• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ubisoft hints at new Assassin's Creed for 2011/12

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Ubisoft’s hinted at more Assassin’s Creed arriving in the not too distant future.

When asked whether or not a new entry in the franchise will arrive in their next fiscal year — which starts on April 1, 2011 — Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot replied: “There will be something around Assassin’s – that’s all we can say.”

Prior to Guillemot’s comment, Ubisoft CFO Alain Martinez replied to the same question, saying: “We don’t want to comment. Maybe after Christmas in January we’ll be able to talk about what kind of product we have.”

Whatever it is, it might not be Assassin’s Creed III. Ubisoft International Brand Manager Eric Gallant responded to a question about a new numbered entry last month, to which he replied: “The only thing I can say is that it is our biggest franchise and we’re always thinking about new ways of keeping our fans excited and into the brand, so there could be surprises and announcement in the following months”.

What do you think? Will we see another Assassin’s Creed: [Insert Subtitle Here] or will Desmond’s quest finally come to a close?

The latest entry in the series, Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, launches for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC tomorrow.

Thanks, CVG.

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/11/ubisoft-hints-at-new-assasins-creed-for-201112

Meg

Re: Ubisoft hints at new Assasin’s Creed for 2011/12

There's a teaser for something called Assassin's Creed: Ascendence. That's probably what this is. I can try to find a link.

Captain Ren

Tribble

Meg;288802 said:
There's a teaser for something called Assassin's Creed: Ascendence. That's probably what this is. I can try to find a link.

actually its a little animated movie about whats between AA2 and Brotherhood :p

my guess is about another portable title; you know like those other 2 or 3 that no one ever talk about xD

Meg

^ You'll note the article didn't clarify if it was a game, or something else with the AC name. :p

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium

The only thing I wish for is that any final Assassin's Creed game will take place completely in modern times, letting the player finally use Desmond throughout the whole game as some kind of modernized Assassin. That would kick loads of ass.

Dark Drakan

Admin

Meg;288802 said:

Plenty of links on our other forums you are a part of. ;)

Assassins Creed Forums

BlueDevil;288824 said:
The only thing I wish for is that any final Assassin's Creed game will take place completely in modern times, letting the player finally use Desmond throughout the whole game as some kind of modernized Assassin. That would kick loads of ass.

Id imagine that was the idea all along and what they are building towards.

Meg

Ok so I was wrong. Everyone laugh and point at Meg.
Lightning: *laughs and points*
Meg: Shut up. I hate you.

XD

Annnnnyway! So Brotherhood is out today and we have a new game coming within 1-2 years with a good chance of it being 3. This is exciting!

Meg

Dark Drakan;288859 said:
Not here it isnt, got to wait until Friday. =]

Always the specific one, Mr. Drakan.

Meg

Apparently the ending to Brotherhood has a really WTF moment involving Desmond and Ezio. Could this be what sets the stage for ACIII? If so then the new game could very well be 3.

Dark Drakan

Admin

Meg;288864 said:
Apparently the ending to Brotherhood has a really WTF moment involving Desmond and Ezio. Could this be what sets the stage for ACIII? If so then the new game could very well be 3.

Id heard that and it will likely set up ACIII yeah.

Top Bottom