• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Video Game Councling

SpArDaCaN =/)

"Toasty!"
In for us mature gamers are good in controlling there temper
when there lose in an video game or get upset when in playing against someone like their friend in a multiplayer. Unfortunatelly most younger poeple like kids just want to be sore loosers and break the Video Game there playing or the controller. Do people that poeple have these problems need a psychologist or somthing to teach them how to acccept defeat and do better next time to know that its just a game. Or do you want them to suffer the painful life of a sore looser that has a out of control temper?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Meh, they don't need a shrink, people who get angry at games just need to learn to grow up and get over it, the only case in which massive rage is acceptable is if you've had your ass handed to you about 15 times in a row in the past 2 hours, especially if you happen to be playing an RPG, or a disgustingly hard game like Ninja Gaiden.

I used to get angry at games, quite a bit, then I remembered they were just games, and if I wasn't having fun playing them, then what the bloody hell was I doing with a controller in my hand anyway? Gotta remember that games should be for fun, you shouldn't feel forced to play, embrace the fun in gaming and you lose the anger, it's as simple as that.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
In all fairness, the parents would need to get stricter.
If the parents show the child that it's okay to break the console, and that they will get another one, then the child will continue to break them, when they don't need to be. I have never had many consoles, until now when I buy them myself, so I don't get mad at games, I don't want to ruin it.
These children simply need some discipline.
That my opinion anyway.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
lol, if my kid ever broke anything in temper she'd damn well pay for it one way or another. Hell, she doesn't tidy her room and gets most of her privileges taken from her so I shudder to think what would happen to her if she started wrecking the place too...

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Oh god no, if anything, they improve self-esteem, I find that the reason I play things like RPGs is to sort of...Escape, live a different sort of life and just have fun, and after I've finished playing, I always feel a lot better about...Well, just about everything I suppose, and many other people I've consulted about this issue have said the same thing, actually.

I don't know, I've never seen gaming negatively impact someone's self esteem.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Angelo Credo;160454 said:
Oh god no, if anything, they improve self-esteem, I find that the reason I play things like RPGs is to sort of...Escape, live a different sort of life and just have fun, and after I've finished playing, I always feel a lot better about...Well, just about everything I suppose, and many other people I've consulted about this issue have said the same thing, actually.

I don't know, I've never seen gaming negatively impact someone's self esteem.

oh,you are quite right,except my self esteem is almost... destroyed when I start playing games.haha :lol: Don't know when,I start easily to get shy and accept anything easily. Probably not the games' fault,but probably my own attitude which makes me this.:)

Top Bottom