• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Turtle Rock Studios reveal next title

Dark Drakan

Admin
cov_250_l.jpg

The co-developers of the highly acclaimed co-op zombie fest series Left 4 Dead have revealed their next project. It is another team based game and doesnt stray far from the foundations laid out by Left 4 Dead. Known as Evolve, it pits a four-player crew of alien hunters against a separate player-controlled monster that grows larger and more powerful over the course of matches. The game is powered by the CryEngine 3...

Quote from Turtle Rock Interview

Each hunter features its own unique items and abilities, and though the monster is outnumbered, it's said to be a more than formidable foe for the four-player crew. Like Left 4 Dead, Evolve will heavily promote variety and replayabilty in its levels. Following the collapse of THQ, full ownership of the 'Evolve' IP was acquired by 2K for $10.8 million.

It is set to release on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 this autumn.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I swear I remember this being mentioned at PAX West 2012. Hell, I think I might even have the "card" with the game's title on it and some details. This might take the whole "hunter(s) becomes the hunted" to a new level and with role reversals happening a lot.

Dark Drakan

Admin
It looks brilliant and a great idea having the enemy controlled by another player, L4D was much harder when playing against other players as the infected 'bosses' so it definitely works. If they can make the levels interesting and the weapons varied its going to be a huge hit. Be interesting to see if there are any class differences between the characters as L4D characters were all the same with different skins.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I didnt know where they would go after Left 4 Dead and that formula but this looks brilliant. Love the way they have to hunt the creature and the creature has to hunt other creatures to devour and power up to evolve and get stronger. Then the tables can turn as the creature gets more powerful and more abilities, its a simple idea but really like the concept and could make for some great cat and mouse style multiplayer.

Dark Drakan

Admin
we will have to set up forum matches on it for fun. maybe a tournament even :D

Hoping to start some co-op style things in the future on some games, would be great on some of the new open world survival games that are popping up. When I sort out a new PC I would be very interested in getting some forum members from multiple of our forums on DayZ and Rust for example and maybe even The Forest if it ends up with multiplayer. Both DayZ and Rust are in early alpha at the min and The Forest isnt close to release yet but when they are more complete and maybe close to Beta, survival games like these would be perfect for forum members to get together in and work together on.

Top Bottom