• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Toughest enemies

Nessy

Which enemies are the ones that hit you the most, breaking your streak.

Up until recently I hated harpies, but I found that just staying in the air and dodging continually you can kill them, still takes a little bit. Now I am trying to find a reliable way to kill the ninja's, do I really have to just stand and dodge then counter-attack/smack him with the fists when he tries to hit me?

It takes too long to kill them, and it really slows down the game. Stunning them by deflecting ranged attacks back at them doesn't help either, and they seem to block at random, and if you are in the air sometimes randomly hit you.

What enemies do you hate the most, and is there anyway to quickly dispose of those ninjas?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
When rages are combined in a gang attack with the witches, that's when I find it hard. Or witches and the dreamrunners and drekavek gang attack >_<

Xamalo Noel

The witchs are annoying, I always get hit by them, and the Krang guy(That giant dude with the saws, it kinda remind me of Krang from TMNT), the ninjas is kinda easy to dodge, but it's annoying when there's 2 of them.

Roxas

Witches, Blood and Ghost Rages.
Seriously, they are just hella annoying to deal with, especially since I always forget that round trip keeps them stunned. Also because Blood/Ghost Rages are color coded, so it just guts the strategy in 75%.

vakarian23

I hate Rages the most, especially the color-coded ones. Is there any way to get them out of their enrage?

vakarian23

If I'm not mistaken, Ebony & Ivory will get them out of the rage state even if they are color coded. :lol:

Oh, I thought guns had no effect on color coded enemies. I'll try that, should make fighting them less frustrating, thanks!

Bram Blackmon

Any color coded enemy. It's a real pain in the rear when you have two different types on screen at the same time. But round trip can freeze the blue variant and the osiris upgrade F attack launches them a good ways which gives you a few moments to deal with the red.

The Dreamrunners also tend to be a source of frustration, though you can hit them with a charged fist attack or overdrive when they teleport to knock them down and open them up for a combo. and a charged revenant shot in the back will launch them when they turn around. The only way to open them up is to hit them when they come out of teleporting.

the only ones I don't have a foolproof means of dealing with are the giant chargers. I always seem to dodge just a tad bit too late and it ruins my combo multiplier.

Nessy

I see no real way to kill the ninjas in a stylish way at all when there are 2 of them, they sometimes decide to block everything as well, making them take way longer than any other enemy, other times they block very little.

There must be a weakness I'm missing

Bram Blackmon

I see no real way to kill the ninjas in a stylish way at all when there are 2 of them, they sometimes decide to block everything as well, making them take way longer than any other enemy, other times they block very little.

There must be a weakness I'm missing

[video]
[video]

Two seperate strategies for dealing with them. and of course if you have enough DT gauge to activate it, they get launched like any other enemy, If you toggle it off then on quickly with a decent sized gauge built up it's another way to open them up for attacks, but it requires you already know where they are in the mission.

As for dealing with two at a time, You have to open them up and hit them with round trip. Which is admittably a bit tricky as there's no lock on target function. If you have quick timing you can launch round trip then switch to osiris and use prop shredder to reflect it back at them when they try to return it. They'll only reflect it once.

Nessy

Two seperate strategies for dealing with them. and of course if you have enough DT gauge to activate it, they get launched like any other enemy, If you toggle it off then on quickly with a decent sized gauge built up it's another way to open them up for attacks, but it requires you already know where they are in the mission.

As for dealing with two at a time, You have to open them up and hit them with round trip. Which is admittably a bit tricky as there's no lock on target function. If you have quick timing you can launch round trip then switch to osiris and use prop shredder to reflect it back at them when they try to return it. They'll only reflect it once.

Weirdly enough I've used both techniques in those videos, and other stuff, but still take a lot longer than any other normal enemy to defeat. Launching them up with DT isn't always a good idea, as fighting them in the air (even after activating DT) sometimes they just immediately grab and hit you.

I was hoping for a way where I don't have to wait for so long to kill them, waiting for multiple teleports is quite a long time.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Any color coded enemy. It's a real pain in the rear when you have two different types on screen at the same time. But round trip can freeze the blue variant and the osiris upgrade F attack launches them a good ways which gives you a few moments to deal with the red.

The Dreamrunners also tend to be a source of frustration, though you can hit them with a charged fist attack or overdrive when they teleport to knock them down and open them up for a combo. and a charged revenant shot in the back will launch them when they turn around. The only way to open them up is to hit them when they come out of teleporting.

the only ones I don't have a foolproof means of dealing with are the giant chargers. I always seem to dodge just a tad bit too late and it ruins my combo multiplier.

It's not that you're dodging late, it's that you're dodging too early. The Tyrants have VERY good tracking on their charge attack.

Soupie

I just realised that Kablooey will help you tons against the Dreamrunners. Once he's open, throw one dart in and do your basic combo. When he breaks the combo, detonate and keep going.

Top Bottom