• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

To those who give DINO a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

Good points MV. We, as in the fans as a whole, have put Capcom in a weird place. We complained about all this stuff, so now that they are trying to explain it all to us we complain some more. I'm starting to think fans aren't happy without something to complain about. :lol:

Its like with FF. Fans complained about XII not being a proper FF game with all the MMO elements. So for XIII Square Enix took the basics and revamped them, and people complained about how it's not a true FF game. Despite all the things people are coming about were done in X, considered a high point in the series. Just goes to show you there is no pleasing fans. >:3

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Meg;283445 said:
Good points MV. We, as in the fans as a whole, have put Capcom in a weird place. We complained about all this stuff, so now that they are trying to explain it all to us we complain some more. I'm starting to think fans aren't happy without something to complain about. :lol:

Its like with FF. Fans complained about XII not being a proper FF game with all the MMO elements. So for XIII Square Enix took the basics and revamped them, and people complained about how it's not a true FF game. Despite all the things people are coming about were done in X, considered a high point in the series. Just goes to show you there is no pleasing fans. >:3

That's what I figure too. Fans can never be satisfied because they don't know what they want, and when they get what they've been asking for, they don't see it and whine some more. I keep thinking if I was Tameem and a journalist asked me what I think of the fan reaction, I would have said 'I don't care' as well. There's no point putting yourself up as a ping-pong ball to be slammed this way and that by the fandom. I've said it before in another thread but I'll say it here too, the fans need to get their heads out from the gutter and give NT more credit. They're not an incompetent company, and Capcom chose them for a reason.

We're all fans, and a lot of the fans here are children. They have the right to react to this drastic change as children and rant away. This doesn't give the 20+ fans excuse to join in the rants, honestly you'd expect there to be a bit more maturity regarding the release of the game. There are 15 year olds who have put adults here to shame in the mature department.

I'm not a long-time fan of the DMC franchise, I only got into the series when DMC4 was released, but I've done my homework, I've joined a DMC forum, I've grabbed onto every available scrap of DMC material out there, and for a long time the only games I've actually ever played or wanted to play is DMC, and I am a die-hard Dante fan through and through. But the fandom itself? I learned from early on that they outright reject change, and short of attack any other fans who don't agree with them. The same thing happened with Nero, and now with the new Dante. People don't seem to have faith in the series, which is sad considering the overall history of DMC has satisfied many fans in one way or another. None of the other fandoms I belong to are anything like this one, and that's not necessarily a compliment.

Fans have no trust in Capcom and deny them any credit for what they have done right, seeing only the flaws and labelling the company Cr@pcom, and then fans have the nerve to complain about Capcom not listening to them. Here's the thing: Capcom might not be fantastic, but then the fandom isn't all that wonderful either. That is all I have to say about 'some' DMC fans.

Now I think I'll hightail out of here to avoid derailing the entire thread. If you want to discuss anything, PM me.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Master Vergil;283447 said:
That's what I figure too. Fans can never be satisfied because they don't know what they want, and when they get what they've been asking for, they don't see it and whine some more. I keep thinking if I was Tameem and a journalist asked me what I think of the fan reaction, I would have said 'I don't care' as well. There's no point putting yourself up as a ping-pong ball to be slammed this way and that by the fandom. I've said it before in another thread but I'll say it here too, the fans need to get their heads out from the gutter and give NT more credit. They're not an incompetent company, and Capcom chose them for a reason.

We're all fans, and a lot of the fans here are children. They have the right to react to this drastic change as children and rant away. This doesn't give the 20+ fans excuse to join in the rants, honestly you'd expect there to be a bit more maturity regarding the release of the game. There are 15 year olds who have put adults here to shame in the mature department.

I'm not a long-time fan of the DMC franchise, I only got into the series when DMC4 was released, but I've done my homework, I've joined a DMC forum, I've grabbed onto every available scrap of DMC material out there, and for a long time the only games I've actually ever played or wanted to play is DMC, and I am a die-hard Dante fan through and through. But the fandom itself? I learned from early on that they outright reject change, and short of attack any other fans who don't agree with them. The same thing happened with Nero, and now with the new Dante. People don't seem to have faith in the series, which is sad considering the overall history of DMC has satisfied many fans in one way or another. None of the other fandoms I belong to are anything like this one, and that's not necessarily a compliment.

Fans have no trust in Capcom and deny them any credit for what they have done right, seeing only the flaws and labelling the company Cr@pcom, and then fans have the nerve to complain about Capcom not listening to them. Here's the thing: Capcom might not be fantastic, but then the fandom isn't all that wonderful either. That is all I have to say about 'some' DMC fans.

Agreed. As fans we all asked for more history on Dante and that's exactly what we're getting. Not to mention it is very true...you can't please everyone because everyone has different views and opinions on how they want the game to run. So true about the lack of maturity...I have put some adults to shame as well when I was younger and have as well gained adults trust. But that's besides the point...whining and complaining won't get you anywhere but a kick in the pants.

Virago

Not listening.
Master Vergil, very well said. I'm a 20+ fan who got into the series when DMC1 first came out. While I never cared about the books, comics or anything else, I did have a blast playing the games.

And I'd like to add my two-cents as to why I'm supporting the new DmC... I loved playing the games for the entertaining gameplay, but the story generally did nothing for me. After DMC4, I completely lost interest. If a developer is going to go through all the trouble of creating another character and go way, way over the top to make something cool, but then not build a decent story to give any reasoning to all that, well, I don't need to spend my hard earned money on it. Because I'm going to feel like my intelligence is being insulted.

I've seen many posts on this board criticizing NT for the changes they've made. First, the new Dante looks a little like my boyfriend when we first met, so I'm biased, and second, the new design and its implications speak to me. They tell me Dante (or any character, really, since this could apply to games, TV, books, movies, etc.) isn't perfect, just like me. They imply that fictional characters in often exaggerated circumstances need to cope and that they don't always do it in the most healthy or constructive of ways. Yes, again, like me.

I'm going to give this game a chance because I like stories where protagonists confront evil without and within; they resonate with me. They help me understand myself in a convoluted sort of way, to hack'n'slash my own demons, and I'm sure I'm not so unique to feel that.

But I could be completely wrong about the new found depth. I mean, all we saw was a two minute trailer, right? Hahaha.

veg-G

Mmm-hmm.....so what were we talking about again?
i liked the old story line.

just thought dmc 4 should've gone with vergil's return etc...instead of nero and cheesy old dante.

i thought the reboot dmc is okay....but it was not needed right now...but some folks disagree already on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom