• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Twitch begins copyright clampdown

Dark Drakan

Admin
Here we go again with the music industry & likely Google (after the takeover) pushing their weight around...

Twitch have teamed up with Audible Magic and made a number of major changes to its Video on Demand systems they announced yesterday. They have now had to introduce a YouTube-style copyright protection which blocks in-game music in videos. This new technology will detect the use of copyrighted music in stored videos (VODs) and mute all of the audio in sections of video which is deemed to be in violation, and volume controls for the addicted video will be turned off (we all know how this ended up on Youtube).

The statement from Twitch was as follows...

Past broadcasts and highlights with Flagged Content are exportable but will remain muted. The detection a muting process will also be rather imprecise - audio will be muted in 30-minute chunks. The Audible Magic technology will scan for third-party music in 30 minute blocks -- if Audible Magic does not detect its clients' music, that portion of the VOD will not be muted. If third party audio is detected anywhere in the 30-minute scanned block, the entire 30 minutes will be muted.

The tech will only scan VODs - live broadcasts will remain unaffected.

Whole statement can be read on the Twitch Blog HERE.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Whatever I have to say on the matter has already been said by movibob -- which is ironic, considering I disagree with almost everything he says about "social events" and whatnot.

Do I agree with this or any other form of regulation? No. But I'm not even going to get upset over it. People will eventually push back through hacking and exposing these media moguls for the monsters that they are.

There was this one guy on youtube who nailed it on the head when was talking about the industry, piracy, and how it ties into the prison industrial complex, but I can't find him anywhere.

It wasn't even a conspiracy nut either. He actually presented his points in very credible way.

Top Bottom