• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Was Devil May Cry 3's combat system inspired by a Street fighter game by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noelttub

I've read some where on the internet that DMC3's combat system was based upon a Street fighter game. I'm a huge fan of Street fighter 2(turbo), but that is about the only SF game that I played besides the amazing Street Fighter 4(or the super edition) I play them both frequently, but can't see as to how there is a connection with DMC3. In SF4, however, Chun Li's lightning legs attack looks very similar to Dante's millon stab or Beowulf's punch,punch,pause,rapid kick. If any of you guys or gals know, please tell me the name of that Street Fighter game. I would very much like to try it out!:D

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Re: Was Devil May Cry 3's combat system inspired by a Street fighter game by any chan

i've been thinking that also, mainly because i can't resist screaming shoryuken while using beowulf :lol:

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Re: Was Devil May Cry 3's combat system inspired by a Street fighter game by any chan

It's been like that[well,almost] from DMC1.True the mechanics were inspired from 2D fighting games.The Beowulf attacks are rather multi-inspired.After all Capcom is known to take elements from famous mangas and convert them to their games one way or another.Not that it is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom