• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

TMNT...RE-BOOT?!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Well, it looks to be the new trend for this year. I'm sensing a WTF? moment...

Michael Bay changes Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles origins for new movie

Transformers director set to alter childhood memories in new Ninja Turtles movie

‘Transformers’ director Michael Bay has revealed plans to completely transform the origins of 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' for a new movie.

Launched in the mid-1980s, the 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' (renamed 'Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles' for a number of European countries, including the UK) have gone on to star in several animated series, but the new live-action movie from Paramount will have a questionable twist.
Originally, the characters were pet turtles that were exposed to toxic waste and turned into superheroes we know and love.

However, director/producer Bay, best known for the 'Transformers' movies, will turn the turtles into aliens for their latest big screen outing.
Appearing at the Nickelodeon Upfront 2012 event at the Lincoln Centre in New York, producer Bay said that he and potential director Jonathan Liebesman are totally changing the original story for the 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' movie.

“When you see this movie, kids will believe, one day, that these turtles do exist... These turtles are from an alien race, and they’re going to be tough, edgy, funny, and completely lovable.”

Having already brought ‘Transformers’ to the big screen with mixed feelings from fans of the original series, Bay is no stranger to recreating the 80s – albeit with serious question marks.

The now-alien turtles are set for a Christmas release date in 2013.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
micheal bay needs to set his priories right. he literally changed the turtkes we all grew up with and just randomly changed them to save himself time and to add space ships into the film. if of course if it turns out to be an amazing film itll be seen as a work of pure inspiration. but judgin from transofrmers 2 and 3...not likely :(

Meg

How are the turtles mutants if they come from space?

And why is it a good thing that kids think these turtles really exist.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I grew up with the 2000 turtles series which did state that the ooze came from the ultrons who were from space so by a stretch they could be considered space creatures but this seems like a reboot made just because he wants to do reboot.

Will you stop killing my childhood?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Its not a reboot, Its them milking my favorite turtles, even more :'(
I grew up with the 2000 turtles series which did state that the ooze came from the ultrons who were from space so by a stretch they could be considered space creatures but this seems like a reboot made just because he wants to do reboot.

Will you stop killing my childhood?
Same here only I also grew up with some VHS's of the original 80s series, I prefferred the 80s turtles,

and if Bebop and Rocksteady are not in this movie, someponies gonna pay

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
look, i'm not saying the turtles arent perfect but im not sure this this is the best way going about it.

mrrandomlulz

look, i'm not saying the turtles arent perfect but im not sure this this is the best way going about it.
The Turtles are perfect, and this definitely is not the way to go about it, the reason?

Because, how many damn Ninja Turtles reboots have we done since the 80's series and 90s movies , the 2003 one was decent at most but the turtles were out of character and the plot was hard to follow, and all the other reboots plain sucked.

I mean look what My Little Pony did, instead of 1 million crappy reboots, they took there time to make one decent one, not only regaining target demographic, but getting people outside of it, where as the poor 4 partying turtles are being milked for everything our childhood was worth.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
What else will they destroy or reboot?

Thundercats - Rebooted
Castlevania - Rebooted
Devil May Cry - Rebooted
Transformers - Rebooted
TMNT - Rebooted
Tomb Raider - Rebooted
Spiderman - Rebooted
Batman - Rebooted

Even though some of those are fairly good, I still see this bussiness as a lack of creativity. I can understand restarting something from the beginning when the first one, even though it was a story from a book/manga/comic it was quite different than it was presented there, and you want to make a new movie/series that follows the original. That way you can have two works, one with extra stuff, and another which presents what you read in animation/actors/etc. Both are awesome.

But restarting stuff just because is just a bit meh. I believe if DMC was absolutely complete as a story with no loose ends, fewer people would worry about the reboot now.

mrrandomlulz

What else will they destroy or reboot?

Thundercats - Rebooted
Castlevania - Rebooted
Devil May Cry - Rebooted
Transformers - Rebooted
TMNT - Rebooted
Tomb Raider - Rebooted
Spiderman - Rebooted
Batman - Rebooted

Even though some of those are fairly good, I still see this bussiness as a lack of creativity. I can understand restarting something from the beginning when the first one, even though it was a story from a book/manga/comic it was quite different than it was presented there, and you want to make a new movie/series that follows the original. That way you can have two works, one with extra stuff, and another which presents what you read in animation/actors/etc. Both are awesome.

But restarting stuff just because is just a bit meh. I believe if DMC was absolutely complete as a story with no loose ends, fewer people would worry about the reboot now.
Next to be rebooted :The Princess Bride
And it won't have Inigo Montoya's memorable lines about his opponent preparing to die and him not being left handed

mrrandomlulz

Oh God.

I don't know whether to laugh, or to ROFLMAO.

So what's "M" to mean in TMNT... Martian?
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have been turned into Teenage Martian Abominations

But let's not act like we didn't see this coming, as soon as I heard this was by Michael Bay I knew it was gonna suck

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
What? *a message to todays directors and game developers*
STOP CHANGING THINGS TO THE WAY YOU LIKE IT!!
That is all.....
This means you NT.... and you too Michael Bay..... :mad:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I had no idea the contents of the ooze was from outer space? I thought it was some kind of toxic nuclear waste because it ended up in a sewer. That's typically how it goes - big hoohaa over something discovered from outer space vs negligence with nuclear waste. I'm still not buying into the alien stuff. Next thing you know, they're going to turn Splinter into an alien mastermind who learned martial arts on his home planet who was sent to earth to guide the turtles into fighting off an alien invasion of some sort. Instead of him just being a mutated rat himself.
Ohhhhhhhh wellllllll.
Cowabunga, dudes and dudettes.

mrrandomlulz

Ok I have this Idea for a Mulan reboot, but instead, lets make Mulan a man who has to prove that he's not a girl

See how easy it is to screw up the entire thing just by messing with one detail, I just completely butchered the message of the movie Mulan
and this is screwing up the turtles
because if they are not from our planet than they are an alien race, and if they are an alien race they are not turtles

So they aren't the Teenage Nutant Ninja Turtles
These are the Teenage Ninja Alien Abominations

Top Bottom