• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Twitch to start selling games (and DLC) via its website

Dark Drakan

Admin
714x-1

Twitch is to start selling games and DLC via its website in the near future, however the biggest development from this announcement is that consumers can buy directly from under the videos of 'partnered' Twitch streamers, with a proportion of the revenue going to the streamer.
The way the breakdown of revenue works, is that publishers and developers will receive 70% of the revenue (which is in-line with other online stores), the streamer will receive 5% and Twitch will, presumably, collect the rest.

That means if a game (or in-game content) is sold directly by a publisher or developer's own Twitch channel, that means the revenue could be as high as 75%.

FULL ARTICLE AND DETAILS CAN BE FOUND HERE

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
This doesn't really affect me as I'm not really super familiar with Twitch, but I do think that it's a good call from a monetisation perspective. It doesn't seem especially intrusive and in your face either, so good on them for not slapping a huge 728x90px leaderboard right across the middle of the screen. If anything I'm surprised it took them so long to introduce something like this.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
*thinks about how long it took to introduce DVD to the masses when the tech was ready years prior*

I'm surprised this whole thing didn't take even longer than this, tbh.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
So, will this work like Steam/Origin/Gog/UPlay/etc.? If so I don't really see the need for it, there are already plenty of ways to get games digitally.

Top Bottom