• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Upgrading Vergil, Trish & Lady for if a DMC5: SE's made

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Wonder if there's any way to upgrade Vergil, Trish & Lady when they're playable again.

• Vergil: He needs a new upgrade in order to keep up with his brother. New weaponry & maybe gain new demonic powers since his time as Urizen.
  • Trish: Since Sparda's now part of Dante's new sword, maybe she can get Alastor as her new sword.
  • Lady: She lost both her rocket launchers to Dante while he went after Vergil & with both brothers now in the demon world, new firearms & artillery?

windleopard

* Vergil could maybe inherit the Dopplganger system from Dante (he does use a similar ability in his fight with Nero in 5). I don't know what other weapons he could use.
* Alastor and/or Nevan would be fitting for Trish. Apparently, Dante pawned them off to pay his debts but I suppose Trish could get them back.
* With Nico around, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficutl for Lady to get new weapons.

Sean Gow

By the time DMC4 Special Edition came out, I was fed up of Vergil.

The problem with Vergil is that he’s become so protected by the fan base that Capcom are terrified to do anything with him that is anything different from what we’re used to.

The way Dante gets switched up with each game, Vergil just keeps getting the same old stuff, Yamato, Force Edge and Beowulf.

I love the things they added and the things they took from DmC for DMC4SE don’t get me wrong.

But we’ve got to a point where it’s like Capcom are scared to give him any more weapons because anything outside of 2 swords and a set of Gauntlets he found when he was 18 seems radically out of character for him.

I’d love it if they did something like Dante’s swords from DMC5 the way they can act on their own accord, or be used without him even moving.

I actually suggested this AGES ago because of Alucard in the Castlevania anime. The way he fought with his sword without even having to move or touch it. It would be so cool to see Vergil commanding Yamato without even moving.

The thing with Vergil is, they are only able to use weapons for him which seem ‘Graceful’ because of his discipline and stuff.

If they gave him a whip similar to Gabriel Belmont’s, but with the depth of DMC combat, that would still be in keeping with his nature I think.

I actually loved what they did in DmC where instead of giving him loads of crazy weapons like they did for Dante’s Angel and Demon form, they just gave him blisteringly fast angel attacks, and devastatingly heavy demon attacks.

They were smart with doing that because it was in keeping with the story, and they didn’t betray his nature we’d all grown so fond of.

I think they should definitely give him some new weapons.

Devil Sword Vergil is a no brainier. This NEEDS to happen.

A normal devil trigger,

Sin Devil Trigger (Which seems like it could actually just be his normal devil trigger now since the month spend as Urizen made him so strong)

Oh and some Urizen powers.
Maybe an ability to turn into him when health is low?

In regards to Lady, I think this has been touched upon quite well, Nico could just be her weapon vendor and she could just make all kinds of crazy stuff for her.

Trishes combat was insane in DMC4 I loved it!
If they just carried on down that same route but expanded on her move set I think that would be great!

On a side note, I dunno if anyone remembers this, but when you unlock Trish in DMC2, she controls like DMC1 Dante and it made the game so much more enjoyable. It FELT like playing DMC1. I feel like the DMC1 Dante costume might’ve also been the same but I could just be making that up

Trish combat in DMC4 was great, they should follow in those lines and expand her move set.

My main issue is Vergil. I think Capcom have dug themselves a grave with him and don’t know how to climb out.

Top Bottom