• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Was butchering Deadpool's character a GOOD THING in the long run?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Barakapool.jpg

We all remember this atrocity. Remember the horrors fans saw when they saw Baraka pool, the sh*t that happened.
But it makes me wonder, with the upcoming Deadpool movie, was this freak a good thing.

Think about it, thanks to this mistake that FOX made, not only do they seem to have NO creative control over the Deadpool movie, but the casting for directors and actors is absolutely perfect.

Here is how it went down:
Deadpool in a movie for first time
Ryan reynolds to be playing Deadpool, the perfect casting choice
Baraka pool
Ryan Reynolds and Deadpool fans feel like giving FOX the finger
Ryan promises to come back and make things right for Deadpool fans
Deadpool movie officially announced
Rated R
Rob Liefield (creator of Deadpool) is writing
Tim miller directing.

So if it weren't for Barakapool, we probably wouldn't have the amazing upcoming Deadpool movie.

Meg

Not sure about that. Just about every superhero is getting a movie nowadays. It was only a matter of time before Deadpool got one. The hate that his first "appearance" got might give the movie more attention within the fan base, but those people would have been excited for Deadpool to get his own movie anyway.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
If they had named him something original instead of calling him Deadpool, you can be sure that no one in the audience would've hated him. XD But yes, in the long run, it was a good thing.

Demon619

Deadman walking
Honestly, the only main issue I had with the apperance was the fact they called him deadpool and took his mouth away. If they made him out to be a mutant killer without the general idea that he was Deadpool (perhaps with a more cyber take on things, something that hid his face) then I would have been fine.

Now if Ryan reynolds can give us a crazy Deadpool this time (his tame version made sense seeing how that was before Wade became deadpool) and give him the mask, I'll be happy

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
is rob liefield writing a good thing since he wasnt the only one who created deadpool?

he was also created by fabian nicieza and the run that made him popular was by joe kelly.

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
Honestly, the only main issue I had with the apperance was the fact they called him deadpool and took his mouth away. If they made him out to be a mutant killer without the general idea that he was Deadpool (perhaps with a more cyber take on things, something that hid his face) then I would have been fine.

Now if Ryan reynolds can give us a crazy Deadpool this time (his tame version made sense seeing how that was before Wade became deadpool) and give him the mask, I'll be happy
well, at the ending, deadpool's mouth is opened and he said "Sshhh" to the audience

Dante47

The way you explain it, yeah it is a good thing in the long run. Deadpool was awesome in the beginning of the film. But I would love to see a whole film based off of him with Ryan portraying the character again, and I'd love to see the suit in film. :lol:

Demon619

Deadman walking
well, at the ending, deadpool's mouth is opened and he said "Sshhh" to the audience
True, that was the only actual good representation of Deadpool throughout the entire movie...but still, seeing how that was a after credits scene...it was still disappointing.

Top Bottom