• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vorgel in BP

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
So back to DmC after a huge DMC3 and 4 BP binge; anyone know if there's a working mod for getting him into BP yet? He's so much more fun to play than Donte, but replaying the same 6 (rather boring) missions is just bad ;(

Also, is there a way to remove the god damned cutscenes from boss fights? Poison is the worst, there's more cutscenes than actual fighting :poop:

(posted here because the modding sub forum seems dead lol)

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
But anyway, I do believe its a crying shame that there's no BP for VD. You'd think there would be. But I also understand why there isn't. Vergil legitimately only had one boss to fight in the entire DLC and that was Hollow Vergil. In my opinion they could have made his bloody palace consist of 50 levels that sprout more demons around him. Each level could take at least five minutes to clear. at level ten, he fights that giant demon that tried to kill him mom. At level twenty, he fights derkavacs three of them. thirty he fights the hunter demon. forty is hollow Dante. and 50 is hollow Vergil.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah. I've always said when it comes to video games the longer the list of reasons the game is rated mature the more immature the actual game tends to be.

For the BP, though, it seems rather odd that they wouldn't allow Vergil to be playable. I get that he didn't get work for all the enemies but a simple removal of none compatible oponents and replacement would've been sufficient. I'm guessing bosses are programmed and designed for Dante so they might not make into the fold, but worse would be nothing, which is what we have.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

Yeah. I've always said when it comes to video games the longer the list of reasons the game is rated mature the more immature the actual game tends to be.

For the BP, though, it seems rather odd that they wouldn't allow Vergil to be playable. I get that he didn't get work for all the enemies but a simple removal of none compatible oponents and replacement would've been sufficient. I'm guessing bosses are programmed and designed for Dante so they might not make into the fold, but worse would be nothing, which is what we have.

Oh dear gawd Metal Gear Revengeance.

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
I don't buy the coloured enemy excuse. There are mods out that let you attack them with any weapon, and every DMC on PC has had wave editors for BP - so the devs could have let Vergil's angel/demon weapons work on the idiotic coloured enemies, or just removed them from his BP.
You're probably right on the boss thing; you can get Vergil in the main game but out of the 5 missions I tested 4 of them black screened during the cutscene before the level, which you can't skip with Vergil (select brings up your item menu during the scene) and the only one that worked was level 1 - which you get stuck on after defeating the first wave because the cutscene with Kat won't trigger.
It's a real shame because Vergil is such a more enjoyable character to play.

Top Bottom