• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

trish vs lucia

Viper

Premium
Lucia.
If Sparda is at reasonable level, then Trish doesn't have anything to offer that Lucia can't counter or evade, and then spam her with sharp projectiles.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It is just a devil arm to trish as she is not of the sparda bloodlime so sje can not use tje swords full power , although she has got lightning powers

she is below DMC1 dante in power too

I would give the edge to lucia in speed and abolity

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Lucia. Because I was always under the impression that she was at Dante's level (or close to it) in DMC2, and since DMC2 Dante is the strongest, that would also make Lucia just as strong.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Dante is way stronger than Lucia he takes down arius easy when Lucia had a whole lot of trouble beating him the only two people close to dantes level are. 1: vergil who is at dantes level and 2: Nero who I think is at the a little stronger than dmc 3 Dante

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Lucia.
Trish is strong and quick but she's a playful type. Lucia on the other hand is pretty straight forward and serious. Trish "could" match her and force her into a tie; but without any preparation Lucia wins pretty easily.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Can't pick a side... Lucia is pretty strong, but she's made by a human dabbling in black magic while Trish is made by a godlike being.

Viper

Premium
Can't pick a side... Lucia is pretty strong, but she's made by a human dabbling in black magic while Trish is made by a godlike being.
Mundus also made Frosts, Blades, Assaults and Blitz, all pretty weak opponents compared to our heroes. At the same time Credo, Agnus and Sanctus are not so easily beatable. So don't look who made them, but rather what they can do.

@devil_inside123

Trish's primary goal was to be a bait, I gather that's what Mundus focused on when creating her. And then again, none of his other creations are really that high in power, I'd say without devil arms to aid her Trish is at level of Blitz.

Viper

Premium
Would you really trust DMC2 Lucia to beat a Blitz?
In devil trigger she could. Blitz is about evading and shooting it until it drops. Spam of daggers could theoretically work on it, the don't hit it with sword issue was mainly because hero was still holding said sword and electricity could fry him.

Reactions: Gel

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
In devil trigger she could. Blitz is about evading and shooting it until it drops. Spam of daggers could theoretically work on it, the don't hit it with sword issue was mainly because hero was still holding said sword and electricity could fry him.

Actually it looks like that even if you hit a Blitz with a metal weapon from the distance, you will be still electrified: I once tried to use Pandora's glaive form to drop the electrical shield and I still got electrified.

Viper

Premium
Actually it looks like that even if you hit a Blitz with a metal weapon from the distance, you will be still electrified: I once tried to use Pandora's glaive form to drop the electrical shield and I still got electrified.
*shrugs* Then she still has bombs.
But it's funny, bullets are also metal that leaves your hand, yet that doesn't get you electrified.

Ixbran

Smashing~
Lucia hands down.

DMC2 is the latest in the DMC time line, when Dante is considered to be at his strongest. Dante and Lucia tend to fight against many of the same bosses, and what Lucia lacks in power, she makes up for in speed and combo capabilities. She can take down bosses just as quickly as Dante can, if only because of her speed and the amount of hits she can get in over a short period of time.

Also, take account Lucia's Arial special: by pressing the slash and shoot button at the same time, while air born (or under water) in Devil Trigger, Lucia is capable of sending orbs of light into the sky and have orbs of light energy rain down on enemies. It takes a good chunk of her DT gauge, but deals a TON of damage, about the same amount of damage as Majin Form Dante's abilities. And she doesn't even need her health to be in the red to do this.

Really the only thing that makes Trish an effective fighter, from what I've seen, is when she has access to the Sparda sword. Without it, she doesn't seem to be all that powerful. Yes as Gloria we see her take down demons fairly easily with her dagger, not needing the Sparda, but those demons aren't exactly intelligent. In a fight against Lucia, a skilled fighter that specializes in the use of throwing blades, Lucia could probably deflect the dagger easily.

Also just like Trish, Lucia is attributed to an elemental ability: Ice. She starts out with the Ice Heart, which imbues her attacks with ice elemental during DT. And her DT art works depict her swords glowing blue, which only happens when the ice heart is equipped. Considering her art works portray her with blue eyes, and in game with blue eyes regardless of the elemental heart, its safe to say that ice magic is as innate to Lucia as Lightning magic is to Trish. Lucia could, theoretically, simply create ice pillars to act as lightning rods against Trish's electric capabilities. As well as any possible form of ice magic, ie creating it from the moisture in the air, and controlling it with her demonic powers in any way she wants.

Really, remove Trish's use of the sparda, and find a way to disable her electric magic, and Trish isn't all that effective in battle. Not to mention her young age and inexperience in battle: she was created for the sole purpose of tricking Dante so Mundus could kill him, she was never made for battle and had to start learning to fight effectively after the events of DMC. Where as Lucia was raised among a clan of Half Human, Half Demon, Devil Hunters. Shes been taught in the art of combat since early childhood, or so we are led to believe. So even if she is somehow disarmed, there is a good chance shes been trained in hand-to-hand combat as well. After all in DMC2 a good number of her attack combos involve her performing powerful kicking strikes.

Really out of all the females in the DMC universe, Lucia is probably the absolute strongest. She may be an artificial demon, but her powers are supposedly on par with Dante's, and trained in combat since early childhood. Trish is a pure demon yes, but she was not made to fight and had to learn to fight. And Lady, while a skilled Demon Hunter, is still only human.

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smashing~
It all really depends on the person playing as her. As I said before, with her holy rain attack, Lucia can take down enemies just as quickly as Dante can when in his Majin form, and she doesn't need to be in the red to use the ability. What she lacks in direct attack power, she makes up for in attack speed and combo ability.

In my mind, that puts on the same level as Dante, at least in terms of game play. I find I can take down bosses, and enemies in general, far easier with Lucia than I can with dante. But then again I've always had a preference for speedy attack style characters, over slow powerful oriented ones.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I think he meant in terms of lore, not gameplay. In that I agree. Lucia is not even close to Dante. Argosax was one of the most powerful demons in existence, and he basically was Dante's little bitch. He completely destroyed him with nonchalance. Lucia struggled against Arius.

Ixbran

Smashing~
Well you also have to take into account story and emotional settings: during her first battle with Arius she was still shaken up with self doubt and self loathing, due to being his experiment. Based on the dialogue from before and after the fight, it seems to imply she went to face him in order to have them both die as a result of the fight.

But during her second confrontation with Arius, she faced him without any hesitation, confident in her humanity, and with the intent of killing him while surviving. She was able to kill him with no struggles at all, due to the new found confidence in her self, and I think that is something people need to take note of when discussing her character.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Still, I absolutely don't believe she's at Dante's level.

Of all the characters we know, DMC2 Dante is the most powerful and the strongest one. He would trump her in a fight. Not even counting his Majin Form.

But isn't this a Trish vs Lucia thread?

Ixbran

Smashing~
Yes, though I have no idea why devil_inside123 brought up the bit about Dante and Lucia in terms of story related power levels. I mentioned them being on the same level in my initial post, but I was speaking about it in terms of game play, not lore. Though I suppose I could have made it more clear, and for that I apologize.

Top Bottom