• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergils appearance.

Destrond

Spectre Of The Flame
In one of the other threads someone stated that vergil doesn't physically appear in human in this game but he is still there as we can see throught the final trailer. However i think that i have found something out here. In dmc 3, dante's sword awakened his devil form. In this we see that the weapons dante and vergil got from there father was technically binded to them to unlock their demon blood once there blood touches there sword. Now i am not a big supporter of the whole "The devil bringer is Vergil" theory, but i will say that that is the only explanation to this. Now in one other thread someone asked on the final dt forms like how sparda has his demon form, and said that he wants to know what dantes and vergils is. I stated that the dmc 2 majin form(ddt aka) is dantes and nelo angelo is vergils. I now see that i might have been wrong on vergils dt. We see that neros devil hand is stabbed but we don't see any blood, but if there was blood, then maybe it dripped on the yamato (the katana has all the same features, i would know i am a freak on vergil,dante,nero, and sparda) and caused it to activate the devil trigger. However, maybe the blood must drip on the blade while they are in dt to give the twins the full dt. If the db=vergil theory is right, then the devil we see nero controlling is vergils true dt. But this is all theory. However i do see a huge role for the yamato in this one so vergils spirit will be in this game. Only have to wait two more months and our questions will be answered.

teflon

Nero was stabbed by two different swords in the final trailer. The second one was definitely not a Yamato, and I believe it is the second stabbing that leads to Nero's "awakening".

Greg A

cosmic master

The Eternal Insomniac
if you look on the official japanese site at the character bit on nero you will see there is a new bit for his devil trigger which shows a pretty good picture of him with that sort of spirit or whatever around him

and it doesnt look anything like his dmc3 devil trigger or nelo angelo

heatlancer

1# Trickster
cosmic master;61935 said:
if you look on the official japanese site at the character bit on nero you will see there is a new bit for his devil trigger which shows a pretty good picture of him with that sort of spirit or whatever around him

and it doesnt look anything like his dmc3 devil trigger or nelo angelo

:\ ... have you ever seen vergils dt?

heatlancer

1# Trickster
who else would have the yamato sheat?

just look, obviously he look's a bit differrent because of time-skip and graphic updates but it's vergil.. and if you notice he seems to be missing an eye, same as that pic on destrond's sig and that pics been there for quite awhile now, if only i could get my hands on the latest manga

and if you looked closely you should notice that nelo angelo also had those (what they look like to me) blue w/e glowing veins

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
cosmic master;61941 said:
yes:dry: and im sorry but i dont think it looks like him

x2 I completely agree. It looks nothing like him. As a matter of fact Vergil never had a third eye.

Chrysander

The demon has a sheath growing out of his left arm, like Vergil's DT. Not sure why people are ignoring that, but that's a fact, so in my opinion, that's pretty strong evidence that the demon is something to do with Vergil in one way or another.

Destrond

Spectre Of The Flame
Ok i understand that nero was stabbed twice and not one of them was with the yamato, but maybe the blood from the second stab(the one that made him dt) got on the yamato. I guess because of this trailer i am now a supporter of the db=vergil theory. But the whole reason i beleive this is because of the sheath. I doubt that some other random devil has a sheath like vergil.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
heatlancer;61946 said:
3rd eye?:|

Yup. The demon that is Nero's DT is almost identical to the huge demon who rampages around the city(well except for the size and the fact that the huge one does not hold Yamato, but the horns etc are the same). He has a third eye.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
Tony_Redgrave;61951 said:
Yup. The demon that is Nero's DT is almost identical to the huge demon who rampages around the city(well except for the size and the fact that the huge one does not hold Yamato, but the horns etc are the same). He has a third eye.

im 100% sure the spirit behind nero is vergil, if you listen carefully you can notice vergil's voice clearly

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Problem with that. We've seen Vergil's uncorrupted DT, and it's NOT Nero Angelo. Angelo was an ARMOR that brainwashed veril wore. Mundas even referred to him as "VERGIL", and the head was revealed to be a helmet. Vergil's DT, as shown by DMC3, would look like DANTE's. They're identical twins and look exactly alike in human form and Devil form, save for personalizaions, like color and weapon based additions. And I don't see a third eye on the render of the demon aura, but it does NOT look a think like Vergil's DT form at all. The sheath is explained as an effect of Yamato. Vergil only had that arm sheath when he used Yamato, never when using Beowolf. It's a Devil Arms specific part.

And of course we Redgraves agree that it's not vergil, and I help expand why...repeatedly.. ^^;;;

Top Bottom