• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

US release date?

Mobfigurz

It wouldnt be in Summer, if Europe gets it Late Autumn(Fall), it would most likely appear in the US after that, possibly during Autumn or even Winter

Steven

That-Damn-Good
October the 1st is the Worldwide release date. Well, that is the guessed date, however they don't want to set a Deadline for the release just yet. :) That is the date so far anyway.

Arwen

Lost Soul
I heard it's been pushed back until next year. I so hope it's wrong though. That's for both DMC4 launches.

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
None of you will be as angry as me... I nearly destroyed my own home in anger when this other game I always wanted came too late... no joke guys, don't EVER f-uck around with me, ya hear me?!

Fallen Angel

Devil Hunter
don't know if this has much to do wiv this thread
but the japanese and u.s version of the ps3
u can play ps2 games on it.But on the english version
you can't. I thought i might tell you this because
i have some ps2 games that I would like to hang on to.
dmcSE,resident evil4 and a few others.
are ps3's really worth buying just 4 a few games?
if ure gonna get 1,try 2 find out how 2 get a foreign
1.i know it's hard but it'll be much better.

Mobfigurz

Dante's wrath;22338 said:
don't know if this has much to do wiv this thread
but the japanese and u.s version of the ps3
u can play ps2 games on it.But on the english version
you can't. I thought i might tell you this because
i have some ps2 games that I would like to hang on to.
dmcSE,resident evil4 and a few others.
are ps3's really worth buying just 4 a few games?
if ure gonna get 1,try 2 find out how 2 get a foreign
1.i know it's hard but it'll be much better.

Dude, your completely wrong.

This is the situation:

The North American, Asian, basically, all the PS3's released before March 23rd, meaning all but the European one's have the PS2 Emotion Chip inside them, to enable people to play PS2 games, in other words, to enable Backwards Compatibility.
The European PS3's wont have the PS2 Emotion chip inside them, instead the BC emulation will be handled by Software, there is no real downside to this, keep in mind that the Software can be updated as more titles are added to the BC list, via Firmware updates. Currently its said that over 1000 PS2 games can be played on the Euro PS3, when they add more to that list a firmware update will enable them on your PS3.

As for the PS3's released prior to March 23rd, all the US, Japanese ones, will have the Emulation taken over by Software also, even though they have the Emotion Chip, Sony believes it better to allow the Software to deal with that process. So even though they have the Chip, there is no advantage to having the US or Japanese PS3, infact, if you live in Europe, DO NOT get a foreign PS3 as you WONT be able to play your PAL PS2 games on them.

The PS3 is Region Locked on DVD's, Blu-Ray Movies and PS2 games, the only thing that is Region Free are PS3 games, so you can buy JPN or US games and play them without worrying.

I have a US PS3 and I cant play my DMC series on it, so I have to keep my PS2 hooked up to play them, thats a pain in the *** cos I just wanna put that shyt away ^_^

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
Release Date:10/01/2007
for PS3 and Xbox 360 launch

this is what 1UP says
the release dates are going to be

Arwen

Lost Soul
Here's all the release dates for the PS3.

Release Date:
US: Q4 2007
Japan: December 30, 2007
Europe: November 17, 2007

Top Bottom