• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tips on Defeating Bosses

Shadow Dante

Give me more power
[Fixed] Tips on Defeating Bosses

Defeating Berial
Use Grim Grip to reel yourself close to his head, and attack with your sword. Once the combos are done, use Grim Grip while still in the air. When his flames are gone, jump up to his head. Grab his head with the Devil Bringer, then once he lands from that, use Devil Bringer again to throw and punch him. Then, run a short distance away because he will release an explosion around him. Make sure to pick up Green Orbs from the destroyed buildings, and roll to avoid his flame geysers and sword attack. Continue attacking this way, and use your Charge Shot to defeat him in under a minute.

Defeating Blitzes
Use the following trick to defeat a Blitz with Nero. To lower the Blitz "electricity shield" quickly, use charged pistol shots with Devil Trigger mode activated. Charge a shot. Activate Devil Trigger mode. Release the shot, maybe a few more. Turn off Devil Trigger mode, and repeat. This will quickly give you Super Smokin Stylish before he has even dropped his shield. This will work even with a level 1 Charge Shot, but is much easier if you have level 3. Once his shield is gone, use Devil Trigger mode again. Use the Devil Bringer to devastate him. Three throws should be enough to send him into "red mode". Once he goes red, he will try to grab you and kill himself to seriously drain your life or kill you. Shoot normal shots at him to get more Smokin Stylish points and defeat him.

Use the following trick to defeat a Blitz with Dante. Use the Royal Guard style along with the Gilgamesh gauntlets. While the Blitz is in his yellow "electricity shield" state, get close to him and press [Melee] + [Style] repeatedly and quickly. You will be performing a punch and canceling it with a Royal Block very quickly. Think of the [Style] move as the attack. Try to constantly use [Melee] + [Style] repeatedly. You will raise the letter grade of your style meter with each hit, and quickly lower the electric shielding. You are basically hitting the shield yourself, then blocking that hit so fast that you cannot see it happen. Again, just press [Melee] + [Style] at the same time. This may be somewhat tricky at first, but eventually becomes easy. Once his shield is lowered, quickly switch to swordmaster style. Use Real Impact uppercut with the Gilgamesh gauntlets at least twice. Perform a Kick 13 if time permits, and/or a Shocking. He will go into his overdriven "Red Mode". Quickly switch to Lucifer, and perform Bondage. If done correctly, you should defeat him and get a huge stylish ranking from one Blitz.

Defeating Sanctus
Do the following to defeat Sanctus inside of Sparda in Mission 20. While Sanctus is airborne in his shield, get close and break it with sword attacks just like earlier in the game. However, he will sometimes block with the Sword of Sparda. When he does this, use the uppercut technique to break his guard. If you are skilled, you should use the Devil Trigger while he is in the air to use a special combo to force him to the ground. If you fail to do the air combo, just let him fall to the ground. You may be able to get a few sword-based shots in, but do not try to rely on this because he may escape. At this point, use the uppercut in Devil Trigger mode, if possible. Afterwards, he will go back to being airborne again, in which case you should not use the Devil Trigger. After you have gotten his health down to around 10% to 15%, he will use a charging sword attack (however, if you have perfected the aforementioned combo, you may bypass this). Defeating him requires timing. At precisely the correct moment of his charge towards you, uppercut to break his guard. Again, as soon as it is broken, Devil Trigger uppercut to finish him off. In the second battle against Sanctus, as the False Prophet, timing is once again crucial. All you must do is uppercut his attacks away.

Defeating Sparda
Sparda can be knocked down by using Pandora's PF398 Revenge technique. With Pandora equipped, hold X and make two complete circles with the Left Analog-stick, then shoot at Sparda. It may require two shots, but he will fall as though you used the stationary cannon.

Hope this help some People

Kedjane

What's this? Where it sais "Berial" you give tips on Blitzes and then there's three rows of information on "demonic bosses" (they all are).
Didn't help me.

FuumaMonou

TBH, with the mistake and the general layout and wording, it looks like something he just copied and pasted from Gamewinner.com or something.

Though, I never realized for the Blitz that you can press both the Style and Melee button at the same time to get the effect. TO think that all this time I was pressing one very quickly after the other.

Shadow Dante

Give me more power
FuumaMonou;78053 said:
TBH, with the mistake and the general layout and wording, it looks like something he just copied and pasted from Gamewinner.com or something.

Though, I never realized for the Blitz that you can press both the Style and Melee button at the same time to get the effect. TO think that all this time I was pressing one very quickly after the other.

what are you talking about o_O ?

i wrote this from my devil may cry 4 Prima Official Game Guide.
True, this also might be on some websites, but i didnt cope/paste.

*Topic Fixed*

FuumaMonou

SpongeGuard;78120 said:
what are you talking about o_O ?

i wrote this from my devil may cry 4 Prima Official Game Guide.
True, this also might be on some websites, but i didnt cope/paste.

*Topic Fixed*

Well it's good that you mention it now because you can get into legal trouble with something like this if you don't give credit to the source (especially something as official as Prima).

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
With Dante the real impact (activating the DT half way though) is awesome you can really screw up bosses. Also doing the (forward and attack) repeatedly with Pandora in DT can really leave a mark.

God bless Youtube ^_^

Top Bottom