• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vegans

ZeroLove

Having done a degree in biology about ten years ago, I'd have said not. That was before my mum (who is a university botanist) brought this plant home called the "sensitive plant". I think we were having a disagreement about whether or not plants can feel anything and she wanted to prove it's possible for them to feel touch.

The sensitive plant can feel when you touch it, and it moves. So although it doesn't have nerves or muscles like animal tissues, it definitely has something to feel with, and it can feel the slightest touch. It can also react instantly to it. I got told.

A ticklish plant!!! XD
That's freaking awesome. I want one!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
It's amazing... I think i've seen that plant before (on tv, not irl).
I wonder if its a 'defensive' reaction?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Apparently it is, yeah. The leaves are all waxy and smooth on the underside and when the plant reacts, it folds the leaves up so the underside is on the outside. And the branches the leaves are on droop down too. Then any insects crawling on the leaves that would try to eat them usually slip and fall off.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Only issue I have with vegans is when they try to impose that diet on very young children - it's simply too unhealthy for a growing baby to be fed on vegan-friendly products only. I believe that it should be your choice, where possible, what diet you elect to follow. If I had the ability to eat properly I most likely wouldn't have meat in my diet but that's largely because it's so expensive now. But I would never get upset with someone over their dietary habits unless those habits where harmful to them or others.

ZeroLove

Only issue I have with vegans is when they try to impose that diet on very young children - it's simply too unhealthy for a growing baby to be fed on vegan-friendly products only. I believe that it should be your choice, where possible, what diet you elect to follow. If I had the ability to eat properly I most likely wouldn't have meat in my diet but that's largely because it's so expensive now. But I would never get upset with someone over their dietary habits unless those habits where harmful to them or others.

I feel the same way with religion. Kids should be able to choose when they are old enough to understand what it is all about and not be forced into it, because of the parents.

Top Bottom