• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tyrant and Butcher easy take down tips.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Required moves: Demon whip, Eryx uppercut(preferrably maxed) and roulette spin(preferrably maxed).

Tyrant:
1. Get behind it and yank him down using the demon whip.
2. Quickly charge up Eryx uppercut and release.
3. Perform the roulette spin pause combo.
4. Pull it back with the demon whip.
5. Keep repeating steps 3 and 4 until the tyrant dies.

Butcher:
1. Distance yourself from the butcher. It will fling its buzz saws at you. Parry it(use osiris prop for easy parries)
2. Use stinger to quickly get near the butcher while it is stunned.
3. Charge up eryx uppercut and release.
4. Keep spamming the roulette spin combo until it dies. (Your first swing may miss sometimes after the roulette move but that's not a problem as your second hit will almost always hit the butcher)
Note: Don't use your whips against the butchers.

Nessy

I'm pretty sure you're quite late to the game on this one.

Also you might want to consider using demon dodge on both of them so they die a lot faster.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I like playing chicken and go bowling with the tyrants. As for the butchers I don't wait for him to throw the saw at me as I usually bring him up in the air to give it a beating.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I'm pretty sure you're quite late to the game on this one.

Also you might want to consider using demon dodge on both of them so they die a lot faster.
Not everyone can consistently demon dodge. You also need to take into account the presence other enemies. If you're fighting just a single tyrant or butcher, demon dodging takez them out quickly but that is almost never the case. The tips I gave are easy and efficient for any player to pull off. As long as there are no harpies and babies around, these tips are a sure fire way to take down tyrants and butchers for those who want to cheese through the game on higher difficulties.

Ceph

I didn't know you could keep them locked in Roulette, I had been doing Showdown > Demon Pull > Showdown etc. This'll be faster, thanks.

scionicspectre

One fun way to take care of Tyrants is to get four or more Kablooey shots on their back after they've run past you, then quickly pull them to the ground and do the most devastating combo you want for 3 seconds or so. Once they get flaming ****ed, detonate to stun them, get a few hits in, pull them down, and do another devasting combo. Unless you're on Dante Must Die, this tactic tends to take care of them without repeating it.

Of course, if there are multiple Tyrants, you'll always have to be a bit careful to keep the other one off the screen or make use of it to get a demon evade if you're really into it.

Part of me wishes I could go back to before I knew any good ways to kill these guys, just so they could be a little more demanding. Still, trying too hard to do things a certain way can definitely kill you, so it's best to stay flexible and expect the unexpected.

Top Bottom