• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Underwhlming/ Overwhelming boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
From the series what were the bosses that you found hardest or most disappointing.

Most overwhelming: Mundus 2/ Arkham

Most underwhelming: Neffasteurrus (or whatever it's called from DMC2 level 6), Arius (all forms, Gigapede

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Most overwhelming boss: Probably Cerberus or Vergil (the third encounter with him). I sometimes have trouble with the both of them when I'm unprepared. First time I played through Devil May Cry 3 on Dante Must Die difficulty though, Cerberus handed my backside back to me a dozen times. ^_^

Most underwhelming boss: Possibly Greyon or Doppleganger from Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening. Both of whom I thought were a bit crap.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
devilmaycry;42822 said:
Most overwhelming boss: Probably Cerberus or Vergil (the third encounter with him). I sometimes have trouble with the both of them when I'm unprepared. First time I played through Devil May Cry 3 on Dante Must Die difficulty though, Cerberus handed my backside back to me a dozen times. ^_^

Most underwhelming boss: Possibly Greyon or Doppleganger from Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening. Both of whom I thought were a bit crap.

Strange...
I didn't have too much trouble with Cerberus.
Vergil 3 was quite hard and I agree that Doppleganger and Greyon were bosses for babies.

I just hate it in the Arkham battle when Vergil comes. Don't get me wrong, he's alright but all of the real damage comes form you and his presence doesn't compensate for the loss of style moves and DT. Especially on DMD.

I was half expecting you to have put down at least one boss from DMC2 for the most underwhelming bosses. I mean Ariur Argosax was the ultimate anticlimax and the Despair embodied wasn't great. Posessed Arius was just annoying and as for Argosax the Chaos... well there're only so many times you can get your kicks off shooting and slicing to death and amorphous blob who's attacks are so easy to evade that even on DMD it's still a cakewalk (if not slightly long).

The dark knight

Most Overwhelming....the three faced thing in DMC2.You know that boss with three faces that floats high above you.And Mundus 2
Most Underwhelming Mundus 1.And Vergil 3.I whooped Vergil the third time without dying!

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
The dark knight;42829 said:
Most Overwhelming....the three faced thing in DMC2.You know that boss with three faces that floats high above you.And Mundus 2
Most Underwhelming Mundus 1.And Vergil 3.I whooped Vergil the third time without dying!

How can you find the Trismagia hard and Vergil 3 easy?:huh:

The dark knight

Cause Trismagia is floating up so high and I cant use my sword.Vergil three is just easy.I defeated him with ease.He was a little challenging.But not alot.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
The dark knight;42834 said:
Cause Trismagia is floating up so high and I cant use my sword.Vergil three is just easy.I defeated him with ease.He was a little challenging.But not alot.

You should have pistols, machine guns, a shotgun and a rocket launcher up to that point. You can also damage a random face that comes close to you with your sword so I still don't see your reasoning.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
The dark knight;42839 said:
Machine gun!?Dammit I mustve missed that.

Dual machine guns as a matter of fact located in the room with the light platforms just prior to fighting Bolverk the 1st time.

If you can't find them PM me.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
DMC1: Overwhelming - Mundus the whole thing, when I first played on hard I used yellow orb when he went into the 2nd part which really took an A from me.

Unoverwhelming - Phandom. He's so pathetic that you can beat him without damage at all:p Only in the corridors is a bit dificult but nothing more.

DMC2: Overwhelming - Trismagia the only difficult boss in DMC2. However Dante's escape move make it easier^^

Unoverwhwelming - Well the all Nefasturis/Nefascapitis thing. The only thing that can damage you are those bats, who can't really hurt you:p

DMC3: Overwhelming - Arkham. The Phantarch I completely agree with what you said. Losing DT and Style in return for Vergil really throws off your rythm. I mean I have battled Arkham in bloody palace (no assistance there) and he was waay easier. Although hard again.

Unoverwhelming - Doppelganger. You all said it. You spoke of Geryon too, but he can be difficult because the mission 12 is really hard in higher levels without using items.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Tony_Redgrave;42929 said:
DMC1: Overwhelming - Mundus the whole thing, when I first played on hard I used yellow orb when he went into the 2nd part which really took an A from me.

Unoverwhelming - Phandom. He's so pathetic that you can beat him without damage at all:p Only in the corridors is a bit dificult but nothing more.

DMC2: Overwhelming - Trismagia the only difficult boss in DMC2. However Dante's escape move make it easier^^

Unoverwhwelming - Well the all Nefasturis/Nefascapitis thing. The only thing that can damage you are those bats, who can't really hurt you:p

DMC3: Overwhelming - Arkham. The Phantarch I completely agree with what you said. Losing DT and Style in return for Vergil really throws off your rythm. I mean I have battled Arkham in bloody palace (no assistance there) and he was waay easier. Although hard again.

Unoverwhelming - Doppelganger. You all said it. You spoke of Geryon too, but he can be difficult because the mission 12 is really hard in higher levels without using items.

Agree almost completely but I found corridor phantom really easy as I have a knack for reflecting his fireballs back at him. lol. Toasting the poor crazy ******* with his own crap!
Arkham on bloody palace: you have DT, utilise it to its max! The story mission battle is harder like you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom