• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil can't fly theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Yeah yeah, I know DMC3 is too old for theories, but hey, it gives me something to do on a Sunday. XD

Ok anyways, it's obvious that Vergil can not fly in DMC3. (Dispite the fact that he has 4 wings) Now I had brushed this off as capcom not having time, or just didn't feel like it. But I think I have a theory that may sound more acceptable.

My theory is...Dante can't fly either!

"WTF are you talking about b**ch!? Of course he can fly!"

Chill! You didn't give me a chance to finish. Think about it. Dante has wings, they hang loosely untill he jumps and they stiffen up. But what happens it you jump from something and press R1 and x? (I think those are the ones you press.) His wings pop up and it holds him in the air longer, but he always sinks surely.

Ya know why that happens? Cause his wings are too undeveloped and weak to hold him up. He can't fly untill he has Nevan's help. With her, his wings become stronger and allow him to fly, but that's ONLY with her help, otherwise, you press x in DT without her and he'll just sink again. (Also a theory on why air raid is so f**king expensive. >_>)

Vergil never has Nevan, therefore he can never fly in the game.

...Hehe, just a silly theory.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I think that both of them can fly. It's just that it is not needed in the game. You could be right that in DMC3 their flying abilities/wings are still on a short level, therefore they don't/can't fly.

But when they matured - DMC1 they could fly.
Dante flied in his battle with Mundus while Vergil in the final showdown with Dante.

Still good one, Vergilissexy;)

Chrysander

I agree, in DMC3, Dante can only fly with Nevan, so it only makes sense that Vergil can't fly either. I don't think Nevan is really Vergil's style, I think that if he had it, he wouldn't play it, he'd just smash enemies with it.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Hehe, who knows. In a bonus pic they have a picture of him doing a rock concert along side of Dante. He seems really into the guitar. I know it's just bonus art, but mabey capcom did that to give us an idea. ^^

But ya know if Vergil wasn't into it, I doubt Nevan would have became a guitar for him. She's been in TMG for last 2000 years how the heck does she know what an eletric guitar is? I think the only reason she's knows is because she wanted to take a form that was pleasing to her master.(Dante) So she probably looked deep inside of him or something.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Vergil with a scythe? Hmmmmmm, how bout an eletric bow with unlimited arrows or energy? He does seem into the ancient asian way of fighting.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I thought it since some of the Swordsmaster's moves with Nevan make it look like a scythe.
I don't see the need of a bow though. He has his Phandom Swords.;)

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
You know when you said air raid is too expensive?
Well, I replay all the missions, get A's in them, and collect my bounty of red orbs. Easy. Then, I save them up. So, at the moment, I have all A's for easy, just 3 B's, and I have 187,000 red orbs. Or maybe more.

Chrysander

That's an interesting idea that Nevan would change into something else... as for her not knowing what a guitar is, she does have loud speakers in her room, so I think she does know something about new technology (not sure how, or how those speakers got there...). I always thought that she could only turn into a guitar, but yeah maybe she just decided on that form at the time.

If that were true, hmm what else would she choose for Vergil... Maybe some sort of spear, with holes in it like a flute, so depending on where you put your fingers while you swing it, it makes a different pitch of whistle / moan? It could make some nasty echoey demonic whine, it could be quite sinister. Hey I think that's a cool idea! It could still have electricity and bats.

adityafunda

demons will cry
vergil can't fly.
He can't do a air hike either.
atleast with gauntlets, this option should have been there. if dante can concentrate magical energy beneath, why not vergil.
though, it can be argued that he can teleport above his place, so what's the need of air hike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom