• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Top Dissappointing Games In 2010

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
List out on which games that you are disappointed the most in 2010. No flamings or bashing.

1. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (An inferior game than the first one.)
2. Alpha Protocol (A mediocre game.)
3. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (The rebooted Prince of Persia is better than this game, despite the old Prince's return.)
4. Dark Void (A boring game.)
5. Dante's Inferno (A great game with great visuals and story, but the combat is a ripoff from God of War series.)
6. Crackdown 2 (Not as good as I thought.)
7. Front Mission Evolved (A failed clone of Armored Core games.)
8. Dead to Rights: Retribution (Not as good as the first two games.)
9. Nier Gestalt (A disappointing game with boring gameplay and dull graphics. Only the soundtrack, voice acting, and story are the best parts in this game.)
10. Lost Planet 2 (Not much improvements from the first game to make this one better.)

Meg

Bioshock 2
Alpha Protocol
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
Just Cause 2
MAG
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
Wolfenstein

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Honestly, I only have ONE thing to add to this thread.

Aliens vs Predator.

It was set up to look like such a brilliant return to form after the crapiness of the second game, to recapture the absolute brilliance of the first and give it a dose of the 2010 graphical beauty we know and love.

Instead, we get that.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Alpha Protocol, because of its bugs.
Prince of Persia, was boring.
Aliens VS Predator, was so unplayable.

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
Chaos Master;288641 said:
List out on which games that you are disappointed the most in 2010. No flamings or bashing.

1. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (An inferior game than the first one.)
2. Alpha Protocol (A mediocre game.)
3. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (The rebooted Prince of Persia is better than this game, despite the old Prince's return.)
4. Dark Void (A boring game.)
5. Dante's Inferno (A great game with great visuals and story, but the combat is a ripoff from God of War series.)
6. Crackdown 2 (Not as good as I thought.)
7. Front Mission Evolved (A failed clone of Armored Core games.)
8. Dead to Rights: Retribution (Not as good as the first two games.)
9. Nier Gestalt (A disappointing game with boring gameplay and dull graphics. Only the soundtrack, voice acting, and story are the best parts in this game.)
10. Lost Planet 2 (Not much improvements from the first game to make this one better.)

I agree with this list. I would also add:

Final Fantasy XIII (Linear, boring, just...bad)
Metroid: Other M (Bad Voice acting and dialogue, with some really bad gameplay decisions)
Fallout: New Vegas (Fallout 3 expansion with more bugs and no improvements)

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
DeviRyuuD;288826 said:
You didn`t really mean that, did you?...o_O

Actually I agree with Edsabre on the Fallout New Vegas statement. (I did like FFXIII and Other M however though :lol:)

Unlike other people (like reviewers), I dont over look bugs and glitches in a game just because it has a few decent quirks.

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
Don't really have a specific order for this but...

1. Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage
2. Dark Void
3. Dead Rising 2

umm that's about it lol didn't play much else that was disappointing. At least that I can think of.

Esura

Also, I agree with Nier Gestalt. I tend to be an avid Sankaku Complex follower and they hyped the hell out of the Nier games prior to release, especially when the hermaphrodite Kaine was announced. Ultimately, Nier fell short of being an awesome JRPG game. Awesome story and characters...but bad side missions, unrefined gameplay, and the graphics...while ok, wasn't what I was expecting. Overall, I found Nier to be an ok game, but its a disappointment because it could of been MORE than ok.

FYI, cavia, the company that developed Nier and Drakenguard, is no more. They merged with another company.

EDIT: Why is FFXIII a disapointment anyway? The game wasn't bad imo, but I'm just curious on the reasoning why.

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
Esura;291025 said:
Also, I agree with Nier Gestalt. I tend to be an avid Sankaku Complex follower and they hyped the hell out of the Nier games prior to release, especially when the hermaphrodite Kaine was announced. Ultimately, Nier fell short of being an awesome JRPG game. Awesome story and characters...but bad side missions, unrefined gameplay, and the graphics...while ok, wasn't what I was expecting. Overall, I found Nier to be an ok game, but its a disappointment because it could of been MORE than ok.

FYI, cavia, the company that developed Nier and Drakenguard, is no more. They merged with another company.

EDIT: Why is FFXIII a disapointment anyway? The game wasn't bad imo, but I'm just curious on the reasoning why.
The reason why MOST people find XIII to be a disappointment is because it's so linear compared to other FF games. I personally thought it was awesome though. I've actually read an article somewhere in which Yoshinori Kitase stated that the reason XIII was so linear was because that since the graphics are so good making a game similar to all the other FF's would have taken 3-4 times longer than it did to make XIII.

Esura

wallE156;291042 said:
The reason why MOST people find XIII to be a disappointment is because it's so linear compared to other FF games. I personally thought it was awesome though. I've actually read an article somewhere in which Yoshinori Kitase stated that the reason XIII was so linear was because that since the graphics are so good making a game similar to all the other FF's would have taken 3-4 times longer than it did to make XIII.

News flash! Final Fantasy games has always been linear :lol:, they just use to go about it in a way that gave you the illusion of choise. So there is no towns? No NPCs to talk to? These things has been a thorn in my side since I started playing RPGs back in the day. Only thing worse is forced grinding. I don't want to go into a town and talk to 20 damn NPCs to find out little bits and pieces of the story and information on where I'm going. Only reason I liked going into town was to stock up and rest, thats it. Final Fantasy XIII eschewed all the annoying things in RPGs that bugs me, towns, needless wandering to find some secluded area, and forced grinding to progress the game *cough*Final Fantasy XII*cough*. In many ways, had the story been better in Final Fantasy XIII, it would have been one of my favorite Final Fantasy games thus far.

aka958

Don't trust people
Esura;291044 said:
News flash! Final Fantasy games has always been linear :lol:, they just use to go about it in a way that gave you the illusion of choise. So there is no towns? No NPCs to talk to? These things has been a thorn in my side since I started playing RPGs back in the day. Only thing worse is forced grinding. I don't want to go into a town and talk to 20 damn NPCs to find out little bits and pieces of the story and information on where I'm going. Only reason I liked going into town was to stock up and rest, thats it. Final Fantasy XIII eschewed all the annoying things in RPGs that bugs me, towns, needless wandering to find some secluded area, and forced grinding to progress the game *cough*Final Fantasy XII*cough*. In many ways, had the story been better in Final Fantasy XIII, it would have been one of my favorite Final Fantasy games thus far.

Grinding in Final Fantasy XII?

I never grinded. But I fought every boss at extremely low level as well. XD

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
Esura;291044 said:
I agree with you, but a lot of people like the aspect of going into a town and talking to 20 NPC's. Why, I'll never understand lol. And while I don't really mind the wandering in can be too much when you get impatient and just shut the game off lol. I've done that.

Esura

aka958;291046 said:
Grinding in Final Fantasy XII?

I never grinded. But I fought every boss at extremely low level as well. XD
Certain parts I had to grind on hardcore just to get by, like when I fought Judge Ghis. When I first fought him, no amount of buffs or strategy would of helped me get through that without grinding.

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
Devil Hunter 95;291054 said:
Alpha Protocol.

And what's wrong with Dead Rising 2? I liked it from what I played from it.
There wasn't anything really "wrong" with it...I just expected too much from it.

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
Agreed, but I thought it was gonna be WAY better. I thought I'd still have fun after the first play through.

Top Bottom