• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

USB door on 360 Faceplate

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Okay, so a was doing some usb stuff on the 360 the other day when I noticed the door hadn't closed.
I pulled the faceplate off and hinged dropped out into my hand.
I set aside the little peg that holds the spring in place, but some idiot threw it in the bin. :mad:

Anyway, is there a way to fix it using 'improvised' tools. (eg a toothpick, a bit of glue and some string?)

I've looked at youtube and they say about reattaching the door if it falls off, but the door is still attached.
I can't get a new faceplate.(Game sold out, Gaming shops in the county are few and far between and most on ebay are paypal/blooming expensive.)

If anyone can help, it is appreciated and gratefully received.
Thanks

Dark Drakan

Admin
Okay, so a was doing some usb stuff on the 360 the other day when I noticed the door hadn't closed.
I pulled the faceplate off and hinged dropped out into my hand.
I set aside the little peg that holds the spring in place, but some idiot threw it in the bin. :mad:

Anyway, is there a way to fix it using 'improvised' tools. (eg a toothpick, a bit of glue and some string?)

I've looked at youtube and they say about reattaching the door if it falls off, but the door is still attached.
I can't get a new faceplate.(Game sold out, Gaming shops in the county are few and far between and most on ebay are paypal/blooming expensive.)

If anyone can help, it is appreciated and gratefully received.
Thanks

I did the same with my old one, I did a temporary fix with a cut paper clip and a spring but then just put my old faceplate back on before I got a new better one.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
i've just tried the cut paper clip and i can't get anywhere... it's so damn fiddly... you must've had the patience of a saint

I can't take the little metal bit off without breaking the plate.

Dark Drakan

Admin
i've just tried the cut paper clip and i can't get anywhere... it's so damn fiddly... you must've had the patience of a saint

I can't take the little metal bit off without breaking the plate.

Its fiddly and a pain but got there in the end, just have to angle it right and bend it into place. Its not a major piece though just looks a little odd without it.

Top Bottom