• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Box Art and Screenshots

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
A1cQLO64paL_AA1500_.jpg

71diM30JtmL_AA1280_.jpg

712MQ3kgV3L_AA1280_.jpg

5246241367_596144767e_o.jpg

Info from Amazon:

- An interactive cinematic experience that blurs the lines between games and Hollywood films.
Nathan Drake's journey will put you through new challenges and take you to stunning locations around the world, from a derelict chateau in France, to the merciless Arabian Dessert.
- Epic single player campaign with evolved signature UNCHARTED gameplay.
- A new breed of Action Adventure Multiplayer that brings the exciting cinematic elements of the single-player campaign, into the multiplayer.
- Experience the thrill of UNCHARTED in stereoscopic 3D

Just found this:

The next game in the series, entitled Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, hits stores late next year. EW recently visited the Santa Monica, California offices of Uncharted’s developer, Naughty Dog, for a sneak peek at the sequel, and we returned wishing “late next year” was right damn now.

The story focuses on the hero’s relationship with his mentor and father figure, fan fave Victor “Sully” Sullivan, and has him searching for a legendary lost city that will ultimately take him to the Arabian Peninsula and the vast wasteland of the Rub’ al Khali Desert, also known as the Empty Quarter. (Said legendary lost city has been known by various names, including “Iram of the Pillars” and the “Atlantis of the Sands”; click the link for more backstory.)

. The inspiration for the story, says Hennig, came from Naughty Dog’s desire to take on the challenge of conceiving and building out gameplay scenarios within a desert locale — “challenge,” because organic elements like water, fire and sand are technically difficult to credibly render with animation. Says Hennig: “When we first came up with the idea of sand, you see everyone’s eyes light up here and go, ‘Yeah, that’s going to be really hard — let’s do it!’” Adds Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells: “We’re a bunch of nerds. We just look forsomething that will be a technical, artistic challenge, and allowed us to push into an area of the world and history we’ve never tapped into before.”

The execs at Naughty Dog walked us through one of the game’s levels, and while we can’t tell you anything about the locale (it actually wasn’t the desert), we can tell you that it was quintessential Uncharted, marked by dynamic camera work and gameplay that requires you to jump and climb through treacherous spaces that are in an almost constant state of change — or in this case, catastrophic collapse. Innovations? Several, including enhanced backward climbing and the ability to fight multiple baddies at once. Finally, Wells stressed that much time and effort is being lavished upon expanding Uncharted’s online multiplayer and co-op capabilities, too; expect more details to come in the coming months

Source: http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=974&start=0

Superb screenshots. :D Can't wait for it. :D

Keaton

Premium
I'm already looking forward to this, although, I'd hope the boxart changes, especially since the others have had a more...action-y theme. This one seems a bit more like Ico in that respect, a great deal of isolation and things left upto the imagination ^^

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
I seriously need to buy uncharted 2 sometime, I bought uncharted 1 and loved it ^_^; but I just couldn't be bothered with buying 2. But since a 3rd one is coming i got to catch up :lol:

Rep+ to you Chaos Master ;)

Top Bottom