• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unlockable costumes?

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
I hope they keep the tradition of adding unlockable outfits in the latest DMC. I'm hoping that Dante and Nero will have at least as many as Dante and Vergil had in DMC3:SE.

For Dante, I'd like to see these:

DMC1 Dante (as usual)
LDK Dante (as usual)
DMC3 Dante - but not just the clothes, the younger Dante. It would be great to use the young Dante again (and I think DMC4 Dante would look weird with the topless look)
DMC2 Dante - I would love this, but I dont see it happening.
Vergil - If Vergil doesnt make it into the game (in his true Vergil form), and doesnt return as a playable character, I'd like to see a Vergil skin for Dante, since he can use Yamato anyway.

Nero - This could be interesting. I havent really thought about the possibilities for Nero's alternate looks, but it would be nice to at least have some form of 'Coatless' Nero.

So what are your thoughts? What would you like to see?

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I liked Dante's outfit from the first game. So I hope if they do give us unlockable costumes, that'll be one of'em. :]

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Coatless Nero is something that I would really like to see. Something that I thought would be interesting is if the devil spirit was in a physical state and Nero was the spirit that would be pretty cool.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
KingSwole;63359 said:
Something that I thought would be interesting is if the devil spirit was in a physical state and Nero was the spirit that would be pretty cool.

Now THAT would be something to see. :]

Chrysander

Yeah I think unlocking new costumes is fun and adds longevity to the game. I think it'd be cool if they just made up some cool other costumes, like a black coat, I think either of them would look cool in black. A vergil skin would be cool, but if they did that, presumably he wouldn't use Dante's guns and stuff.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Some really nice ideas :D this is one of the aspects I'm most excited about (in a strange way)

Chrysander;63376 said:
Yeah I think unlocking new costumes is fun and adds longevity to the game. I think it'd be cool if they just made up some cool other costumes, like a black coat, I think either of them would look cool in black. A vergil skin would be cool, but if they did that, presumably he wouldn't use Dante's guns and stuff.

I definitely agree about the longevity, I would happily play the game at least once over in every costume (which is what I did with all the other DMCs so far)

Black coats would be awesome, it would be interesting to see some new costume designs that aren't based on other things, just cool new outfits (which was what DMC2 did with Diesel gear). Maybe since Nero doesnt have some 'traditional' outfits they could go a bit wild with his designs.

As for the Vergil skin, I can understand why they could limit it to the DarkSlayer sytle (to make him more of a character than a skin) but it could also be fun to use Vergil with Dante's moves :D

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I'd like to have that DMC3 feature that when you changed to Sparda costume Lady changed in the white costume as well. It was nice addition although a bit pointless since you see her in gameplay only 2 times:p

If DMC4 shows some characters except Dante & Nero while playing I think it would be okay to see them with something else as well.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
I think it'd be cool to be able to play as Lady myself.. I'm kind of secretly hoping it will happen, but I doubt it really.

Devil Razer

Drifter
Topless nero would probably be quite weird IMO becuase. With his devil bringer he might look like a strange version o one of the nightmare costumes from soul calber 2. The arm would probably look too odd i think

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Hehe not topless, coatless. So just his vest/t-shirt or whatever. I just think having a costume without a coat makes it a little more varied.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
For Nero? Actually I think that would be awesome. A hood would probably really suit Nero. (Reminds me of Kingdom Hearts a little, with the Organisation XIII :p)

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I think one might be slinged Nero (you play with the Devil Bringer in a sling at the start of the game if I am not wrong) why? for the hardcore and people who might moan about it not being hard enough. See if they can get through the game with only one hand free. Its just a thought.

And I am really liking the white order costume idea.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
What costumes will these characters wear?

Nero's costumes:
Original costume
Coatless Nero
Unlimited Nero & Exceed
Nero-Vergil
Unlimited Nero-Vergil
Vergil
Unlimited Vergil

Dante's costumes:
Original costume
Coatless Dante
Unlimited Dante
DMC1 Dante
Super DMC1 Dante
Sparda Dante/Legendary Dark Knight
Super Legendary Dark Knight

What do you think?

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Ronin;65009 said:
What costumes will these characters wear?

Nero's costumes:
Original costume
Coatless Nero
Unlimited Nero & Exceed
Nero-Vergil
Unlimited Nero-Vergil
Vergil
Unlimited Vergil

Dante's costumes:
Original costume
Coatless Dante
Unlimited Dante
DMC1 Dante
Super DMC1 Dante
Sparda Dante/Legendary Dark Knight
Super Legendary Dark Knight

What do you think?

Hmm you might need to explain a couple, I'm not sure what you mean by Nero-Vergil. I assume by "Unlimited" you are talking about the Super costumes that have infinite DT?

I think most of them are quite likely (as they are similar to the unlockables from the previous games) but I would really like to see some new designs as well. Having old costumes, and Legendary Dark Knight are both nice, but I'd kill to see some totally new concepts - Dante in black leather springs to mind, lol.

Also, I would like to see Nero with a hooded costume (as I said before), and I also think it could be cool if he has a costume where he has the demonic eyes and aura from his DT :D

Dark Love

Order of R.L.C.
I think an unlockable DMC2 Dante is possible. I mean, DMC2 and DMC3 had the original DMC clothes as an unlockable, and this installment is to take place before DMC2, so it will only make sense. Also, if you look at how Dante's hair is cut in this game you can see that when it grows out it will look more like how his hair was(will be) in DMC2.

As for Nero, there are so many possibilities. I like the idea for the White Order costume... with hood. That or street clothes. Something somewhat like a gangsta. You know, with the headphones with the cord connected to his MP3 playa~!

Devil Razer

Drifter
Dunn if anybody thinks this is a good idea but how about a non DB constube for nero or total opposite a costum that was him in total deamon form like his DB

Top Bottom