• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's moveset and technology limitation

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
In an interview I read some time ago, about Vergil's implementation in DMC3 SE, Itsuno was asked why they left out some of the moves Vergil has as a boss in the vanilla game. He said it was because of memory issues, they couldn't implement more moves than the ones they did because technology didn't allow them to, at that time.

However, now we are 2 gens forward, as DMC4 SE is coming out for PS4, Xbox One and possibly modern PCs.
Now memory capability should not be a problem anymore, so do you think Capcom will actually take advantage of that and give an hypothetical playable Vergil (remember, it's still not confirmed he's gonna be playable) a more extended moveset this time around?

If so, what kind of moves would you like him to get?

Blazer-X

I think most fans would say Capcom REALLY dropped the ball if Vergil isn't playable in any way considering the focus on advertising him.

That said, I wouldn't mind taking a bit of his arsenal from his DmC counterpart and adding some of those to his moveset. Most of DmC Vergil's moves seems to fit OG Vergil's fighting style, especially his pause combo.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Really? i've heard that they left out those moves because it would've been too OP... like the judgement cut for ex has a much bigger radius in boss vergil than regular vergil.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Really? i've heard that they left out those moves because it would've been too OP... like the judgement cut for ex has a much bigger radius in boss vergil than regular vergil.

For DMC3 it would've been overpowered but in DMC4 it wont be much of an issue since Dante and Nero are already overpowered and Dante has Dance Macabre, Omen, and Distorted Real Impact....the definition of OP

Top Bottom