• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's gameplay and thoughts

NoctisVI

So I had the DLC since last week ^_^ . Some guys on a French forum even got the code 2 weeks ago.
And i was very lucky as a nice guy gave me a code (I only got the standard edition so I had the DLC for free :p).

Here is a quick video gameplay of Vergil i made last night :

I'm a little bit disappointed about this DLC (but not that much :) ).

Vergil is really cool to control (as i'm a big fan of him) but the lack of weapons is annoying (only yamato but which can be used in 3 ways "Normal + Angel + Devil" modes). You don't have a lot of techniques to unlock as well. It's hard to make some crazy combos, you'll have to be creative. People will see Vergil teleporting everywhere but really this is not so skilled (its just the equivalent of Dante's grappling hook).

The summoned swords are cheated :D, especially the spiral swords, don't spam it, it'll ruin the fun xD, but oh yeah, you can't, as the 3 techniques of the SS (spiral swords, sword storm, blistering swords) use your DT bar. Speaking of the Devil Trigger, by activating it, Vergil will use his Doppelganger Style (kind of copy of himself that will attack the ennemies with you). There are 3 modes of the DS (it only affects the delay of the attacks or make your copy attacks ennemy from his part).

Besides, the DLC is really short (1st run finished in 2h), but like all DMC, we like to play it again (10h overall so far).

Vergil has only 2 costumes and can not be used in Bloody Palace (maybe later, who knows).

If you have some questions, please ask :) !

NoctisVI

2 costumes? The normal vergil and the Devil trigger vergil right?
Yes, and it's not really the "Normal Vergil" but the "Weak Vergil" (this is how they named it), you don't have his standard look from the main DmC game. And the second costume is the Super Vergil skin, it's more like a Super Saiyan guy :) but it looks good.

NoctisVI

How is Vergil must die? is it difficult than the one in the main game?
Not really, crowd control can sometimes be more difficult with Vergil as he has less techniques with large area effects but his summoned swords save him. If you use his Spiral Swords ability, then you can rush and kill enemies without difficulties.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
Not really, crowd control can sometimes be more difficult with Vergil as he has less techniques with large area effects but his summoned swords save him. If you use his Spiral Swords ability, then you can rush and kill enemies without difficulties.
Ah, i see thanks

vergilthedemonking

Nice review, enjoyed reading and seeing the video. I totally agree with what you said. I don't have the dlc yet myself but from watching some vids i could see that he doesn't have a big moveset and you need to be creative to make good combo's. They could have made him using the doppleganger skill a bit more flashier in my opinion. When dante goes dt everything goes malice and he is just like goku after frieza kille krillin hehe :p, and dante gets way faster, stronger etc. Spoiler alert: When you finish the dlc and you get super vergil, he just looks less impressive then dante in his dt state does. :( And they should definately make a costume patch or some feature dlc with more costumes/skins and adding him to bloody palace or letting him have his own bp. Or change the floors from the bp we have now and extend it with adding vergil dlc's enemies into it and keeping the enemies from dante's story to and add them together and make it playable for dante and vergil! I would love that. Some nice costumes for vergil would be: main game/classy vergil, vergil with the mask, a different colour for his coat, dmc 3 vergil etc. If they add all of that my life will be complete lol

Top Bottom