• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

~Vergil in DMC4~

Durxom

Hello, new user here, been playing DMC for a while now, but mostly been play DMC4 on my PC recently. And now that the little intro is done, onto the meat of the topic...

I frequently lurked on and around here, and a whole bunch of other DMC forums/boards, and the one thing that I see the most are Vergil theories or "Why wasn't Vergil in this game?" or what not...and I started thinking to myself....am I the only one that sees these humongous Vergil hints in this game...mainly that as of now the DMC storyline, Vergil is possessing Nero

As we learn, Nero used to be human, until one day, while fighting to protect Kyrie, he gained his Devil Bringer, which started calling out for "Power, more power.." (one of Vergil's signature lines). Then, upon near death near the shattered remains of Yamato, somehow Nero is able to repair it...now this might just be my speculation, but you would either need Vergil, Sparda, or either some incredibly powerful demon to pull that off. Plus Nero's DT has a striking resemblance with both Vergil's DT and Nelo Angelo (Vergil's corrupt form)...

vergil-compare.jpg

It has Vergil's arm scabbard, his shoulder frills, Nelo's horns, and Nelo's glowy...things..and since we haven't seen how Vergil's DT has matured (like we have seen with Dante's) this could easily have been Vergil's next form.

Also, when Nelo Angelo dies, a lot of demonic energy was released, so essentially, "wisp Vergil" could have been aimlessly floating around the world, until something with a strong enough urge or want for power appeared, absorbing his energy.

Now this may just all be speculation, but it's what I believe is the most logical choice for all this crazy Vergil nonsense (not a huge fan of the character). So now that my brain leak is over, just want to know what people here think of my theory, which is basically...

Nelo Angelo dies, Vergil/Nelo releases vast amounts of demonic energy upon death, Vergil's energy or "wisp Vergil" floats around aimless through the human world, is absorbed into Nero;being pulled like a magnet towards his strong emotions and desire for power, Nero is possessed by Vergil in the form of his Devil Bringer, Nero/Vergil fix Yamato; allowing Vergil's energy " a bit more room" creating his spectre form as Nero's DT

..-gasps for breath- Thank you for your time :)

Meg

That's a pretty interesting theory. Its a lot better (and more likely) then a lot of the other stuff I've heard.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Actually, this theory makes more sense to me then any of the other ones out there. Even the whole "Nero is the third son of Sparda" thing, which I heavily believe in.

Thanks for sharing :]

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
This heavily makes sense... Nice theory!

Although, I dislike Vergil 100%, so I'd like it better if it isn't possession, but at the very MOST, a symbiosis.

Osaka

trollololol
I thought this theory had already been spoke of before? I've heard it anyway and it's what I believe to be true since, well, as stated, it makes the most sense. Unless the story writers start to take mindtripping substances that'll **** with how things play out then it should be this theory that comes to light.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^VB would agree to anything to do with Vergil ^_^

Nice theory, I like it! It beats mine, anyway. I thought the Order somehow managed to summon Vergil, because he was the last person who held that katana in his hands, and then locked him away somewhere. (Still thinks Vergil is hiding in that secret room I can't get to)

Honestly, I'm not a big Vergil fan either. If he wasn't identical to Dante, I would have been
Just_Cuz_19.gif
about him. But...THEY'RE TWINS... so I like him only for his relation to Dante.

Dante's my tru wub
34efamg.gif

Durxom

^ it's not that I hate Vergil, it's just I enjoy Dante's style and smartassness more...that and I don't fully understand Vergil's huge appeal.

Also, thank you everyone for your comments towards my theory

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Very nice theory.It actually makes sense up until the Devil bringer part...maybe it's just me,but I believe it's more plausible that part of Vergil's soul is possesing the Yamato,that's why the Devil Trigger appears like Vergil's devil Trigger in the form of a "Stand"[Look it up at JoJo's bizzare adventure].

It would be a better explanation since the DT changes shape according to the devil arm and Nero didn't have a DT nor has a proper...it's not unlikely that this DT is actually part of Vergil's soul manifesting itself from the Yamato.After all Dante didn't show a DT with the Yamato so both theories are to be possible.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Durxom;247208 said:
^ it's not that I hate Vergil, it's just I enjoy Dante's style and smartassness more...that and I don't fully understand Vergil's huge appeal.

Also, thank you everyone for your comments towards my theory

anytime...and ask vb 4 vergil's appeal

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil Bane;247244 said:
Very nice theory.It actually makes sense up until the Devil bringer part...maybe it's just me,but I believe it's more plausible that part of Vergil's soul is possesing the Yamato,that's why the Devil Trigger appears like Vergil's devil Trigger in the form of a "Stand"[Look it up at JoJo's bizzare adventure].

It would be a better explanation since the DT changes shape according to the devil arm and Nero didn't have a DT nor has a proper...it's not unlikely that this DT is actually part of Vergil's soul manifesting itself from the Yamato.After all Dante didn't show a DT with the Yamato so both theories are to be possible.

But if part of Vergil's soul is possessing Yamato, then why did Nero hear Vergil in his head when his arm got injured? You know with his whole 'from that day forth, my arm changed' speech.

We know that Dante got his DT only after Vergil ran him through with his sword (and it's presumed Vergil got his DT the same way) - Nero's arm doesn't actually change until Dante strikes at him with Rebellion and Nero blocks the blow with his injured arm.

I think (will edit name of thread starter here) has a good theory about Vergil possessing Nero's arm. I mean going through the missions, Nero's arm grows more powerful because it consumes whatever power sources it comes in contact with, which is in synch with Vergil's lust for power, and this is long before he even knows of Yamato.

Also, his DT doesn't activate until after he dies, and maybe that's the chance Vergil needed - to take over while Nero was out - to resurrect Yamato and manifest himself in some way (which would be the DT figure behind Nero).

If you consider that when Sanctus woke up after Dante shot him, his eyes were red and demonic powers resurrected him due to the ascension ceremony (maybe he sold his soul to the devil?)

Same thing with Nero, he wakes up with red eyes and a big powerful blast of demonic power, with a DT to boot, BUT he wasn't part of any ceremony or evil deals, so having heard Vergil speak to him, it can only BE Vergil who kinda saves him from certain death.

And again, the DT spontaneously activates when Nero later faces Dante and he gets dealt a painful blow. Kind of like Vergil stepping up to defend his vessel?

Maybe Dante knew? Why else would he leave Yamato with Nero? I mean, the twins would fight like dog and dog, but they still had their moments where they would showcase some sort of feeling for the other (aside from anger and hate and spite). Dante wouldn't take Yamato away from Vergil, and I don't think he would give it away to a kid he just met (however brave and honourable he might be).

So my original theory about Vergil and Nero is shot down by this one, because this one seems the more logical and sensible theory. BUT I DID say that Vergil was making his comeback in DMC5. I think he's using Nero as a temporary vessel, until he's powerful enough to exist on his own. ^_^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
*muttermumblegrumble*

I don't WANT Vergil to come back. He's had his part.

It would be better if Nero had manifested this power on his own. That way the possession theory wouldn't work. Because let's face it, if Nero's "possessed", he'd be acting like Vergil. He clearly doesn't.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I certainly hope the vessel theory proves to be right.As long as it isn't a Vergil Reincarnation or Vergil's son theory I'm ok.Yet go full throttle with Sparda reincarnations.

As for Vergil,yes when he was 10,13...when it was that Eva died,a million minions chased him to the graveyard under his daddy's statue and run him through with spears and swords and fianlly with good old Yamato.Then his DT awakens and...

Well,you can guess the badassery Vergil layed down to the 1000 minions.And he gained his trademark hair style and style.And destroyed the graveyard.Oh,yeah.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Devil Bane;247525 said:
I certainly hope the vessel theory proves to be right.As long as it isn't a Vergil Reincarnation or Vergil's son theory I'm ok.Yet go full throttle with Sparda reincarnations.

As for Vergil,yes when he was 10,13...when it was that Eva died,a million minions chased him to the graveyard under his daddy's statue and run him through with spears and swords and fianlly with good old Yamato.Then his DT awakens and...

Well,you can guess the badassery Vergil layed down to the 1000 minions.And he gained his trademark hair style and style.And destroyed the graveyard.Oh,yeah.

THATS HOW THAT HAPPENED? and the vessel theory doesnt sound 2 bad either...u guyz make me look dumb...

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Yup,DMC3 manga Volume 2 Vergil.Official as hell.[Lame pun inteneded.]

As for a fighter...hell no.However a DMC 3D fighting side game would be fun.But I hope not,since Capcom is likely to shove it down our throats in Street Fighter style.

Top Bottom