• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unofficial DMC Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.

OriginalOutcast

As Many of you Know when a franchise becomes potentially or hugely successful or causes a surgence in popularity it can either spawn Imitators or merchandise ideas even outside of their respective licensed companies.

images

I came across some interesting stuff recently on ebay. Apparently I discovered that there's already some beautifully made yet Unofficial Devil May Cry Merchandise Ranging from Mousepads, Custom Zippo Lighters and T-shirts to even Custom Skin Decals for your respective game systems.

53-21.jpg

I'm not supporting or promoting spam or anything like that, I'm simply asking what's everyones thoughts on this?

S1RKA

Pass on the shirt, but The Custom PS3 is a sweet Idea. Why didn't capcom think of this?

OriginalOutcast

S1RKA;248737 said:
Pass on the shirt, but The Custom PS3 is a sweet Idea. Why didn't capcom think of this?

It's a Decal Skin, I actually have one of these but I did hear they officially made a Xbox 360 Faceplate that's DMC4 Themed.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I've got a couple of shirts I'm certain are unlicensed. One of Ebony & Ivory and another of Dante (not the one shown above although I have seen that one about too).

I don't really mind if someone makes some good art and happens to sell it to fans at CAPCOM's potential expense - it's not like CAPCOM are short of cash. From what I hear in Japan it happens all the time and nobody cares. I.e. doujinshi, selling cosplay costumes, fanart commission, etc. etc. all part of the fan culture. In fact, I hear there is no such copyright law there that prevents a fan from making a doujinshi or a t-shirt based on another idea... although I'll need to confirm that.

aoshi

OMG, I so want that T-Shirt. I have thought of one in red with rebellion on the back with few belts drawn around abdomen in black.
I am not sure of copy rights though. I don't think capcom would mind.

Eien

Shotgun
I'm fine with unlicensed DMC goods. I'll tell you why. Capcom barely gave the US and other westerners anything when the game came out. We got a crappy t shirt, wristbands, and a swank belt buckle.
Years ago Europe got the uber rare Diesel Dante courduroy jacket and Lucia's shearling jacket.

Over in Japan they got T shirts, hats, polo shirts, scarves, darts, Dante's official buckle, messenger bags, necklaces, and official Ebony and Ivory guns.

Prep for pic spam.
This is the shirt we got this time around.There are a couple other designs and they are equally bad. It's like they didn't ever try.
htshirt.jpg

These are the wrist bands.
IMG_5542.jpg

Now this is pretty cool. Totally swanky metal belt buckle with Ebony and Ivory on it.
dmcbuckle.jpg

After I saw the paltry set of fan goods we got and that atrocious t shirt I got fed up just made my own.
dmcshirt.jpg

OriginalOutcast

Eien I actually have that Belt Buckle along with a few other cool merchandise licensed and unlicensed. Also nice custom shirt. Somebody should make a thread where people can show off their DMC merchandise sometime.

OriginalOutcast

^I thought this was official?

I honestly dont even know if there's more than one type of this Slot machine was made or if it's an Official Product. I'd much rather see footage on youtube of somebody using one to determine if it uses sound clips & sound effects to fit the DMC motif.

fon

Crazy Chick
I honestly dont even know if there's more than one type of this Slot machine was made or if it's an Official Product. I'd much rather see footage on youtube of somebody using one to determine if it uses sound clips & sound effects to fit the DMC motif.

Well, there are some videos of it being used on youtube, so not fake. They even made an ad and website for it (I don't remember the link though, sorry).
Kinda cool that someone has it for sale, too bad i'm broke right now xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom