• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

TMNT...RE-BOOT?!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
He has now defended the re-boot.... yeah, he should've search 'DmC reaction' or something in google before doing that.

Moviemaker Michael Bay has urged fans of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise to "chill" over his plans to recast the superheroes as aliens.
The Transformers director confirmed earlier this month he's working on a new film featuring the martial arts-loving crimefighters but will change their origins to make them beings from outer space.
The news sparked outrage among some fans, and their concerns were echoed by one of the stars of the original franchise, Robbie Rist, who accused Bay of "sodomising" the hit story.
Now Bay has spoken out to urge critics not to pre-judge the movie, insisting he has no plans to wreck the characters' legacy.
The director tells TMZ.com, "Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story... Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world."

Yeah, those fans probably won't calm down for sometime.
(sodomising?!)

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
As long as the explosions are as crazy as Michael Bay makes them then i couldn't careless. I always thought a kid flushing his turtles down the toilet and they get saved by a rat and eventually they all find themselves covered in ooze to be a little "kid"ish. But hey, i've seen worse.

Now if they try to reboot Voltron.......then we have a problem

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
He has now defended the re-boot.... yeah, he should've search 'DmC reaction' or something in google before doing that.

Yeah, those fans probably won't calm down for sometime.
(sodomising?!)

I know want to believe he has the best intentions, but he kinda asked for it. Radical changes bring forth this. If he didn't want an attack like that he should have tried making a movie of something new that no one has destroyed tried yet.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Friendship is Magic by Michael Bay
--
After he's done ruining my childhood he can try this, don't think he won't make it without a couple of bullet wounds though
Love. Tolerate. Assassinate.Assimilate.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I'll probably not like it - I'll give it a go but chances are I'll be busy pointing out all the flaws and the complete and utter pointlessness of having some (probably) hot young thing in teeny shorts and everlasting lip gloss prancing about with the turtles, pretending to be April.

I don't like what they did with Thundercats, I don't like what they did with My Little Pony and this will most likely be no exception.

Although if they reboot The Care Bears so that they are all gun-toting, homicidal maniacs then hell yes, I'd watch that in a heartbeat.

mrrandomlulz

I'll probably not like it - I'll give it a go but chances are I'll be busy pointing out all the flaws and the complete and utter pointlessness of having some (probably) hot young thing in teeny shorts and everlasting lip gloss prancing about with the turtles, pretending to be April.

I don't like what they did with Thundercats, I don't like what they did with My Little Pony and this will most likely be no exception.

Although if they reboot The Care Bears so that they are all gun-toting, homicidal maniacs then hell yes, I'd watch that in a heartbeat.
You don't like friendship is magic :O
431cf891-f34d-4cb6-82e3-68df756ea447.jpg

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I think it sucks massive gigantic 1980's MLP balls. To me it's not the Ponies anymore than the new Thundercats is the Thundercats.

Heck, I don't like a lot of current TV for kids...it's just crap compared to stuff I grew up with. Which is exactly what my parents say about what I used to watch compared to their TV as kids.

mrrandomlulz

I think it sucks massive gigantic 1980's MLP balls. To me it's not the Ponies anymore than the new Thundercats is the Thundercats.

Heck, I don't like a lot of current TV for kids...it's just crap compared to stuff I grew up with. Which is exactly what my parents say about what I used to watch compared to their TV as kids.
Well that's the thing, its not supposed to be the same ponies, its supposed to be a whole new thing, see its actually the series redeeming itself after a highly stereotypical 3rd generation, gen 4 is supposed to be a less sexist version of the previous My little Ponies, focusing more on aspects such as character development and the magic of friendship, as opposed to being about dressing up the ponies and braiding them..
I grew up with alot of that 80s stuff via VCR. and I have to agree with you there, alot of the reboots were crap.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
But that's the appeal of a lot of the old stuff for me - it wasn't as concerned with political correctness. It seems to me that only the adults get concerned about crap like sexism (which is something I have very little concern for in the Western world - it's not like women are being beaten for reading books or whatever) - a kid sees a pony with long glossy hair? Why shouldn't he/she want to braid it or put pretty clothes on the horsey? I don't know many 5 year olds who get out their toys and immediately play some rather serious games involving politics, sociology and gender definitions - it's just barking.

mrrandomlulz

But that's the appeal of a lot of the old stuff for me - it wasn't as concerned with political correctness. It seems to me that only the adults get concerned about crap like sexism (which is something I have very little concern for in the Western world - it's not like women are being beaten for reading books or whatever) - a kid sees a pony with long glossy hair? Why shouldn't he/she want to braid it or put pretty clothes on the horsey? I don't know many 5 year olds who get out their toys and immediately play some rather serious games involving politics, sociology and gender definitions - it's just barking.
Silly Angel, friendship is magic was never intended for children, it was intended for dudes through the ages of 13-30
like me

mrrandomlulz

Space turtles? Wow. Gamera much?
Oh I totally forgot I have a DVD of that, come to think about it I wonder if the turtles will have tusk like Gamera
Wait They finally make a new Gamera movie and it's not Godzilla vs Gamera but instead its Gamera disguised as Ninja Turtles.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
Oh I totally forgot I have a DVD of that, come to think about it I wonder if the turtles will have tusk like Gamera
Wait They finally make a new Gamera movie and it's not Godzilla vs Gamera but instead its Gamera disguised as Ninja Turtles.

Lol That would be awesome! XD

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
From a pr perspective, the main problem with his statement was that he shouldnt have been to say this fact.

If it was said by the director or the screenwriter or the original creators, it would have been less controversial. Fans will have still blown up but they would have more trust in those guys than in Bay.

EDIT- Article on iGN
http://comics.ign.com/articles/122/1221505p1.html

I really dont want a movie period as i rather just watch a cartoon.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
you know what after some reflection ive changed my mind: im looking FORWARD to this film, why? cuz its a f******** micheal bay film what do you expect. its literally as if **** was directing mud. you arent expecting anything good. its micheal bay for gods sake. you KNOW its gonna suck from the moment he was part of the project. its just gonna be "teenage,alien, rasicts, big tittied, explosions" a micheal bay film. im gonna watch it just to see how THE HELL its gonna turn out. so i suggest we sit back and just accept that this film is gonna suck donkey balls

mrrandomlulz

you know what after some reflection ive changed my mind: im looking FORWARD to this film, why? cuz its a f******** micheal bay film what do you expect. its literally as if **** was directing mud. you arent expecting anything good. its micheal bay for gods sake. you KNOW its gonna suck from the moment he was part of the project. its just gonna be "teenage,alien, rasicts, big tittied, explosions" a micheal bay film. im gonna watch it just to see how THE HELL its gonna turn out. so i suggest we sit back and just accept that this film is gonna suck donkey balls
This is the reason that in 10 years, bronies will cry at the actions of Michael bay's son

I can imagine the origin story Bay would make for the ponies,
They wouldn't be ponies, they would be big titted women, with guns, and the movie would have absolutely nothing to do with character development or anything else that actually makes Friendship is Magic worth watching

The reboot I am ****ed off about though is the Robocop reboot, Peter Weller or GTFO

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nothing beats Ninja Turtle movie 3!! Yup part 3 where they go back in time to Japan is my favorite movie! I love like part 2 because of the music!
"Go Ninja, Go Ninja GO!!" :D

Top Bottom