• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unpopular opinions. Anime edition: What anime you hate but everyone else loves?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It is the holy grail, the pinnacle of the terrible, cliche anime.

SWORD ART ONLINE
A bunch of stupid people play a virtual video game where your mind is literally in the game. The main creator goes nuts for no reason and traps people within the game forever, unless they beat all 100 floors of the game. If the people on the outside world attempt to get the 'nervgear' off of their heads, DEY WUL DIE! OH NOES, NOT THE BLAND CHARACTERS! Which is completely stupid considering the fact that no one with a ******* brain, the police or the god damn government, can track down a single man WHO IS RUNNING THIS **** FROM A COMPUTER.

The bland male character then runs around collecting anything remotely vagina shaped and...yeah.

Kirito- Bland, male character who has no feelings and is every weaboo/otaku's self-portrayal. Wears only black and has two, 'spushal swoords' that no one else has in the game. He gains a special skill that no one else has, which is bullshiit considering the fact THAT MMO'S DO NOT WORK THAT WAY. I swear, this guy is like the wannabe version of Guts.

Asuna- A once badass and mysterious female character, reduced to a 'I'm worthless and weak without my bf!'

(insert dumb and cliche characters right here.)
So, kinda like .Hack just more awful.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Blackswipe, you can't deny that Sword Art Online's premise is interesting especially the first episode and second episode which are really great. It goes downhill in episode 4 beyond and the fact Asuna became that typical damsell in distress made me hate the show even more. Oh, and not to mention Kirito ripping off Gut's famous moniker and becoming a full blown Gary Stu.

The Nerve gear is actually an interesting plot device and heck there are actually many people who even hate sword art online who wants for the nerve gear to exist. Nerve gear is basically a helmet where you can enter Virtual Reality and where you can control your own avatar or player. It's basically like you're literally playing the game itself.

Okay, maybe I took a my rage a little bit too far. Sorry about that. :blush:

Yes, the premise of the anime is great. And so is the nervgear.

I would love for something that interesting to exist in the real world.

I'm just so frustrated with how downhill it went after the first two episodes.

Top Bottom