• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Update coming along with BP

8BitHero

Scrub
The one you used in your recent video? I was doing that for the past hour or so..so much fun. Super Dante!
On my mission 5 video, yeah.
The problem in my video is you need to the Sky Grab glitch over the bridge. Where you break down the wall there is an invisible box around that area. So if you do the Fly glitch you won't be able to fly past the entire bridge. Instead you have to glitch over it. Breaking the wall if the fists then deactivate the invisible border of that bridge section.

AKheon managed to improve the Angel Glide glitch. No need for a wall. Since it's recent, then I dunno if NT caught to the latest version.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
On my mission 5 video, yeah.
The problem in my video is you need to the Sky Grab glitch over the bridge. Where you break down the wall there is an invisible box around that area. So if you do the Fly glitch you won't be able to fly past the entire bridge. Instead you have to glitch over it. Breaking the wall if the fists then deactivate the invisible border of that bridge section.

AKheon managed to improve the Angel Glide glitch. No need for a wall. Since it's recent, then I dunno if NT caught to the latest version.
How do you do that one?

8BitHero

Scrub
How do you do that one?
From description.
This version of Infinite Glide doesn't require enemies or walls, is quick to set up and has a ****-easy timing as well. Basically, start charging either E&I or Revenant charge shot, then release it at a correct moment as you do Glide. There's a moment near the start of a charge shot charging where break-outs can happen.

I devised this quick, pretty reliable timing for it where I start charging the shot during a normal evade, then jump and Glide, releasing the shot right around I press X for Glide.

From quick timing, this platforming skip should save at least 13 seconds for a speedrun.
I still haven't got it down consistently yet.

DarkSlayer54

I still have no clue why they would want to patch the infinite glide. Would someone seriously be able to land themselves on the leaderboards by speeding through levels?

GregaMan

So in light of these changes, who is of the opinion that it would be appropriate to reset the leaderboards? Other opinions? I'm trying to gauge the general vibe on the subject. So far it seems like most people feel it would be appropriate or have no particular opinion.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
So in light of these changes, who is of the opinion that it would be appropriate to reset the leaderboards? Other opinions? I'm trying to gauge the general vibe on the subject. So far it seems like most people feel it would be appropriate or have no particular opinion.
Hey it's Greg! My opinion, keep it as is.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda

Considering the PSN Leaderboard hacking incident, I thought it would be fair to reset the boards to reflect and allow for fresh fair competition again.

I still ask if it's possible to opt out of this "patch" because a couple of the supposed fixes look more like "vocal minority QQ" that made me so frustrated whever there was a hotfix back on wow.

GregaMan

Well, I don't think the devs would tweak anything they didn't feel was in the interest of the product. In regards to your question though, I assume you won't be able play online if you decline to dl the patch, but I would imagine you'd still be able to play offline. Not sure how that usually works.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Well, I don't think the devs would tweak anything they didn't feel was in the interest of the product.

Eh, removing style points gain from parries and perfect dodges seems like removing a lot of the "stylish play" element IMO, and I thought Demon Dodge was suppose to be an OP feature since you had to buy it as an upgrade and learn the timing. I suppose most of my question is, are you forced to Dl the patch in order to get Palace and Downfall(which I have free from gameStop preorder), or is it an option to ignore?

GregaMan

Ah. Fair question. I believe but am not certain (so please don't quote me) BPM and the patch are lumped together as one update, so you might be outta luck there =\ I'll let you know if I hear otherwise.

I don't believe "removing style points gain from parries" is on the list, though--personal opinion--I wouldn't mind seeing a bigger boost for parries. Not sure what it earns you currently but I recall it not being enough to particularly encourage lots of parries, despite the scientific fact that they are quite rad-looking. Also, that's a "lessened" style boost for Demon Evading, not a removal.

I have some of the highest scores on the PC leaderboard and I wouldn't mind a reset even though I think we've already gotten this patch, but if there are even more changes than ya, I don't think its a big deal.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Okay, because one of the lists said there was an adjustment of the parry window on Rages' spin attack, and then also that non-damaging point gains(which I assumed were dodges and parries) were being removed. if it's not that bad and DD isn't being as nerfed as implied, not so irked. ...I just like feeling totally BA after doing a perfect dodge and smashing somethings face in to great style reward. XD

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
It would be a good idea to reset the leader boards, it's not like they are firmly set for a long time or anything.

Nessy

No, it isn't easy. It isn't extremely hard either like Nero's perfect rev. The average person would not be able to consistently perform it.

Nothing in this game can be like Nero's perfect Rev, it has a much larger time frame of which to do so. For a start, max act is a single frame, which is 1/60 of a second, 1 frame in DMC would only be 1/30 of a second, still twice the time.

And to be honest, I can demon dodge almost 100% of the time, that is not hyperbole, quite literally I only ever miss it on occasion, and it is basically an instant kill for pretty much any enemy even on DMD. The hunter boss dies within like 2 seconds of a demon dodge and DT from 100% health. It's easy, overpowered and ridiculous. I have seen people on youtube simply stand still and wait to be attacked, then dodge and wipe out 5 enemies in like 2 seconds.

Saying a game is like WoW because it is patched? Got to be one of the stupidest things I've heard on this forum, apart from patches mainly being for fixes which this game sorely needs, pretty much every modern game receives patches. DMC4 on the PC had patches which removed bugs and exploits.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
CONSOLE games typically don't get "nerf and buff" hotfixes, online PC games do. So yes, comparing it to my experiance wit hthe same kinds of costant "user response" patches that were typicaly "Paladins/Warlocks/Hunters are OP! NERF THEM ALL!", is apt in my case. It may not be the same result, but it called back those memories of rolling my eyes every time it happened

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well that fixes 35% of the game's problem bump it up 75% and I'll probably buy it at a price of $40.....til then waiting for a $30 price drop.

Lets see what else to fix:

• Color-coded enemies bullsh*t (not remove it just fix it so they take less damage)
  • Add taunting (it can work, Tameem is just being a b*tch)
  • This game still has a fair amount of other bugs and glitches (enemies getting stucked in walls)
  • Make falling automatically kill you on harder difficulty settings (not just H&H modes) it actually adds more danger to the combat
  • Vergil boss fight too has the freezing thing like Poison...so yeah fix that
  • Fix the boss fights at least like give Hunter more health bars cause the dude can get one-shotted on any difficulty like crazy, make Mundus's Spawn regain a full health bar after getting up from Dante beating up his mommy and reduce the time Lilith stays out to receive her beating, Mundus....OH GOD does his boss fight need a lot of fixing...first his health bar suffers from Hunter's problem too cause even if he has 1 for each body part. Overall its just these boss health and damage input it's like they have less health than even average enemies cause most enemies can outlive a Demon Dodge Powered Up Level 3 OverDrive and even an Arbiter strike. Make the bosses do more damage and change their behavior to be less predictable and more aggressive cause the Vergil boss fight was literally wasn't aggressive or fierce like any of his DMC3 boss fights at all. Make the bosses less slow and more quick when they pull an attack.
  • Also deal with Osiris, Prop and Shredder parry window cause with that you can parry anything.....NO EVERYTHING...or almost everything with ease.

Top Bottom