• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unpopular opinions. Anime edition: What anime you hate but everyone else loves?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ok, before this starts I would like you to all just respect each other's opinions. Let's not degenerate this. I'll start of course.

I HATE NEON GENESIS EVANGELION.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is freaking stupid. If you don't know what it is I got a description in a nut shell. It's about a teenager who pilots a giant robot to fight monsters trying to destroy the world doing everything it can to make that concept "deep."

For the most part it's just pretentious and nonsensical filled with the most mentally damaged cast since One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. But I guess it's just 2Deep4me. I think this show proves angst doesn't make for good writing. It's severely overrated.

Other ones I hate and everyone else seems to enjoy.
-Naruto (totally retarded. I watched and read it when I was younger. Ugh. I don't know why I even did. Hate it with a passion.)
-Bleach (some characters are ok but for the most part this is stupid)
-One Piece (some of the character designs are fairly interesting and original but, I just can't get in to it.)

Discuss and keep it chilled. Don't make me get the belt.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Not everyone loves NGE its only meant for people who enjoy crappy mecha+teen angst+pseudo psychology in one package.

Its just like hellsing for mech fans.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Sword Art Online.

Terrible piece of **** with wish fulfillment characters, plot holes, character inconsistencies, horrible pacing, anything horrible in storytelling and characterization. Yet people act as if this the second coming of Cowboy bebop :/

I also have been wondering why Evangelion is so popular then i decided to watch the reboot films and i thought it was good. It's not that pretentious but then again i haven't watched the original to give my full opinion on it. All i can say is that people especially fans says that there is a deeper meaning behind evangelion and the movie, End of Evangelion is one of those. End of Evangelion is said to be one big mind f*ck.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Sword Art Online.

Terrible piece of **** with wish fulfillment characters, plot holes, character inconsistencies, horrible pacing, anything horrible in storytelling and characterization. Yet people act as if this the second coming of Cowboy bebop :/

I also have been wondering why Evangelion is so popular then i decided to watch the reboot films and i thought it was good. It's not that pretentious but then again i haven't watched the original to give my full opinion on it. All i can say is that people especially fans says that there is a deeper meaning behind evangelion and the movie, End of Evangelion is one of those. End of Evangelion is said to be one big mind f*ck.
Oh dude I think it's totally pretentious. I can not put enough emphasis on the quotes when I say "deep." It's just nonsensical and poorly written. I swear also every story of Evangelion not by Anno is an attempt just to make the main character less of a pu$$y. I hate that stupid emo kid. You think if he would just get laid he might not be so depressed all the time. Also, you're the pilot of a giant f#cking robot. To me not being the least bit excited about something like that is like someone who's frowning on a wave runner. Yea, they don't exist.

I don't even want to see those movies. I just despise this show. It's just stupid. I'm all for stories that try to have substance but Evangelion I swear the guy writing it thinks angst is a good thing to carry a show with and it's like after every sentence he's itching for someone to ask him what it means. All that symbolism and sh!t. It's "deep and meaningful."

You're a terrible f#cking writer and your series is just retarded. It's impressive to make a show about giant robots vs. giant monsters terrible. I saw a bit of one of the movies and I came in on a part where Shinji was literally jerking off over a comatose Asuka. ........2Deep4me :ermm:

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
SWORD ART ONLINE.

I cannot understand the appeal of this anime. This is a wish-fulfillment anime created for lonely teenage-adults who want to fantisize about being in a video game, attracting anything remotely girl shaped, and being over-powered as ****.

I once had a person try to tell me that Kirito could easily beat Guts from Berserk.
I wanted to snap his neck in two.

BLACKSWIPE

everybody loves naruto and bleach...WHY!?!

Both of them throw a HUGE roster of characters at you, you're bound to like at least one of them

And the story-concepts are fairly unique and original too. While I'm not defending either one of them, they do (to a certain degree) deserve their fan-bases.

I for one enjoy Bleach, though Bleach has also done it's part to deserve the hate. Fights are often dragged out to a DBZ level, and the fillers. Oh god the fillers.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Both of them throw a HUGE roster of characters at you, you're bound to like at least one of them

And the story-concepts are fairly unique and original too. While I'm not defending either one of them, they do (to a certain degree) deserve their fan-bases.

I for one enjoy Bleach, though Bleach has also done it's part to deserve the hate. Fights are often dragged out to a DBZ level, and the fillers. Oh god the fillers.

DBZ is good to a certain degree. so is bleach and naruto. but after certain number of episodes, it gets overwhelming and its bad for people who are just getting into that series because they have to go from square one, then movie one, then they get confuzzled and its brain wave pandemonium

aoshi

Full metal alchemist.

Please don't hate me.

I don't hate it but don't quite get the appeal from it. >_<

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Full metal alchemist.

Please don't hate me.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was one I liked. I never got in to the first series all too much but Brotherhood was so much better.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

Kakashi, Neji, and Rock Lee were the only characters that I thought were ok. As for Bleach Kenpachi is a badass but he's like hardly in it. I would rather watch a series about him. I think the original inception of Bleach would have made a better show. Rukia was originally suppose to be the main character.

The only other good thing about Bleach is Yoruichi. She's sexy as hell. I think it's because she looks rather different from other anime girls with the darker complexion and all. She's fine.

And Bleach has too much filler and puts it in the stupidest of places. I don't get it. They'll have a big fight about to happen then switch to some random story totally dropping the previous story like nothing happened only to go back to it oblivious to the filler you just saw. It's pretty stupid.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I only hate Full Metal Alchemist for one of episodes what i seen on polish anime/gaming channel called hyper, maybe for mine hate or dislike of blood, as In that particular episode as I don't remeber its name was references that an Philosopher Stone in this series was been suppoused based on blood of innoncent. This episode maybe gives me disgust when I see maybe original FMA episodes as for Brotherhood I have nothing wrong to write.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I only hate Full Metal Alchemist for one of episodes what i seen on polish anime/gaming channel called hyper, maybe for mine hate or dislike of blood, as In that particular episode as I don't remeber its name was references that an Philosopher Stone in this series was been suppoused based on blood of innoncent. This episode maybe gives me disgust when I see maybe original FMA episodes as for Brotherhood I have nothing wrong to write.
To make a Philosopher's Stone you have to sacrifice a sh!t ton of people. That's why it's one of those taboo things.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Full metal alchemist.

Please don't hate me.

i totally get it. but it depends on where you start from. i started from the middle and didn't know what was going on at all, but i still think its a great show. i tried to watch it from the beginning but it was soooooooooooo boooooorreeeiiinng

BLACKSWIPE

I just want a badass female character,

Who isn't dressed like a stripper and has bowling balls shoved in her chest.

One of the reasons why I love FMAB (Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood), and Attack On Titan.

I just want an anime where I can actually watch it and see a female character actually BE a badass, without being there simply for creepy fan service or to be the 'useless girl for generic guy-b with cool powers to save.'

Which is another reason why I despise Sword Art Online. Asuna was actually looking like a cool, badass and female character who could have been the badass female rival. But instead she becomes inferior and a stupid character who must be saved every eight seconds, before being shoved into a giant ****!ng cage and molested by Mr. Fairy Queen.

Meg

SWORD ART ONLINE.

I cannot understand the appeal of this anime. This is a wish-fulfillment anime created for lonely teenage-adults who want to fantisize about being in a video game, attracting anything remotely girl shaped, and being over-powered as ****.

I once had a person try to tell me that Kirito could easily beat Guts from Berserk.
I wanted to snap his neck in two.
Okay, what kind of name is Sword Art Online? That sounds like a website for swords. Or maybe people cutting designs into wood with swords?

And you do realize you just described a ton of animes, right? :lol:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Okay, what kind of name is Sword Art Online? That sounds like a website for swords. Or maybe people cutting designs into wood with swords?

And you do realize you just described a ton of animes, right? :lol:
I don't know what Sword Art Online is but when I heard it I thought it was some video game or something.

BLACKSWIPE

I don't know what Sword Art Online is but when I heard it I thought it was some video game or something.
It is the holy grail, the pinnacle of the terrible, cliche anime.

SWORD ART ONLINE
A bunch of stupid people play a virtual video game where your mind is literally in the game. The main creator goes nuts for no reason and traps people within the game forever, unless they beat all 100 floors of the game. If the people on the outside world attempt to get the 'nervgear' off of their heads, DEY WUL DIE! OH NOES, NOT THE BLAND CHARACTERS! Which is completely stupid considering the fact that no one with a ****ing brain, the police or the god damn government, can track down a single man WHO IS RUNNING THIS **** FROM A COMPUTER.

The bland male character then runs around collecting anything remotely vagina shaped and...yeah.

Kirito- Bland, male character who has no feelings and is every weaboo/otaku's self-portrayal. Wears only black and has two, 'spushal swoords' that no one else has in the game. He gains a special skill that no one else has, which is bullshiit considering the fact THAT MMO'S DO NOT WORK THAT WAY. I swear, this guy is like the wannabe version of Guts.

Asuna- A once badass and mysterious female character, reduced to a 'I'm worthless and weak without my bf!'

(insert dumb and cliche characters right here.)

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Blackswipe, you can't deny that Sword Art Online's premise is interesting especially the first episode and second episode which are really great. It goes downhill in episode 4 beyond and the fact Asuna became that typical damsell in distress made me hate the show even more. Oh, and not to mention Kirito ripping off Gut's famous moniker and becoming a full blown Gary Stu.

The Nerve gear is actually an interesting plot device and heck there are actually many people who even hate sword art online who wants for the nerve gear to exist. Nerve gear is basically a helmet where you can enter Virtual Reality and where you can control your own avatar or player. It's basically like you're literally playing the game itself.

Top Bottom