' a mortal human, she just so happens to be a witch as well. So it is totally possible for Eva to be one as well. ^^

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I know it's just a reference, but I don't really like the idea of Eva being a witch or an angel or anything other than human. It makes the idea of Sparda falling in love with a mere mortal that less powerful, somehow.

ZeroLove

I know it's just a reference, but I don't really like the idea of Eva being a witch or an angel or anything other than human. It makes the idea of Sparda falling in love with a mere mortal that less powerful, somehow.

I think it makes it even more powerful. I can easily imagine Eva to be a witch who fought alongside Sparda against the demons and then the two of them fell in love on the battlefield and had two warrior twin sons. It would make Dante's and Vergil's legacy that more powerful. I don't care for weak female roles just to make a man look more a hero. It's just so ancient and boring. Ever since Bayonetta I have considered Eva to be a witch and unless it directly states otherwise in any Devil May Cry game, then that is how I will see her because I like that role for her.

Railazel

I agree with Zwei, though the idea of a powerful being falling in love with a weakling is a great story, the idea of two powerful beings is just as good because, generally, two powerful beings are usually going at each other's necks. To have them come together for the sake of love... that's... that's just powerful.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
if sparda mislead Eva by saying she was the only human he slept with, than wouldn't that be immoral?

where did you hear that Sparda told Eva she was the only human he has ever had slept with. we know nothing about Sparda and Eva's relationship or Sparda's personality.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I always got the impression that Sparda rebelled against his kind because the "Justice he woke up to" was falling in love with a mortal woman. (Or he was the only demon who actually felt his kin's actions were bad and he decided to be good) But that's just my fan made theory, I prefer Eva as a normal human because it makes Sparda's role as "knight in black armor" more meaningful. Besides Sparda was stupid strong for some reason so he didn't need anyone's help. I mean he sealed away two demon rulers, closed a bunch of gates that lead to the demon world, was a feudal ruler of Fortuna and he had two apprentices. Clearly Sparda did not need a mortal or demon's aid.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
I think it makes it even more powerful. I can easily imagine Eva to be a witch who fought alongside Sparda against the demons and then the two of them fell in love on the battlefield and had two warrior twin sons. It would make Dante's and Vergil's legacy that more powerful. I don't care for weak female roles just to make a man look more a hero. It's just so ancient and boring. Ever since Bayonetta I have considered Eva to be a witch and unless it directly states otherwise in any Devil May Cry game, then that is how I will see her because I like that role for her.
1. DMC1 intro clearly stated that Sparda fought alone against the underworld.
2. Eva was killed by some random demons. So if she really was a witch ,she was unworthy to be a true warrior, unless it was Mundus himself who killed her.
3. You don't care about weak female roles, but it's ironic since Eva was one(unless Capcom creates a scenario for her to explain her pathetic death). Witch or not.
4. If I'm not mistaking, Bayonetta is not canon to DMC.

Railazel

1. DMC1 intro clearly stated that Sparda fought alone against the underworld.
2. Eva was killed by some random demons. So if she really was a witch ,she was unworthy to be a true warrior, unless it was Mundus himself who killed her.
3. You don't care about weak female roles, but it's ironic since Eva was one(unless Capcom creates a scenario for her to explain her pathetic death). Witch or not.
4. If I'm not mistaking, Bayonetta is not canon to DMC.
1. Who said that she was there? Zwei was just making up a scenario that would've been awesome.
2. Witches can be killed by demons.
3. When did Capcom say that Eva was weak?
4. But its been speculated that their universe was (unofficially) the same.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Who cares what Eva was? Lol Simple: She was a woman who "bumped uglys" with a demon. Nine months later she pops out twins and than 8 years later she gets killed by demons. That's Eva tale no more no less.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
1. Who said that she was there? Zwei was just making up a scenario that would've been awesome.
2. Witches can be killed by demons.
3. When did Capcom say that Eva was weak?
4. But its been speculated that their universe was (unofficially) the same.
1. I smell a fanfiction.
2. What I was trying to say is that in the end, she wasn't that great if she was killed by minor demons.
3. Assumption on my part, not a fact.
4. Time will tell I guess.

ZeroLove

The intro of the first Devil May Cry;
Two milleniums ago there was a war,
between the human world and the other,
the under world,
but somebody from the underworld woke up to justice,
and stood up against this legion,
alone.
His name was Sparda.
later he quietly reigned the human world,
and continued to preserve harmony until his death
He became a legend
the legendary dark knight,
Sparda

It says Sparda stood up against the demons alone. So Eva couldn't be helping him. However, that doesn't mean she still couldn't be a witch.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Their is always the chance that Eva was indeed not a normal human, she was a Power Ranger!! Go, Go Eva Ranger!! LMBO!! God I'm bored.

Bestial Paradox

Light of Paradox
^.
Nope, Eva could be a special human, not a normal human. I think Eva was interested in Sparda, or Sparda was interested in Eva because there is always a reason.

Railazel

1. I smell a fanfiction.
2. What I was trying to say is that in the end, she wasn't that great if she was killed by minor demons.
3. Assumption on my part, not a fact.
4. Time will tell I guess.
1. The Rock must be cooking again.
2. I don't think they were minor, I doubt minor demons would f*ck with the Wife of Sparda.
3. It better be! Or else.... I don't know.
4. Capcom needs to just buy back Platinum Games and give us the good crap like they used to.

Their is always the chance that Eva was indeed not a normal human, she was a Power Ranger!! Go, Go Eva Ranger!! LMBO!! God I'm bored.
Nigga, get a hobby!

^.
Nope, Eva could be a special human, not a normal human. I think Eva was interested in Sparda, or Sparda was interested in Eva because there is always a reason.
Woman! Make up your mind!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Eva didnt help Sparda out because he rebelled 2000 years ago. She wasnt even born yet.

well, they never explained who the demons were so it could be any level of demon. Besides, mundus aint gonna send anyone to go kill sparda's wife , he is gonna send the best of the best.

Railazel

Eva didnt help Sparda out because he rebelled 2000 years ago. She wasnt even born yet.

well, they never explained who the demons were so it could be any level of demon. Besides, mundus aint gonna send anyone to go kill sparda's wife , he is gonna send the best of the best.
Actually, Witches can be up to thousands of years old. Bayonetta herself was 500 (she would be 600 this year).

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well, that doesnt mean she is 2000 years old.

But im wondering if Dante/Vergil/Nero are umbran wizaerds?

Railazel

Well, that doesnt mean she is 2000 years old.

But im wondering if Dante/Vergil/Nero are umbran wizaerds?
But she could be, not that it means that she was fighting alongside Sparda.

Now that's what I'm wondering too. I think Dante and Vergil might get there magical abilities from Eva.

Top Bottom