• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

True Crime Hong Kong Revived

Dark Drakan

Admin
20320716.jpg
After it was canned by Activision it seemed the series was dead in the water despite the game apparently being all but finished and Activision still owning the rights to the name. However Square Enix have picked up the series and rebranded the new title as Sleeping Dogs. Lee Singleton who is the GM of Square Enix London Studios had the following to say about the game:
From the moment you pick up the controller and experience the blend of driving, close combat and shooting you know you're playing something fresh and a bit special. Sleeping Dogs has one of the best melee combat systems out there - it's super brutal with devastating takedown moves, and when added to UFG's proven heritage in driving games, a first class story and the vibrant backdrop of the Hong Kong underworld we get a fiery recipe with fun written all over it.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Thank God the game is not dead. I love the first True Crime game, and I hope this game will be much better than the first True Crime game.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I enjoyed True Crime: Streets of L.A but parts could have been much better. Ive heard good things from previews about this and most sites were saying this was shaping up to easily be the best yet before it was canned by Activision. Im hoping they are right and the extra time they have had to work on it and with Square Enix publishing it im hoping its great. I really like martial arts movies like the style used in the announcement trailer and if it can capture even half of that feeling I will be happy.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
I enjoyed True Crime: Streets of L.A but parts could have been much better. Ive heard good things from previews about this and most sites were saying this was shaping up to easily be the best yet before it was canned by Activision. Im hoping they are right and the extra time they have had to work on it and with Square Enix publishing it im hoping its great. I really like martial arts movies like the style used in the announcement trailer and if it can capture even half of that feeling I will be happy.

I pretty much prefer Streets of L.A. than New York City. New York City has many glitches that prevented me from completing the game itself, and the storyline is a bit boring than Streets of L.A..

I hope their word on 'the best melee combat' is kept at the game's release. The trailer looks brilliant.

Who is UGF? Never heard about them before. Are they the developers for Sleeping Dogs?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Who is UGF? Never heard about them before. Are they the developers for Sleeping Dogs?

United Front Games are a development team made up of former members of EA Black Box, Rockstar Vancouver, Radical Entertainment and Volition Inc.

Formally developed titles such as:

EA Black Box - Need for Speed series, Skate
Rockstar Vancouver - Bully, Max Payne 3
Radical Entertainment - Prototype/Prototype 2
Volition Inc - Saints Row series, Red Faction series

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
United Front Games are a development team made up of former members of EA Black Box, Rockstar Vancouver, Radical Entertainment and Volition Inc.

Formally developed titles such as:

EA Black Box - Need for Speed series, Skate
Rockstar Vancouver - Bully, Max Payne 3
Radical Entertainment - Prototype/Prototype 2
Volition Inc - Saints Row series, Red Faction series

Thanks for the info about UGF. I hope the final game will be awesome since I am quite anticipating the game at the moment.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
This is really cool. I was looking forward to the new True Crime until it was cancelled, glad to see its coming back :)

Top Bottom