• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil WAS stronger than Dante. In the beginning of DMC3 only

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Those who implied that the red son of Sparda has surpass him, don't know what they're talking about.

Sparda can erase the reason of existence from demons by just taking their names. He can summon an enormous spectral dragon that can inflict pain to Mundus(Dante's weapons doesn't make him flinch). Sparda was the General of the Netherworld's army. In my basic knowledge of that grade, I think you need a tactical mind to command an army. He even have basic fire balls. His demon form's aura is on a superior level(as shown in DMC3, when Arkham took his appearence) than Dante's devil trigger aura. He is a master sealer, like it was his hobby. Lastly, 2000+ years of experiences at the art of combat(I have a conter-argument for that, but I bet you will already find it).

Dante has super strenght, super speed, exceptional healing factor and Devil Trigger. All of this inheritated by his father.

That yongster has a long road ahead before he can surpass his wise old man.

The DMC2 final mission log says "The Hunter(Dante) will overcome all obstacles and surpass all those who came before him(Sparda)"

As for as Capcom is concerned they can make Dante stronger than God if they wanted but that'll be stupid.

Plus by DMC2 Dante killed off a demon emperor that not even Sparda could do(sure he sealed it away) but its mainly because he was missing his trademark sword Sparda. Most of Sparda's power came from his sword Sparda...without it he literally died(2000 years later). Now Dante(now Trish) has it and Nero was able to defeat Sanctus who used Sparda all the while Nero couldn't defeat Dante who was going easy on him and didn't even need to DT while Nero did.

Maybe Dante isn't stronger than Sparda but I see them as equals and if Dante mained Sparda like his dad did Dante could've surpassed him since all powers of Sparda can be used by any of his sons....some can say he passed it down to his son.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
The DMC2 final mission log says "The Hunter(Dante) will overcome all obstacles and surpass all those who came before him(Sparda)"

As for as Capcom is concerned they can make Dante stronger than God if they wanted but that'll be stupid.

Plus by DMC2 Dante killed off a demon emperor that not even Sparda could do(sure he sealed it away) but its mainly because he was missing his trademark sword Sparda. Most of Sparda's power came from his sword Sparda...without it he literally died(2000 years later). Now Dante(now Trish) has it and Nero was able to defeat Sanctus who used Sparda all the while Nero couldn't defeat Dante who was going easy on him and didn't even need to DT while Nero did.

Maybe Dante isn't stronger than Sparda but I see them as equals and if Dante mained Sparda like his dad did Dante could've surpassed him since all powers of Sparda can be used by any of his sons....some can say he passed it down to his son.
Sparda's original power came from him not the sword. He sealed most of his power in the sword to seal the Temi-ni-gru tower.

Nero may have defeated Sanctus, who used the Sparda, but replace Sanctus by Sparda and that punk would be no more. Hell, Nero would of been also eradicated if it was Dante with the Sparda instead of Sanctus. That old man was not worthy of the sword. Like Vergil said to Arkham: "You have to come to realise, you can not control the power of Sparda".

I'm still not convince that they are equals. If Dante mained the Sparda to surpass him it would mean that he took the easy way.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
vergil did own dante again in the first nelo angelo fight he beat him up but luckily the amulet saved him

Top Bottom