• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Versus - DCEU Batman vs MCU Captain America

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
5-ways-batman-v-superman-proved-that-ben-affleck-s-batfleck-truly-is-the-best-batman-ever.jpg

5173761-8188969287-49747.jpg

The usual premise applies, let's try to be civil.

So, I was bored as heck and for the hell of it, I went and rewatched some of the fighting clips from Winter Soldier, Civil War and BvS, cause tbh, those movies legit contain the best action sequences in superhero movies, imo. And I always thought a fight between these two would be hella interesting, considering they're both "just humans" (in the sense that they're pretty underpowered compared to some of the crazier being they're surrounded by, like Thor, Superman, Hulk, Wonder Woman etc.), and both rely on their physical abilities and tools to get the job done, and they're both beasts when it comes to beating people up good.

For the purpose of a fair fight though, we're gonna take out all the gadgets from Batman, and the shield from Captain America. Only hand to hand combat allowed. Who do you think would win, if any at all?

I think it would be a kind of even fight for a while but eventually Cap would take it.
That guy's absolutely insane. Although in my opinion Batman is more skilled in martial arts, Cap is absolutely no pushover either, and the super soldier serum would totally give him the edge. Practically every single physical attribute is superior in Captain America. He's hella stronger (remember in Civil War, he was stopping a fudging helicopter from taking off with one hand and briefly overpowered Spiderman for a sec - and I don't think anyone will think Batman is as strong as Spidey), faster (first movie, when he just got out of the machine, he was almost matching a speeding car), and more durable (in Winter Soldier, he went down I don't know how many floors from an elevator, and still was fine).

I say that it would initially be an even fight because DCEU Bats has indeed showed off pretty impressive strength feats himself (he made a huge crack on a wall just by tossing a guy against it, wtf), and in terms of pure skill, to me he does seem to edge Cap out. However he can't compete with someone with similar (even if slightly inferior) skill but with way superior sheer physical attributes.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Without gadgets, it'll be Cap all the way, simply because he has the Superhuman capabilities due to the Super Soldier Serum.
So yeah, I'm with you on everything else.
Still even with Gadgets, it'd be hard for Batman to win, still he'd take it simply because he has more stuff in his armory.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I think it's unfair that Batman has no gadgets when Cap is still sort of superhuman with the serum in his veins.

But even so, this fight goes to Cap for one reason only; Age.

DCEU Batman is older, and noticeably slower in fighting capabilities if we take Justice League as any deduction. His martial arts skills are top notch and so is his physical abilities, but that all seems to have gone down with age. We notice this in Justice League when he's even mentioned that he can barely continue the vigilante career as is when Wonder Woman told him that he "couldn't do this forever". Meanwhile MCU Captain America is built to keep on fighting with little exhaustion. He also has slightly enhanced physical capabilities that would shatter a persons insides. Plus there's his own endurance to things that would mortally wound Batman. Sure DCEU Batman has (maybe?) fought bigger villains like Killer Croc, but against Cap, who is not only trained but has superhuman strength and enough perception to perfectly throw his shield the way he does, then as a DC fan (and sort of a DCEU fan) I say this;

MCU Cap would beat DCEU Batman, but DCEU Batman wouldn't make it easy for him due to his iron will. Plus if this was BvS Batman, he'd be an even BIGGER challenge to MCU Cap.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You do know he’d just spend days, maybe even weeks on end speaking to Alfred and his super computer to try and find out ways to beat Cap?

And then he’d go toe to toe and still end up losing. Nah, I’m just kidding. Batman is that kind of character that finds means to defeat characters that are technically stronger than he is. I’m not sure what Cap’s weaknesses are, though.

I’d give this a tie as of now.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
You do know he’d just spend days, maybe even weeks on end speaking to Alfred and his super computer to try and find out ways to beat Cap?

And then he’d go toe to toe and still end up losing. Nah, I’m just kidding. Batman is that kind of character that finds means to defeat characters that are technically stronger than he is. I’m not sure what Cap’s weaknesses are, though.

From what I've seen, MCU Cap has no weaknesses. It was different with Superman since there's kryptonite (if that's still a thing in the DCEU) Cap is a super solider with no limitations and nothing to really weaken him, except something bigger and stronger hitting him.

I also actually forgot about prep time. But even so, I still say DCEU Batman would lose this one.

Erian1Mortal

Premium

I'd put that as a gadget, since you need your equipment to do proper research. In that case Batcomputer.
But you're right, with prep time, he'd probably beat cap (If he had his gadgets). Without gadgets, even prep time would probably not help all that much.
Batman would still give a decent fight though.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Ah right. I was joking (well, only a little bit). But thanks for clearing those thoughts up.

So Cap doesn’t really have a weakness (except stronger characters). Hmm, well in that case Batman would probably put up a damn good fight like Erian said, but he’d probably lose in the end.

Top Bottom