• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ubisoft finally scrap always on DRM

Dark Drakan

Admin
ubisoft-logo.jpg
After all the negativity and bad press Ubisoft have finally dropped their controversial 'Always on' DRM. In which a constant connection was required to the Internet. So if you were to lose your connection the game would automatically shut down, often taking your progress with it. This is now no more Ubisoft claims in its press release:

Stephanie Perotti, Ubisoft's worldwide director for online games
We have listened to feedback, and since June last year our policy for all of PC games is that we only require a one-time online activation when you first install the game, and from then you are free to play the game offline. Once activated, the game can be installed as many times as the owner wishes. One activation will be all that's required for the life of the game.
Rumours are that Ubisoft are phasing out boxed games on PC altogether and further pushing its U-Play service

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I had problem with their game called Heroes Of Might and Magic V, the thing that checked what many times I installing on PC kicked not so long early so I can't install game on new OS first time:/. But finally I suppose that them learned lesson that DRM is not way to protect games.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Wow, it took them this long to act.
Isn't there like games with auto save for things like this.
Your unknowingly disconnected & before the game kicks you to the start screen it saves your progress?

I dont know to be honest, apparently quite a few newer games didnt have any DRM included so it was only a matter of time for this announcement to come out. Hopefully its a lesson to other companies that DRM normally punishes paying customers more than the pirates.

Top Bottom